DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Weird runtime thing on Grudge and Forgotten

Willh51
02-04-05, 10:53 PM
This is kind of a random question, but I have noticed this on two Columbia dvds. The Forgotten and The Grudge 2004 give weird run times when I click display on my dvd player. For example at the end of the credits, at ninety one minutes, it still says there are eight mins and some odd seconds left, although after the credits it stops. The Forgotten did this as well. I was wondering if it had something to do with the exteneded scenes on that dvd, but Grudge doesn't have those. Do this mean there are possible hidden scenes on The Grudge? Any ideas?

mr.rs
02-04-05, 11:40 PM
I think this has something to do with preventing the copying of the discs.
Something to do with unreadable code or something technical like that.
I'm not 100% positive so..............

Rammsteinfan
02-04-05, 11:44 PM
I bet that is what it is. Someone I know has tried to copy those discs and was unsuccessful. Also happened with Resident Evil & Little Black Book.

Venom
02-04-05, 11:54 PM
They say that when someone masters a dvd in a powerful rage. 8 extra minutes is made.

scarredgod
02-05-05, 12:41 AM
and others have definitely been successful with both grudge and forgotten. in the case of forgotten, the deleted scenes and alternate ending was tacked onto the back, which would explain those additional minutes i guess. dont know about the grudge.

sailor_moon
02-05-05, 12:49 AM
They say that when someone masters a dvd in a powerful rage. 8 extra minutes is made.

:lol:

mr.rs
02-05-05, 12:51 AM
Someone I know has tried to copy those discs and was unsuccessful.

My friend told me to tell you to tell your friend to update his software and this will not be a problem. I don't know WHAT he's talking about.:thumbsup:

laserdogg
02-05-05, 04:46 AM
I bet that is what it is. Someone I know has tried to copy those discs and was unsuccessful. Also happened with Resident Evil & Little Black Book.

I have all 3 of 321 Studios versions of DVDXCopy and they all fail at about 37% through the process with some kind of weird Can't Read VOB error on The Grudge. First time I've been unable to copy a DVD........

I don't back my discs up very often (usually as a loaner copy for the immediate family so the originals don't get munged up)

Willh51
02-05-05, 09:23 AM
Okay, thanks for the info. Just wondering if I was crazy or not. Too bad though, I would have liked some hidden footage on Grudge.

dmpre99
02-05-05, 10:31 AM
You can copy it using dvd decrypter. It is a pain to use imo but it does get the job done.

pilot
02-05-05, 11:09 AM
no discussing ripping a dvd.