Tales From The Crypt Documentary

Old 02-09-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tales From The Crypt Documentary

Anybody have this...website has some good info....i have heard good things

OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND ORDER INFO

DVD BONUS MATERIAL
Full, uncut version of documentary including scenes not available in broadcast version

Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Mix

First ever meeting and discussion between science fiction author Ray Bradbury and EC Comics editor Al Feldstein, moderated by comic book historian Jerry Weist

Never-before-seen interviews with EC artists Jack Davis, Al Williamson, Jack Kamen and Marie Severin

EC Artist Jack Kamen takes a look back at his original artwork

Bonus interviews with EC Library publisher Russ Cochran and Comic Book Price Guide publisher Robert Overstreet

Extended interview with famed horror movie director George A. Romero

EC historian Roger Hill discusses EC's own censorship of their most infamous cover
Old 02-09-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
thats great but when are the season sets coming out
Old 02-10-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it only available on that website? The price is a little steep but I may have to get it anyway. I'd hate to get this then have it included in the rumored season sets later on this year.
Old 02-10-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

it will not be in the season sets....this was an independent production and i am not sure that it has found distribution yet. From what i have heard, it covers more of the comic book side than the tv series... unless the company who owns the rights to release the tv shows were to buy this and then pack it then it won't be included.
Old 02-10-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I loved the old EC comics. I used to have the entire hard back collection, unfortunately it got stollen about 15 years ago (god, I'd love to get them again, does anyone know if they were reprinted?).
I never heard of this DVD but would buy it in a heartbeat. Thanks for the info

EDIT: Er... $30.00 + s/h seems a bit much. I may wait and see if it is sold elsewhere later.

Last edited by DeputyDave; 02-10-05 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-10-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I loved the old EC comics. I used to have the entire hard back collection, unfortunately it got stollen about 15 years ago (god, I'd love to get them again, does anyone know if they were reprinted?).
My roommate picked up the five HC volumes of 'Vault of Fear' at the Strand (a used bookstore) thinking he could sell them on E-bay, and then it turned out the E-bay prices weren't high enough for him to do it; I think you could get them there for about $30-$40 each (each set, that is, not each HC).
Old 02-10-05, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
My roommate picked up the five HC volumes of 'Vault of Fear'
You're confusing two different EC Comics, Vault of Horror + Haunt of Fear
Old 02-10-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
No, I don't think they were ever reprinted, at least in recent memory. Most of them are out of print, but the horror ones -- "Tales from the Crypt," "Vault of Horror," and "Haunt of Fear" should still be available from Gemstone Publishing/Diamond Comics. "Haunt of Fear" is available as five hardcover books shrinkwrapped together without the slipcase for some reason, while the other two sets come slipcased.

The rest of the EC hardcovers/sets are currently unavailable as far as I know, except on the secondary/collector's market.
Old 08-17-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just wanted to let everyone know who had thought about this and passed thinking that they would get it with the season 1 set. from the website in the OP.

Finally, an edited version of the documentary is featured on the new DVD, Tales from the Crypt: The Complete First Season. This DVD released by Warner Home Video does NOT include the complete, unedited documentary (for instance, it does not include the section exploring the influence of EC Comics on directors George A. Romero and John Carpenter). The Warner Home Video release also does NOT include any of the 3 hours of bonus features (such as the Ray Bradbury-Al Feldstein roundtable discussion) that make "Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Television" a must have for EC fans and comic book lovers!