Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jack and Bobby 2/2/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jack and Bobby 2/2/05

On a night when all the other networks are airing the State of the Union address, the WB shows a episode of a show which features a fictional future president in his early teen years. Irony?

As it stood, one of the weaker effort in the show's short history so far:

Bobby is devastated by Grace and Tom cavorting on an outing that featured meteor shower watching. Bobby lashes out rather belligerently at Tom. Grace finally sits down with Bobby to get the issues out on the table and that placates Bobby for now.

Jack gets a lesson in high school caste systems by meeting that ubiquitous redheaded girl who's in a bunch of other shows (CSI, Cold Case, etc) at his physical therapist's office and makes Jack take a hard look at his station in high school life. This leads to Jack's breakup with Missy, and Grace didn't skip a beat in displaying her delight at thise development.

Courtney stalks Nate, and is pleasantly surprised that her efforts are rewarded, though he is so playing with fire, being a college student hooking up with the college president's teenage daughter. It's just weird seeing Mike Erwin (Nate) in a normal role after spending seasons on Everwood being sick and near death all the time.

And there was no future history story to tie in with tonight's episode, but it was probably for the best.

Last edited by Patman; 02-02-05 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 602 Likes on 348 Posts
Wow... I'm glad I stumbled across this thread because, according to the local TV guide and my DVR schedule, this episode wasn't supposed to show until next week! I just added it in manually. *whew*
Old 02-02-05, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Weird - there was no commentary from future associates of President Bobby for once.
Old 02-03-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What were they going to do, have an future history insight of Pres. Bobby being a petulant little beyotch?
Old 02-03-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 602 Likes on 348 Posts
I don't know if it was the lack of the future history or what, but this episode seemed overall blah.
Old 02-03-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
What were they going to do, have an future history insight of Pres. Bobby being a petulant little beyotch?

I was expecting a future history involving Marcus saying "and that's how Jack started down the road that led to him becoming an astronaut." Or something to that effect.
Old 02-03-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Totally forgot about this. I assumed that everything was a rerun.
Old 02-03-05, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Weird - there was no commentary from future associates of President Bobby for once.
My wife and I noticed that too. I wonder why?

Missed last week's ep so it was good they caught you up to speed in the beginning.

I'm glad that Jack broke up with Missy. She is annoying and not really that hot.
Old 02-03-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That chick Jack was talking to in the doctor's office was also on Nip/Tuck and Everwood. So I am assuing she is a new love interest for Jack?

To me, she looks like a skinnier version of Jessica Pare.

Speaking of Everwood, it is nice seeing coma-boy Colin on this show.
Old 02-03-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The redheaded girl was the pregnant girl on Everwood who wanted an abortion, and chicken-shit Andy couldn't go through with it, so Harold had to do the procedure.
Old 02-04-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was glad to see Bobby lash out at his mother. Grace is being extremely self-centered and oblivious. This outing is supposed to be Bobby's special time with her, and she spends it virtually ignoring him and drooling over Tom.
Old 02-05-05, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by rkndkn
I was glad to see Bobby lash out at his mother. Grace is being extremely self-centered and oblivious. This outing is supposed to be Bobby's special time with her, and she spends it virtually ignoring him and drooling over Tom.
I don't know. Bobby seemed very out of character in this episode, and acted more like a 6 year old instead of a preteen. "No -- negative six is the BRIGHTEST, so you obviously don't know what you're talking about!" -- what's that all about?
Old 02-05-05, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bobby just wanted to expose Tom for being a fraud so Tom could just show up and mack on his mom and ruin Bobby's weekend with his mom on a trip that Bobby had been looking forward to for at least 6 months.