Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Stargate Atlantis 1/28

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stargate Atlantis 1/28

Old 01-28-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Stargate Atlantis 1/28

someone didn't read the SG1 mission reports before going to Atlantis
hopefully these "energy bugs" are better behaved
Old 01-29-05, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I don't watch SG1 so is there a history with the energy bugs? I felt kinda bad since they hadn't done anything bad to Sheppard to warrent being blown to bits.
Old 01-29-05, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought those had to be the same kind of energy bugs and was also surprised no mention was made of having encountered them on SG-1 (especially when you figure they're so very far away from anywhere SG-1 went, that species must be very well traveled!). And I was also sad at them being blown up (apparently) and Sheppard not even making any mention of it afterwards.
Old 01-29-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, ususally when a new life form is found (if they didn't know about sg-1s encounter) they would try to avoid killling them. What if they turn out to be the children of a powerful species and their parents are pissed off. (Hmm, I think I saw a version of that on an Outer Limits ep). We don't know what they are, maybe it's best not to kill dozens fo them. Before the insects came, he could have as easily said, aim for the target in the middle (since the 3 were in a line at the time) and the ship would've known who to kill.
Old 01-29-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
in SG1 there was a habitable moon that they had a base on for some sort of scientific mission. These energy bugs that looked the same as last night were there and at first were calm and generally friendly. The scientists captured one and after a while it got pissed and the others got pissed too, and killed a guy by going in and out of his body. This AF Academy cadet that showed a lot of scientific promise (like a Sam Jr.) was along for the ride and thought the attitude of the bugs was due in part to the orbital location of the moon and the magnetic field of the planet. all the humans fled and no mention was ever made again

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episod...19episode.html
Old 01-29-05, 03:57 PM

Shepard: "Everyone, remember where we parked!"

Great stuff!!
Old 01-29-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dmacsg1
Shepard: "Everyone, remember where we parked!"

Great stuff!!
Makes you wonder how recently they'd watched "Star Trek: The Voyage Home"...
Old 01-29-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Especially since McCay asked Sheppard, "Are you Captain Kirk?"
Old 01-30-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
in SG1 there was a habitable moon that they had a base on for some sort of scientific mission. These energy bugs that looked the same as last night were there and at first were calm and generally friendly. The scientists captured one and after a while it got pissed and the others got pissed too, and killed a guy by going in and out of his body. This AF Academy cadet that showed a lot of scientific promise (like a Sam Jr.) was along for the ride and thought the attitude of the bugs was due in part to the orbital location of the moon and the magnetic field of the planet. all the humans fled and no mention was ever made again

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-30-05, 11:50 PM

I don't watch SG1 so is there a history with the energy bugs? I felt kinda bad since they hadn't done anything bad to Sheppard to warrent being blown to bits.
You don't watch SG1? But you watch SG: Atlantis? I wonder how many other people are doing that.

True they didn't do anything to warrent being blown to bits (except maybe begging for chocolate bars) but I think he used them to distract the wrath long enough so he wouldn't be able to avoid the incoming blast from Ford's Jumper.
Old 01-31-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by klandersen
You don't watch SG1? But you watch SG: Atlantis? I wonder how many other people are doing that.
I think people may of tried of the storylines in SG1, but haven't tired of the universe. Although I'm getting a bit tired of SG1, I still watch it.
Old 01-31-05, 07:41 AM

Atlantis debuted at about the same time I started SG1 in re-runs from the beginning, because I never caught more than a couple of SG1 before that (had seen the movie, so knew the general concept). I didn't want to wait to watch Atlantis because I thought it looked like it would be good, so I've enjoyed it on its own, but now that I'm almost at the end of S5 of SG1, I can catch more of the "crossover" references better than I could in the first few eps of Atlantis.

So I'm watching Atlantis and not watching *current* eps of SG1, but I'll get caught up eventually!
Old 01-31-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never watched Stargate SG1 at all, then at one point I picked up the first season on DVD. I watched the first 4 episodes, which I liked, but for some reason never got any further. The problem now is, I don't really want to watch current SG1 stuff on tv, because I'd rather just watch them all in order from the beginning, but I just never get around to it. So Atlantis comes by, and I can get on that series at the beginning. I find myself really enjoying it.
On the subject of the energy bugs, since I never really watched SG1, I didn't really think much of the bugs, I assumed they were just like flies or mosquitos or something.
Old 01-31-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt

Sounds like a Star Trek episode. I missed this Ep on Friday. I figured they would replay it Sunday as the previous week, but they did not. Doesn't sound like I missed much.