DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection coming from WB on 4/19

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-05, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection coming from WB on 4/19

Moviesunlimited.com listing:

Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection. Six-disc set includes Captain Blood; Dodge City; The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex; The Sea Hawk; They Died with Their Boots On and the exclusive documentary The Adventures of Errol Flynn. MSRP is $69.99

Credit for this find belongs to FrankXS over at HTF:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=223740
Old 01-22-05, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice selection - I had rather expected that the Captain Blood might get the 2-disc treatment, but I guess not.
Old 01-22-05, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great News!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!

Buying This!!!!
Old 01-22-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Given that Errol Flynn shares the #1 spot on my list of all-time favorite actors, and that "They Died With Their Boots On" is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all-time, and also that Errol Flynn was the subject of my first ever post in this forum, I'll simply say that this news is most welcome.

I'd also like to echo the sentiment expressed by MarcoBiscotti in the HTF discussion and thank Warner Bros. for not duplicating any previously-released titles (Adventures of Robin Hood, Objective Burma, Kim, Master of Ballantrae) in this set.

Hope the set sells well because we've still got "Charge of the Light Brigade", "The Dawn Patrol", "Gentleman Jim", "Virginia City", "San Antonio", "Desperate Journey", "Edge of Darkness", "Northern Pursuit", "Uncertain Glory", and others waiting to go for another box release.

Thanks RevKarl for passing along the news (thanks too to HTF's FrankXS).

Hmmm.....the Sox winning the Series, lots of Flynn on DVD,........I'm running out of things to whine about................just give me the menage a quadrilogy with Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, and Monica Bellucci then I can die a very happy man.
Old 01-22-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent! The last few signature sets (Tracy + Hepburn, Wayne, Taylor) have had nothing new in them. Glad to see this.
Old 01-22-05, 09:15 AM

Very nice! I'd LOVE to see a few isolated audio tracks devoted to the Korngold scores!
Old 01-22-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yeah, I'm all over this.

thanks for the heads-up!!
Old 01-22-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

lol, of course this happens right after i finally buy adventures of robin hood....
Old 01-22-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like another Warner's box set in my collection. Now I just have to figure where I'm going to purchase it since Amazon did away with the STL program.
Old 01-22-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone know if these will be available as single titles, or are they just available as a boxed set?
Old 01-22-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Finally getting a great Errol Flynn box set. Thanks Warner!
Old 01-22-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gamblor187
Anyone know if these will be available as single titles, or are they just available as a boxed set?
I would assume they are all going to be available individually with maybe the exception of the Adventures of Errol Flynn documentary DVD.
Old 01-22-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What about Footsteps In The Dark??? Hopefully, there will be another collection following suit in the near future.
Old 01-22-05, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Looks like another Warner's box set in my collection. Now I just have to figure where I'm going to purchase it since Amazon did away with the STL program.
I was thinking the same thing. Either way, great news about the boxset. I remember hearing a rumor last year that this would happen and glad to see it turned out to be true. Will definitely pick this up.
Old 01-22-05, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Between this set, the Warner Legends Collection, the Film Noir Collection, and the upcoming Gangster Collection and Classic Comedies Collection - Warner is just so far above every other studio in DVD releases now it's not even close.

They just keep making my day over and over again with these great collections.
Old 01-22-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm hoping that Digital Eyes will list this one at 30% off (pre-order point for Amazon) so I can use one of their coupons, as well as earn more frequent-buyer points. If they don't, I'll order it from DDD or DVD Planet. I wish Costco had some consistency in stocking WB box sets, so I could just wait and pick it up there on the release day.
Old 01-22-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by garmonbozia
lol, of course this happens right after i finally buy adventures of robin hood....
Adventures of Robin Hood isn't part of the box set.
Old 01-22-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was going to say the same thing, but I wasn't sure if garmonbozia was complaining (having confused The Adventures of Errol Flynn with The Adventures of Robin Hood) or taking credit for initiating this release with his purchase.
Old 01-22-05, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RevKarl
I was going to say the same thing, but I wasn't sure if garmonbozia was complaining (having confused The Adventures of Errol Flynn with The Adventures of Robin Hood) or taking credit for initiating this release with his purchase.
oops, me bad....i must have read that too fast
Old 01-22-05, 09:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! I expected this to be a 2nd half 05 release! Excellent job Warner!
Now that we have the Gangsters set, the Flynn set, the musicals set, the classic comedies set coming during the next four months, I wonder what wonders Warner is workin on for the rest of the year?

Exciting indeed...
Old 01-22-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yay! Warner rules!
Old 01-23-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RevKarl
I'm hoping that Digital Eyes will list this one at 30% off (pre-order point for Amazon) so I can use one of their coupons, as well as earn more frequent-buyer points. If they don't, I'll order it from DDD or DVD Planet. I wish Costco had some consistency in stocking WB box sets, so I could just wait and pick it up there on the release day.
I may consider pre-ordering from Digitaleyes if they have it for a good price. I just placed an order from them last week for some DVD titles they were the cheapest on, and using a coupon and some frequent buyers credit I had available made them an easier store choice.
Old 01-24-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Warner is going to get my vote for studio of the year already. King Kong Next Please.

I was hoping some other sites would confirm this today and offer some specs...commentaries, trailers, radio shows, cartoons, and newsreels are all must. do it right.

still pumped
Old 01-24-05, 11:08 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I have waited, lo these many years for The Sea Hawk. I've almost bought the VHS so many times, but I told myself, no. Wait. Your patience will be rewarded. Man am I hyped. I saw it first as a wee lad of no more than 9 on late night TV, back before cable. It was a tad snowy and the vertical hold was giving me a little trouble, but I was glued to the set the entire time. Pirates, swordfighting galore, damsels in distress, it had everything a boy could want. So in short, I think this may be my first pre-order. I can't wait to hear some specifics on content.
Old 01-25-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto about STL, though... 30% off, free shipping, STL, and A9 discount were golden for sets like this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.