Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lamb of God Banned From Performing at the Forum in Los Angeles

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Years ago when I heard this Church would buy THE FORUM I knew sooner or later this would happen to some group. For the most part, as far I know, they haven't been pricks about secular groups playing there. I've seen many metal/rock band there since that Church bought the place so I know that they're mostly ok with different secular groups playing there but I guess the name "LAMB OF GOD" was too much. I wonder if "DIO" has played there since they took over?

I guess the "bottomline" is that they(Faithful Central) own The Forum so they can say who plays and who don't.....

The Faithful Central Bible Church is one of the many -HUGE- well known Churches in the Black community here in LA.

from knac.com

Lamb of God Banned From Performing at the Forum in Los Angeles Based Solely on Their Band Name

For Immediate Release:

The Banning of the Lambs

Lamb of God is BANNED from performing at the Forum in Los Angeles!

Lamb of God is being forced to step aside from one of their arena concerts on the upcoming ‘Subliminal Verses’ Tour with Slipknot, because of their name Lamb of God and former moniker Burn the Priest.

The venue, The Forum in Los Angeles, is owned by The Faithful Central Bible Church who decided to impose a ruling to ban Lamb of God’s performance at their venue.

Lamb of God have come off of several extremely successful headline runs through L.A. in the last year, so this move comes completely unexpected for the band and the tour as a whole. Los Angeles is and has always been a huge market for the band, building steadily with each one of their releases and tours as well as and exploding with the bands current CD, Ashes of the Wake (Epic 8/04).

In deciding to ban Lamb of God’s performance, The Faithful Central Bible Church are imposing on the publics freedom of speech, choice and assembly; the bands art along with the bands ability to conduct commerce.

Drummer Chris Adler clearly states: "The ‘situation’ in LA can only be described as ridiculous. It's already been a huge waste of energy trying to turn this around. The powers that be aren't interested budging -- or doing their research apparently -- and we've never been a band to placate anyone to get our way, smooth things over or make anyone feel better. They have made it clear that they don't want us because of our name, our show and our crowd -- because of that ignorance, Lamb of God is not being permitted to appear on the ‘Subliminal Verses’ Concert in LA. It's truly a shame for the show overall, especially for our friends and fans in LA that are being forced to miss our part of the show. Trust that this was not our decision, we'd love to kick some ass in LA, but apparently the word from the powers that be is that Lamb of God is not the wholesome, family fun that the good people of Los Angeles deserve."

www.Lamb-of-God.com
Old 02-11-05, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read this too, although I heard it also had something to do with their former name- "burn the priest"... who knows. They ended up changing their name because of all the idiots who took it too seriously.

I tell ya, the kids these days....

Ashes of the wake in 5.1 March 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
I was looking forward to seeing Lamb of God, then read about this a week ago, anyway still going and can't wait to see Slipknot.
Old 02-11-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by woofman
Ashes of the wake in 5.1 March 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woh, really...SWEET!