Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone had any luck dealing directly with Paramount CS?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like some (or many) of the other posters here, I got a scratched disk in a Star Trek boxset (TOS, season 3). I'm not that fussy about having my DVD's look absolutely perfect, so I can live with a smudge or even scratch if it doesn't affect play. Unfortunately, this one is causing pixelation in one or two scenes of an episode, which I do find unacceptable.

Anyway, I received this as a gift at Christmas, and don't have a receipt or even know where it was purchased from. Hence, I can't return to a retailer for exchange (and it's not like that's a perfect plan with all of the damaged sets out there). So I was thinking of calling or emailing Paramount's CS (since really they are at some point responsible for the problem anyway) and seeing if I can exchange the bad disk for a good one. I've never actually tried to exchange a bad disk through the manufacturer/studio before, but I have read threads on here where people have apparently done it. By those accounts, some of the studios actually seem to maintain some accountability to the consumers of their product.

My question(s) to you good people are:

1) Has anyone here actually done this through Paramount before? Are they one of the studios that is good about this?

2) Is it better to deal with them through email or telephone?

Even if they won't replace it (or especially if they won't), I sure would like to register my dissatisfaction with them about the quality of their manufacturing.

(I don't know if this thread is more appropriate to another forum, but feel free to move it if so...)
Old 02-03-05, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most retailers will you swap it for the same product...does not matter where you take it...I would skip the Customer service from paramount and try my luck at a best buy to start...
Old 02-03-05, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Voyager disc that was skipping around on me, I contacted the paramount CS and they had me send in the disc to them. They replaced it quickly. I also had a DS9 disc that would actually crash DVD players (wierd) and they sent me a replacement right away when I contacted them about it.
Old 02-03-05, 11:03 AM
Banned

Well, I've tried twice to get a DS9 disc replaced thru their DS9 CS hotline, and I have still yet to receive a replacement. I guess, I'm going to have to try the Paramount CS line directly. Apparently the request isn't getting transfered from department to department. It's Disc 3 of Season 6 on the episode of "Waltz". It freezes right after the opening "teaser", again at the end of the "title credits", and once again at a chapter break (between Chapt. 5 and 6, I believe). I can get through the freeze by hitting the FF button each time, but it's a pain to have to do that.
Old 02-03-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

actually, i had a cracked Star Trek:TOS Season 3 tray pack (the clear green plastic trays taped together). i called up Paramount CS (number is found in the Stores Forum top sticky), and spoke with a very courteous rep who said she would try to locate a replacement for me. sure enough, a couple of weeks later, a padded envelope arrived at my doorstep containing the replacement trays. awesome service! give them a try.