DVD Talk
Guy in volkswagen commercial... what other commercial has he done [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Guy in volkswagen commercial... what other commercial has he done

Cartload
01-21-05, 10:35 PM
I just caught a Volkswagen commercial and I know I've seen the actor playing the driver in another commercial where he does something and laughs kind of maniacally. However, I can't remember what the product that other commercial was advertising and it's starting to drive me crazy! I think it was a car commercial and could have also been for a Volkswagen. Can anyone help me out on this?

Anyway, to see the actor I'm talking about, go to http://www.vw.com/commercials/?# and click on the "autobahn" commercial. He's the bald guy driving the car.

mtucker
01-21-05, 10:41 PM
"Hey brother"

The Infidel
01-22-05, 01:12 AM
If I'm thinking of the same guy you are, he's in that credit card commercial with David Spade, where at the end Spade says "what's in your wallet?" and the guy starts naming what's in his wallet.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't see the "autobahn" stipulation. I was thinking of the guy in "cornering".

EDIT 2: Are you sure you're talking about the guy in "autobahn"? The guy that laughs maniacally is in "cornering".

Cartload
01-22-05, 01:59 AM
No, it's definitely the guy in autobahn that's been in some other commercial where he starts laughing.

BizRodian
01-22-05, 02:22 AM
You guys should watch Canadian commercials. We have much less actors who stick around in Canada to just do commercials, so there are a few very often reused ones. Also, you can watch the exact same commerical in French, and instead of dubbing, they'll use different actors. It's great. I don't know why companys like Tostios and Pepsi make seperate commercials for Canada though.

Cartload
01-22-05, 09:56 AM
You guys should watch Canadian commercials. We have much less actors who stick around in Canada to just do commercials, so there are a few very often reused ones. Also, you can watch the exact same commerical in French, and instead of dubbing, they'll use different actors. It's great. I don't know why companys like Tostios and Pepsi make seperate commercials for Canada though.

Hmm, I'll try and look out for that the next time I visit my relatives in Toronto.

Anyway, I'm thinking this guy was in a Circuit City, Best Buy, or DirecTV spot. I'm really not sure. I think maybe a saleperson tells the guy to turn up the sound and he goes way overboard and that causes him to start laughing.

RoQuEr
01-22-05, 10:32 AM

do they still do those 967-11-11 pizza commercials?

The Dude
01-22-05, 11:07 AM
I think that he's the guy in a circuit city commercial. He and his wife are going into the store, and he says something about "ice water" only to giggle like a little girl when he sees the big screen tv's.

Cartload
01-22-05, 01:28 PM
I think that he's the guy in a circuit city commercial. He and his wife are going into the store, and he says something about "ice water" only to giggle like a little girl when he sees the big screen tv's.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks!