Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Aviator Soundtrack - need help finding a song

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-05, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont plan on buying the whole soundtrack, but rather finding the song through iTunes, the problem is i dont know which one. there is some type of theme played during the final segment of the theatrical trailer (can be found at http://theaviatormovie.com/, begins at the part after leonardo asks "will you marry me"), one of those "uplifting" songs but i can't figure out what it is from the 30 second clips iTunes gives you. i purchased "H-1 Racer Plane" but that's not it..
Old 02-13-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you sure it's in the movie? I don't remember hearing that in the film. It could be one of those pieces from other movies that they use in trailers.
Old 02-13-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe it's one of these?

http://www.filmmusic.com/trailers/?cid=A&id=1490
Old 02-14-05, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The song is by Craig Armstrong called "PM's love theme" and is found on the Love Actually Soundtrack, only problem is that it is only found on import CDs, and not iTunes. Also, the song "Wyatt's Torch" is an incredible song composed solely for Immediatemusic.com, it seems that this website keeps it files tacked down so that they can only be sold to studios for promotion and are not available to the public.. it's a shame (if i understand that correctly), because the only version I'll ever be able to hear will be the full song, but at 32kbps and streaming through windows media... bad deal.. oh, I got all this information after looking up these files through Eplicon's post, so thanks alot for that link.