Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Highlander Season 6 Best Buy Bonus Disc?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-09-05, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to Best Buy's ad, there was supposed to be a bonus 9th disc with the Highlander Season 6 set. I did not see it shrinkwrapped to the side, but the salesman at the store told me it was inside the box, which of course it wasn't. Did anyone get the bonus disc that can describe it and how it was packaged?
Old 02-09-05, 01:41 PM

I thought the last season was only 7 discs + the bonus =8...
I have not had time to pick it up yet....
Old 02-09-05, 01:44 PM
Banned

Nope, it's an 8-disc set. Four double-disc flaps in a gatefold digipak. Got mine on Monday thru DDD. Shame about the price though...almost $58 for just 13 episodes. They should have lowered the price for this final set. It shouldn't have cost more than $35.
Old 02-09-05, 01:58 PM

I finally got ahold of someone at Best Buy who knew what they were talking about. The ad said a bonus 9th disc exclusive to Best Buy, but they said that was an error. They think the bonus exclusive material was included on the 8th disc, since most outlets only got a 7 disc set. Did the one you got from DDD have "Exclusive Bonus Material" written on the top of the box?
Old 02-09-05, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fourthturn
I finally got ahold of someone at Best Buy who knew what they were talking about. The ad said a bonus 9th disc exclusive to Best Buy, but they said that was an error. They think the bonus exclusive material was included on the 8th disc, since most outlets only got a 7 disc set. Did the one you got from DDD have "Exclusive Bonus Material" written on the top of the box?
I don't recall, but it's definately an 8-disc set. 7 DVDs and 1 CD-ROM as usuall.
Old 02-09-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's the Anchor Bay release. As we discussed before, they are apparently only including the CD with this release. At the home of Highlander, the Legendary Heroes site, you can buy this for $40, but it will only have 7 discs.

That's my guess, I haven't actually purchased this, yet. But this is what happened with Season 5.