Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stargate SG1/Atlantis casting news

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stargate SG1/Atlantis casting news

Hot on the heels of the exceptional January premieres of 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis,' SCI FI Channel and MGM Television Entertainment have scored a casting hat trick, welcoming three-time Emmy winner Beau Bridges, Oscar winner Lou Gossett, Jr. and sci-fi favorite Mitch Pileggi to the 'Stargate' family.

Bridges will join the cast of 'Stargate SG-1' as General Hank Landry, the new head of Stargate Command. When Jack O'Neill is promoted to oversee Homeworld Security, he hand-picks Landry to be his successor. In addition to being committed to a regular role on 'SG-1,' Bridges will also cross over to appear in a few episodes of 'Stargate Atlantis.' Gossett will also join the cast of 'SG-1' in a recurring role as a Jaffa leader who vies with Teal'c for political control of the new Jaffa nation.

Bridges and Gossett join returning cast members Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks, and newest team member Ben Browder, who plays Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell. With these fresh casting additions, 'Stargate SG-1' - currently the longest-running sci-fi drama on American television - is primed for even greater success as it enters its ninth original season.

X-Files alumnus Mitch Pileggi will take on 'Stargate Atlantis' in a recurring role as a hard-nosed colonel who butts heads with Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson) and Major Sheppard (Joe Flanigan).

Production on both 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis' is set to begin in March 2005 for summer premieres on SCI FI.
Link

Will be sad to see Anderson go, but they're certainly bringing in some interesting choices.
Old 02-08-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought Hammond was the head of Homeworld Security now??
Old 02-08-05, 04:49 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
probably means he's getting bumped up - Bridges to be General, O'neil to Homeworld security, and Hammond to Outergalaxy overlord...or something.
Old 02-08-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
It will be nice to see Pileggi again - I've missed him since The X-Files whent away.
Old 02-11-05, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I like all 3 of these guys, interesting. Isn't Anderson supposed to still be a recurring character? Hope he's not off completely.
Old 02-11-05, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shady12
Well I like all 3 of these guys, interesting. Isn't Anderson supposed to still be a recurring character? Hope he's not off completely.
RDA is still one of the producers right? So he won't get completely out of the picture, he will once again have less on-camera time.
Old 02-11-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Nice spoiler. How can Major Sheppard butt heads with a hard-nosed colonel in the next season if he blows himself up to destroy a hive ship?

Old 02-11-05, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by HN
probably means he's getting bumped up - Bridges to be General, O'neil to Homeworld security, and Hammond to Outergalaxy overlord...or something.
Dammit I was waiting for that promotion to Overlord, great one.
Old 02-11-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Director Skinner at Stargate --- WoW!
Old 02-12-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the most interesting addition is Ben Browder. Stargate's getting all the Farscape refugees. And it says he's going to be a fourth SG-1 team member.
Old 02-12-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Claudia Black played a big guest starring role on SG1 just an episode or two back, and it was very much played like a possible recurring character. Hard to imagine they'd have her and Ben on the same show again--just too weird--but it definitely seemed like the character was just being "introduced" on that episode.
Old 02-12-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by adamblast
Claudia Black played a big guest starring role on SG1 just an episode or two back, and it was very much played like a possible recurring character. Hard to imagine they'd have her and Ben on the same show again--just too weird--but it definitely seemed like the character was just being "introduced" on that episode.

It's not really a spoiler as the news was out generally several weeks ago, but Claudia Black is supposed to be returning for the first five episodes of the next season while Amanda Tapping is on maternity leave. So you'll get to see Ben and Claudia together on the show.
Old 04-05-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Wow. Cool news. All three of those guys are great. Can't wait to see Mitch though. He has been missed.
Old 04-08-05, 05:13 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Wow. Cool news. All three of those guys are great. Can't wait to see Mitch though. He has been missed.
Speaking of Mitch, he was on "Eyes" Wednesday night in a small role. Was good to see him on TV again. Can't remember the last time I saw him on something other than The X-Files.
Old 04-08-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cdoug57
Director Skinner at Stargate --- WoW!
the cross over fan-fic writers are undoubtedly creaming their pants at this
Old 04-08-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So who are they going to add next, someone from B5?
I'll watch to see Ben and Claudia and I don't even like the show that much.
Old 07-05-05, 02:22 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Season 9 cast photos: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml

Old 07-05-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
No pic of Claudia?
Old 07-05-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
wow. Browder and Shanks look like brothers.
Old 07-05-05, 06:34 PM

I do hope that Anderson is in some of the episodes this season.
Old 07-05-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've never been a Stargate fan and I haven't watched Sci-Fi more than in passing since Farscape went off the air (well, except for The Peacekeeper Wars), but Browder and Black are enough to get me watching that wretched network again.

If that wasn't funny enough, Comcast is moving Sci-Fi to digital in a few weeks, and I'm actually disappointed now.
Old 07-06-05, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Friday night block of shows on Sci-Fi is on the cover of the TVGuide that comes out this week. There's an article on each of the three shows.