Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"I Drink Your Blood" DVD quality (Redux)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-09-05, 12:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

I don't know what happened to my thread on this. There were such great comments and I can't find it anywhere...that sucks!!

Anyway, gutwrencher, you would be so proud...I just snagged a copy, #375/500 for $65! I talked the guy down from $135. It is brand new and never been viewed. He tells me it didn't come with shrinkwrap, is this true? Also, did it come with a slipcase?

And to anyone who has...how is the picture and audio quality? I don't think I asked that or at least forgot from the mysteriously disappeared other thread.

And the extras are great too? It looked like they were in abundance when i looked on dvdcompare.net. I think I will keep the other copy, since it was only $10 and use that for viewing and store the other nicely.

Let me know all other thoughts for those who have...
Old 02-09-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
I don't know what happened to my thread on this. There were such great comments and I can't find it anywhere...that sucks!!

Anyway, gutwrencher, you would be so proud...I just snagged a copy, #375/500 for $65! I talked the guy down from $135. It is brand new and never been viewed. He tells me it didn't come with shrinkwrap, is this true? Also, did it come with a slipcase?
Hey yeah...what did happen to that thread? TomOpus replied and I could'nt get to it.

Right on, scott1598!

It did not come shrinkwrapped. and no slipcover. The extras are essential in my book.
Old 02-09-05, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by gutwrencher
Hey yeah...what did happen to that thread? TomOpus replied and I could'nt get to it.

Right on, scott1598!

It did not come shrinkwrapped. and no slipcover. The extras are essential in my book.
and the audio and picture? they are good? out of x/10...

yeah! i'm excited now. just hope the guy who sold it to me is for real, but he was so communicative and responsive that i have a good feeling. hope to have it Monday...

what put me over the top was the clear case with the cover art on the inside.

i really am a sucker for great packaging and i saw a pic of that inside and i was going to stop at nothing. so that will go in a sleeve and be savored with my other collectibles.

thanks for all the fo!

let's hear from more who have this...

Last edited by OldBoy; 02-09-05 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-09-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't see the other thread. What's the diference between the one you bought and THIS one I just ordered last week?
Old 02-09-05, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I don't see the other thread. What's the diference between the one you bought and THIS one I just ordered last week?
a whole lotta stuff. you see my pic? the version you ordered is just a disc inside a black amaray case. no inserts, no nothing, just blackness on the inside.

this is a limited edition (500) edition with signatures from the cast on the inside of the case, a picture of the lead actress Lynn Lowry, and an essay/poster fold out. the disc contents are exactly the same though, so you got that. (gut, look at me talking like an "I Drink Your Blood" pro!)

total blackness i tell ya...

Last edited by OldBoy; 02-09-05 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-09-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,285 Likes on 935 Posts
and the audio and picture? they are good? out of x/10
These ratings are based considering the age and type of movie.

The print is fairly clean. The transfer is very good: 8/10

The sound is mono but very clean and clear: 7.5/10

Great extras: 8.5/10

It has some of the coolest menus: 10/10
Old 02-09-05, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a whole lotta stuff. you see my pic? the version you ordered is just a disc inside a black amaray case. no inserts, no nothing, just blackness on the inside.

this is a limited edition (500) edition with signatures from the cast on the inside of the case, a picture of the lead actress Lynn Lowry, and an essay/poster fold out. the disc contents are exactly the same though, so you got that. (gut, look at me talking like an "I Drink Your Blood" pro!)

total blackness i tell ya...
OK, I understand that edition is better in the sense of extras and other limited edition goodies. But what about the actual movie? Is it the same uncut print?
Old 02-09-05, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott,
I hope the seller wasn't passing that photo off as the one you are getting.
It isn't. It is a photo that I took of my copy.
Old 02-09-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus
It has some of the coolest menus: 10/10
Especially that easter egg menu!
Old 02-09-05, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Especially that easter egg menu!
Old 02-10-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
I believe all the content is the same. Just the packaging was different.
Old 02-10-05, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by moonlimb
Scott,
I hope the seller wasn't passing that photo off as the one you are getting.
It isn't. It is a photo that I took of my copy.
no, no. i just saw that on eBay and wanted to show the description to the poster in this thread. is that yours you are selling? how come you are giving away such a cherry of a DVD?
anyway, i am sorry i used the pic without permission. i hope you weren't offended, moon!
Old 02-10-05, 03:40 PM
Banned

Hi Scott,

I'm not offended at all. I received an email regarding my auction--specifically where I got the photos from. i.e. I was asked if I was using someone else's photos. About selling, I'm not a big collector of DVD's. However, the longer I see it without bids the more inclined I am to pull the auction and hold unto to it until a later date. I thought it would sell immediately. You will not be disappointed with yours I would suspect.
Old 02-10-05, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by moonlimb
Hi Scott,

I'm not offended at all. I received an email regarding my auction--specifically where I got the photos from. i.e. I was asked if I was using someone else's photos. About selling, I'm not a big collector of DVD's. However, the longer I see it without bids the more inclined I am to pull the auction and hold unto to it until a later date. I thought it would sell immediately. You will not be disappointed with yours I would suspect.
i hope not! but if something doesn't look right...i'm comin' for yours moon!
who knows, maybe this thread will give you some unintended exposure (wink, wink!)
Old 02-10-05, 05:15 PM

Gimme more meat pies!!
Old 02-10-05, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by gutwrencher

Gimme more meat pies!!
i just wish i didn't have the disease where when i get a DVD, i don't watch it for years!
Old 02-11-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Welcome to the club! Probably my favorite DVD in my collection.

Let us all know what you think of it when you get it!
Old 02-11-05, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Exister
Welcome to the club! Probably my favorite DVD in my collection.

Let us all know what you think of it when you get it!
it is so funny that people are saying "favorite"...those are powerful statments and i didn't even know anything about this DVD until I saw that "face" on the cover of the sole copy in Best Buy. It just stood out in the horror section, i read the back, and i was like i want this. got this and now i will have a collector's item to boot. can't wait!!
Old 02-12-05, 01:16 PM

Man...what a gorgeous DVD!

Just got #375. Perfect condition. Put it in the player and wow! those menus are freggin awesome!!! Won't watch the movie for awhile, but just wanted to let you know I am now a member of the 500 Club!...

Does anybody have a valid UPC # for this disc? I want to enter into DVD Profiler and it isn't listed by title. I want the Limited Editon and not the regular release, but if it comes down to it I will put that in, but anyone have anything that works to easily upload the info? Thanks in advance for that.

What a haul today. USPS brought me 4 DVD's, 2 were pre-orders ("Saw" and "Donnie Darko" DC (with ad for the new "Office Space" SE coming in 2005!!!) and "Cannibal Ferox".

Let me just say today was the day of cases! "Saw" is awesome clear slipcase and clear DVD case that shows through to the disc. "Cannibal Ferox" and "I Drink Your Blood" are both Grindhouse releases and you can tell since both have clear plastic DVD cases to see the art work all around...very nice touch,
And, the "Donnie Darko" DC has a very elegant white slipcase around the 2-Disc set.

All in all very happy with my score all today, and might go pick up the "Rocky Anthology" I have hidden away at Best Buy right now. Wow!!

Last edited by OldBoy; 02-12-05 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-12-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Does anybody have a valid UPC # for this disc? I want to enter into DVD Profiler and it isn't listed by title. I want the Limited Editon and not the regular release, but if it comes down to it I will put that in, but anyone have anything that works to easily upload the info? Thanks in advance for that
I used the "Deluxe Edition" one that Profiler has. If you check out the scan of the back it even shows the "xxx/500" number so that was good enough for me.

Congrats on getting your copy in great condition!
Old 02-12-05, 05:20 PM

I used the "Deluxe Edition" one that Profiler has. If you check out the scan of the back it even shows the "xxx/500" number so that was good enough for me.

Congrats on getting your copy in great condition!
what "Deluxe Edition"? I tried to put in the UPC from the regular version, tried putting in the title "I Drink Your Blood" and nothing comes up at all? Can you check that listing UPC and give it to me? More help please...

Last edited by OldBoy; 02-12-05 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-12-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The listed when I check my collection, it's listed as 2525252525. Weird.

When I enter by title, I get 4 listings. 2 show the back w/Lynn Lowrey. 2 show the back of the one we have but only 1 has the numbers shown.... which is the UPC that I gave.

Good luck!
Old 02-12-05, 05:46 PM

The listed when I check my collection, it's listed as 2525252525. Weird.

When I enter by title, I get 4 listings. 2 show the back w/Lynn Lowrey. 2 show the back of the one we have but only 1 has the numbers shown.... which is the UPC that I gave.

Good luck!
what version of DVD Profiler do you have? What was the exact title you put in? I have 2.3 and I can't get nothin...
Old 02-12-05, 05:48 PM

what version of DVD Profiler do you have? What was the exact title you put in? I have 2.3 and I can't get nothin...
thanks Tom...the UPC worked! u da man!
Old 02-12-05, 05:51 PM

Under the 'Other' category on the DVD Profiler listing it says:
"X-Rated Theatrical Cut and Original Director's Cut included"

there aren't 2 versions of the film on the disc, correct? does this mean anything?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.