Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Video clip of Nick Barker (ex-Dimmu Borgir) drumming

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out how fast this dude is! You'd think that by playing that fast he's work off that weight, but he's got it so that he barely has to move and conserves maximium energy.

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/hizach...rker_drums.mpg

or go to

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/hizachi/ned.html

and right click, save as

only 7 MB

Enjoy!
Old 01-26-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw one of Dimmu's live DVD's that does much more justice to that man's skills. He's like a machine it's so insane. He's really helped push the envelope in thehyper-speed drumming/death/black metal genre.
Old 01-26-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by woofman
I saw one of Dimmu's live DVD's that does much more justice to that man's skills. He's like a machine it's so insane. He's really helped push the envelope in thehyper-speed drumming/death/black metal genre.

yeah, this clip is from their only live dvd. he's my personal favorite. gotta love those monster fills \m/
Old 01-26-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Shit, Nick isn't with Dimmu anymore? I thought he added a hell of a lot to their last two albums (I enjoyed his work when he was in Cradle of Filth too). I was watching him play on a COF DVD with a live show from when he was in a band, and he was indeed something else to watch. What's he doing now, then?
Old 01-27-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cultshock
Shit, Nick isn't with Dimmu anymore? I thought he added a hell of a lot to their last two albums (I enjoyed his work when he was in Cradle of Filth too). I was watching him play on a COF DVD with a live show from when he was in a band, and he was indeed something else to watch. What's he doing now, then?

He's now with Brujeria. He also is still with Lock Up, but I don't believe they're doing much these days. He's been seen in LA at the Rainbow a lot lately. They just finished the new Brujeria album. Most people don't know that he was on the Brujerizmo album. Hopefully Old Man's Child will release another album with him as well. In Defiance of Existence is one of my favorite albums and his drumming is jaw dropping (especially considering that most of the songs were done in one take and using only a click track).

That live in Astoria show is great stuff. I found on ebay last year a 7" of a band he was in before COF called Monolith. Funny thing is I still haven't listened to it, yet.

Dimmu kicked him out because they wanted someone who would be able to be more of a full time, Norway-living drummer. He's been out of the band for about 6 months. Tony Loreano (sp) from Nile has filled in on US tour but the regular replacement is the drummer from Panzerchrist. Dimmu has said they will be only using session drummers for the time being.
Old 01-27-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Thanks for the updates. I'm a metal fan, but I gotta admit that I don't really keep up with everything, and end up being a bit out the loop sometimes. I was going to mention that I hoped that he would still be involved with Old Man's Child. We'll see, I guess. I've never heard Brujeria, how do their music compare with Nick's previous bands?
Old 01-28-05, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Brujeria is great stuff. It's one of Mike Patton's side projects. I think Shane Embry from Napalm Death is in it, as well as Dino somethingorother from Fear Factory. They wear masks and have fake names. It started out as a bunch of hardcore gang members in Mexico that were allegedly responsible for the disappearance of some UC-SD students. Mike Patton went to see them and they more or less told him that he couldn't leave Mexico w/o producing their album. Members have rotated in and out. It's all in Spanish, too.

from allmusic.com

Essentially an all-star death metal side project that refuses to tour or divulge their identities (they go by aliases and wear disguises for publicity photos), Brujeria is led by Fear Factory members Dino Cazares (guitar) and Raymond Herrera (drums) and includes various members from Faith No More, Down by Law, and Napalm Death, among others. Despite their unconventional career thus far, Brujeria has built a large fan base within the metal underground, issuing such albums as 1993's Matando Gueros, 1995's Raza Odiada, 2000's mini album Marijuana and Brujerizmo, and in 2001, the compilation Mextremist: Greatest Hits.

Also, I just read yesterday that a new Old Man's Child album is in the works. I'm not 100% sure that Nick will do the drums, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Also, he was at the NAMM show (National Association of Music Merchants) this past week visiting all the tables and stuff.
Old 01-29-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
Brujeria is great stuff. It's one of Mike Patton's side projects. I think Shane Embry from Napalm Death is in it, as well as Dino somethingorother from Fear Factory. They wear masks and have fake names. It started out as a bunch of hardcore gang members in Mexico that were allegedly responsible for the disappearance of some UC-SD students. Mike Patton went to see them and they more or less told him that he couldn't leave Mexico w/o producing their album. Members have rotated in and out. It's all in Spanish, too.
I thought the story was that the band was a group of mexican drug dealers who practiced human sacrifice to keep the police away.
Old 01-31-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trout
I thought the story was that the band was a group of mexican drug dealers who practiced human sacrifice to keep the police away.

yeah, I've heard that too. there's a bunch of different stories. Either way, the music is pretty badass (as is the legend)
Old 10-05-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

link is now:

http://media.putfile.com/Dimmu-Borgi...rker-Drum-Solo

not that it matters, but I figured it's worth a bump as well