Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Earth Final Conflict Seasons 1 and 2 ?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-12-05, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on a release for these two seasons? 3-5 of the show have been out for awhile now but the first two seasons are no shows.
Old 02-12-05, 12:25 AM

ADV has the rights to seasons 3-5, which they have put out on dvd as you have noted. Universal owns the rights to seasons 1 and 2. They announced, IIRC in 2003, that they would be releasing them on DVD. After the annoucement, ADV put out the last three seasons, but nothing has turned up since from Universal. I have not seen any news concerning the show since the original announcement.
Old 02-12-05, 12:34 AM

Figured as much but I was hoping some recent news had popped up. Hoping it just wasn't cancelled and quietly swept under the rug.
Old 02-12-05, 03:28 AM

I would love to see the 1st and 2nd season of E:FC on DVD. Universal hasn't said a word since that rumor back in 2003 though and that doesn't look like a good sign
Old 02-12-05, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Perhaps it has something to do with the lawsuit over the real authorship of the first and maybe second seasons. As I recall, the studio lost the lawsuit. I don't know what the settlement was but I would not be surprised to see them decide to hold back the release to prevent having to pay out any portion of the DVD revenues.