Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Where to Preorder the PSP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to Preorder the PSP!

I thought I'd start a thread with places that have it available for preorders. I'm getting sick of reading all the other threads that all they can talk about is the DS is better or the PSP is better. Honestly, I can careless which one is better, I just want to insure that I get a PSP. We all know the two obvious places for the PSP which are making us buy these big bundles for $399.99 which are...

Gamestop PSP Preorder

EB Games PSP Preorder

Here's the best deal I have found so far which is at Costco.com

Costco.com PSP $247.99

On EBGames preorders, if you go to the store itself, they don't make you buy the bundle with the games. The preorder is for the Sony Bundle for $249.99. They only require $20 down too. Gamestop is asking for $50 but not sure what they are making you preorder in the store.

Again, please, no crap about which handheld is better or that the price is too much or anything else in that line. This thread is for people hunting for the PSP.

It would be great if people can contribute other places to get them and the price when they are available. Thanks!
Old 02-05-05, 01:23 PM

From Cag.com

FYE
$15, currently taking preorders until quota is met.

Gamecrazy
$10-$25
Receive 12 free Hollywood Video rentals free when you pick up your preordered PSP.

Gamerush
Taking preorders, but I have no details.

Media Play
$50, sign said something about a bundle didn't confirm if this was the $250 PSP bundle or if MP was requiring a purchase of games &/or assessories.

*Also, if you're looking to pre-order games. GameRush currently has an offer where you can trade in 2 games(PS2,Xbox,GC,DS,GBA) to pre-purchase a game for $34.99 plus you get the value of the games you traded in. More info here: http://www.gamerush.com/promo_trade_2_preorder.php

Last edited by amped; 02-05-05 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-05-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fry's has a 512 pro duo memory card for $59 this week. link
Old 02-05-05, 11:31 PM

The Gamerush I preordered at told me they were taking 10 preorders and required me to put down $50. Although I've heard some Gamerushs are only taking 5 preorders.
Old 02-06-05, 12:38 AM

Hey, thanks for the info on pre-ordering at costco. Ordered my system there since I wouldn't have to buy a bundle. Time to cancel my gamestop pre-order.
Old 02-06-05, 01:19 AM

im going to game crazy tomorrow
i pre ordered my DS there, and they did a great job
Old 02-08-05, 04:44 PM

Hey Yall....

I want to preorder the thing at costco, but the link doesent work anymore.. Is costco no longer selling them?

My goal is to just by the psp (the sony bundle) and not get roped into all the other stuff the stores are forcing on people....

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-08-05, 04:52 PM

Whats up with Costco?

I am trying to just order the regular psp without the bundle mumbo jumbo. Everybody said that they got it on costco but when i try it says that there is an error on the page or it says that the category isnt found. I got it to work once but before i could order it, it dissapeared and said ERROR. HELP PLEASE
Old 02-08-05, 05:07 PM

It's possible that pre-orders have hit the limit and Costco has since removed it from their site. Next best thing would probably be to call up your local Costco to find out if they're doing PSP pre-orders or not.

My goal is to just by the psp (the sony bundle) and not get roped into all the other stuff the stores are forcing on people....
As far as I know EB, GS, and Gamerush aren't doing forced $400 bundles, not if you go to the store anyway.
Old 02-08-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is a major shortage of these units anticipated?

Anybody know how many are going to ship v. how many PS2s shipped?
Old 02-08-05, 05:16 PM

Game Crazy preorder

I just pre-ordered with Game Crazy, and although they were nice, I'm concerned. Over the phone he confirmed that the preorder would cost $25. But then when I got there, he rung up the headphones, etc. as separate items, and charged me $5 for each of those, making the total preorder price $45. He said Sony hadn't given them a single SKU for the U.S. bundle, so this was how they had to ring it up.

I asked again and again if the bundle total would still be $250, and he said yes, but not with the confidence I'd like. And I'm skeptical that there isn't a single SKU, since I've read this bundle is the only way the PSP is being sold in the U.S.

I don't care so much about putting more down. I just worry that they don't know what they're doing.
Old 02-08-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
Fry's has a 512 pro duo memory card for $59 this week. link
Wish their was a Fry's near me That's one awesome deal!
Old 02-08-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Wish their was a Fry's near me That's one awesome deal!
You can get a 512 meg card from BananaPC for $62 shipped. I've ordered memory from them before, and it came without a hitch.
Old 02-08-05, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by joeblow69
You can get a 512 meg card from BananaPC for $62 shipped. I've ordered memory from them before, and it came without a hitch.
Thanks alot Joeblow69!
Old 02-10-05, 01:44 PM

Little bit of an update, but Gamestop is no longer taking pre-orders for the PSP's 3/24 launch. They are now only doing pre-orders for the 2nd shipment.

Also, for those who have already pre-ordered at gamestop. They are currently running a promo where if you trade in 3 games (PS2,Xbox,GC) you not only get the value of each game but also 30% off your PSP pre-order total.

*Update: Gamestop promo isn't that great. Use ebay or GameRush instead.

Last edited by amped; 02-12-05 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-12-05, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by amped
Little bit of an update, but Gamestop is no longer taking pre-orders for the PSP's 3/24 launch. They are now only doing pre-orders for the 2nd shipment.

Also, for those who have already pre-ordered at gamestop. They are currently running a promo where if you trade in 3 games (PS2,Xbox,GC) you not only get the value of each game but also 30% off your PSP pre-order total.
Just trade-in 3 games and $20 bucks in credit. but more important 30% off my Psp pre-order total ($81). What a deal!!!!!
Old 02-12-05, 08:54 PM

Actually, I retract that "deal". My friend tried it out and found out the hard way how horrible GS's trade in values are. Better off going to ebay.

Also, www.bestbuy.com started doing PSP game pre-orders.

Last edited by amped; 02-12-05 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-12-05, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by amped
Actually, I retract that "deal". My friend tried it out and found out the hard way how horrible GS's trade in values are. Better off going to ebay.

Also, www.bestbuy.com started doing PSP game pre-orders.

Yeah you may only get a $1 for each game, but what about the 30% off. Is that for real?
Old 02-13-05, 12:54 AM

My local gamestop has a different deal. You get an additional 30% credit on top of your trade in value. Would be great if they were doing the 30% off psp thing.
Old 02-17-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Thanks alot Joeblow69!
According to Sandisk, the standard card won't work in PSP. You need to buy their "gaming" version of the card, like the multi=colored ones EB has on their site.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410198
Old 02-19-05, 04:49 PM
Cool New Member

I just came back from preordering the PSP at BB's Gamerush. It seems that the price of the PSP in the system is $195. After I paid the deposit, my account said that I still owed about $145, so the $195 isn't the price after deposit. Is there any way I can lock my preorder in at that price? He gave me no guarantee that I'd get the $195 price tag. Also, can any Blockbuster employee confirm/check this price? If true, this would be an awesome deal.

Btw, if anyone else wants to try, you'd better hurry. My BB was only given 5 preorders and I was #4.
Old 02-20-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone who pre-ordered from ebgames received an email for game selection yet?
Old 02-20-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Put my pre-oder in with gamestop. Unfortunately I waited and now I am on the 2nd shipment list. I pre-ordered Ridge Racer and Lumines. I'm tempted to pre-order at TRU or ebgames and take the first one that arrives.
Old 02-20-05, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by bahgee
According to Sandisk, the standard card won't work in PSP. You need to buy their "gaming" version of the card, like the multi=colored ones EB has on their site.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410198
Glad I didn't get the card yet....Thanks for the heads up! I've heard that the prices of the memory stick will be going way down....So I suggest to hold off on buying those cards...you're going to be getting a better deal in a few weeks.
Old 02-20-05, 10:02 PM

Bookmark this site if you're interested in purchasing the PSP:

http://www.psp4.us/index.php

It basically lists all locations online that will sell the PSP along with prices. Plus it lists accessories that will be released, directly links to updated PSP news, even links to the proposed US PSP manual.

More info here:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/2/prweb210456.htm

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.