Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW Season 2 is NOT out yet correct?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-11-05, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I few stores around here like Walmart have season 2 on their guides saying that it should have been released on Tuesday, but I've yet to see it.

I was under the impression long ago that it's not out till May.

What's the deal here? I dont wanna look for it when I know it's not out there.....right? =p
Old 02-11-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was announced tuesday. I was under the same impression and was planning on picking it up the other day. "I didn't even know it was announced" I remember thinking.
Old 02-11-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Masamune
OK, I few stores around here like Walmart have season 2 on their guides saying that it should have been released on Tuesday, but I've yet to see it.

I was under the impression long ago that it's not out till May.

What's the deal here? I dont wanna look for it when I know it's not out there.....right? =p
as far as I'm aware it is NOT released. I believe it had originally been scheduled for a Feb release, but got pushed back to May to coincide with Season 3.

birrman54
Old 02-11-05, 12:33 PM

Hmm.

Well it's not anywhere on Ebay, and Amazon still says May so.......
Old 02-11-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, not released.
Old 02-11-05, 01:20 PM

The last date I had heard was May 24th:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...omingart9.html
Old 02-11-05, 01:55 PM

It was supposed to come out on Tuesday, but given all the hype for S3, they pushed it back to coincide.
Old 02-11-05, 03:27 PM

Yes, the original release date was to be February 8th, but Season 3 got delayed and they decided to delay the DVD release till close to the S3 premiere date.
Old 02-11-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait to get it, I really loved that "I'm Wayne Brady biaatccch" skit!
Old 02-11-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

pushed back til may 24....3 disc and 39.99 msrp
Old 02-12-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 861 Likes on 387 Posts
I think Season 3 got pushed back first, because Chappelle was very ill.

We should have started a save Dave fundraiser.

I heard a nasty rumor, from my brother I think. That supposedly, it will not contain the Rick James episode.
Old 02-12-05, 03:37 PM
Banned

I heard it was being pushed back because of Rick James family being really pissed or something.
Old 02-12-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I couldn't tell you how hard I laughed when I saw him punch that roulette table guy in the face and say 'Spam busters BITCH!'
Old 02-12-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
I couldn't tell you how hard I laughed when I saw him punch that roulette table guy in the face and say 'Spam busters BITCH!'

Totally agree. That was the skit that sold me on the show!
Old 03-29-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So what's the info about the Rick James episode not being on the box set? Family wouldn't grant it?

I'm watching that episode right now and in the top corner it says Season 2 DVD coming out (not with the Rick James episode) or something like that.
Old 03-29-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
So what's the info about the Rick James episode not being on the box set? Family wouldn't grant it?

I'm watching that episode right now and in the top corner it says Season 2 DVD coming out (not with the Rick James episode) or something like that.
If that's true, I bet they'll only sell half what they would have.
Old 03-29-05, 08:09 PM

Evidently that Rick James skit didn't bother Rick James, since he spoofed himself at that music awards show and actually stood up on stage and said, "Oh, and to that girl backstage . . . I'm Rick James, Bitch!" Shame that he has a sense of humor about it and the family doesn't. But that most certainly isn't the reason it was pushed back. It was pushed back because the premiere of Season Three was pushed back.
Old 03-29-05, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Are you sure it said DVD? The title of the episode was "The Best of Season 2 (Except Rick James)."
Old 03-29-05, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think you're right. I started watching it a few nights ago (around 1 AM) and taped the rest. The part I went back to didn't have the info onscreen so I was going by memory.

But I coulda swore it said DVD. Oh well.
Old 03-29-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I heard the same thing about the Rick James skit about a month ago, but thought it was BS since I hadn't heard about it anywhere else.
Old 03-29-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's gotta be BS. If there was a problem, Comedy Central wouldn't be able to run the episode on an infinite loop.

Also, from what everyone is describing, it sounds to me like the Best of Show was on, as Roper said.

No cause for alarm here...
Old 04-01-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the South Park season 5 set, which is still pretty new, there is a preview for Chappelles season 2 that really flaunts the Rick James episode. The release date was "coming soon". So I think it'll be on there.
Old 04-01-05, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Comedy Central knows full well that all material shot for Chappelle's Show is also targeted at a DVD later on. You can be sure that they secured whatever necessary releases for Rick James when his participation was shot. His death and/or his family's intervention shouldn't affect it.

DJ
Old 04-01-05, 11:25 AM
Cool New Member

The season 2 dvd release was pushed back so they could release it at around the same time of start of Season 3, which was delayed beacues Dave had the flu.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/news1604.html
Old 05-04-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Chappelle's Show is a no-go, bitch!

In a surprise announcement Wednesday, Comedy Central said that the highly anticipated third season of Dave Chappelle's show will not make its May 31 premiere date.

"Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of Chappelle's Show until further notice," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a brief statement. "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

No official reason was given for the shutdown, but sources told E! News that Chappelle has been MIA from the set for weeks. There was no indication on how long the suspension would last.

In December, the network said that Chappelle's Show was behind schedule after Chappelle fell ill, forcing the network to postpone the expected February debut of new episodes.

"Dave--and his entire production crew for that matter--got a bit of a late start on writing season three," Fox told the New York Post. Production was slated to resume in January.

Last August, Chappelle, 31, reupped with Comedy Central in a massive two-year deal, valued at $50 million by the Hollywood Reporter. The deal also set a new Industry precedent--reportedly giving the funnyman a large cut of backend DVD sales.

Featuring Chappelle's often raunchy standup, offbeat sketches and killer parodies of Prince and Rick James, Chappelle's Show has steadily built a huge following since its debut in January of 2003. By the end of season two, the half-hour show was often pulling in more than three million viewers, a substantial number for basic cable. The first season currently ranks as the all-time top-selling TV show on DVD. (Paramount has indefinitely pushed back the release of the second season--the studio hopes to time the DVD to the start of season three.)

In addition to his gig at Comedy Central, Chappelle had been working on a book for Hyperion. There has been no word on the book's status; there's also no word on the reported Rick James biopic for Paramount in which Chappelle would portray the late R&B wild man.

[YAHOO]

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.