Reload this Page >

God of War demo disc.... OMG!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-02-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone recived and played the God of War demo disc that was just mailed out? Damn that game is awesome. Reminds me of an amped up version of the 1st Devil May Cry. Chaining combos and moving around is flawless and the animation is ridiculous. They even have specific kill combos for tearing wings off creaturea and ripping enemies in half. Plus the end battle is amazing. I'm stoked about this game.
Old 02-02-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And how can one get this demo disc that was 'mailed out'?
Old 02-02-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flashburn
And how can one get this demo disc that was 'mailed out'?
I guess I signed up for PSU (Playstation underground) way back when and they still occasionally send you free demo discs. I think anybody can sign up for it.
Old 02-02-05, 12:12 PM

Haven't played the demo, but I've been pretty excited about this particular title since it was announced. One thing that intrigued me was the fact that the developers said that were not be any puzzles repeated at all throughout the game. The boss fights they described sounded pretty interesting as well.
Old 02-02-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I got the demo in the mail the other day,but havent played it.I will make a point to try it out now though since you have peaked my interest.
Old 02-02-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflier
I got the demo in the mail the other day,but havent played it.I will make a point to try it out now though since you have peaked my interest.
Same here. I always get these discs and rarely try them out.
Old 02-03-05, 09:29 AM

The demo was awesome!!! I couldn't believe I was playing on a PS2. The detail and animation were top notch. Easy to control your character and the huge hydra heads were great! There's some puzzle aspect to the game too (simple ones at least in this level)

This demo is from the beginning of the actual game. They pit you against a big boss pretty quickly.

The game felt familiar, yet unique to me.
Old 02-03-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by njchris
The demo was awesome!!! I couldn't believe I was playing on a PS2. The detail and animation were top notch. Easy to control your character and the huge hydra heads were great! There's some puzzle aspect to the game too (simple ones at least in this level)

This demo is from the beginning of the actual game. They pit you against a big boss pretty quickly.

The game felt familiar, yet unique to me.
The last teaser battle is really intense. Make sure you check out the extras on the disc. The "director's commentary" is a really nice touch where they talk about the game as they go through the 1st level and show you early cinematics.
Old 02-06-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I got around to trying it out this morning and it is very awesome,i will definately pick this one up now after trying it out,whereas it wasn't even on my radar before.

I couldn't figure out how to progress past the part on the boat where the demon things keep grabbing the people and carrying them off.
Old 02-06-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I had picked one up from work and tried it out this morning. Needless to say, I can now rack up another game I plan on purchasing next month. Amazing!