Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

BBV New Release Day?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBV New Release Day?

I've just bought the BBV Games Pass and am trying to get some of the more popular games, but this is proving somewhat difficult. As you can check out games for extended periods of time and not have to return them, it makes finding the popular games to be a pain in the ass. I figured I'd try going when the new games come out and see if people have returned their old games to try out the new games.

So, anyone know when the new releases are put on the shelves or know of another method that I haven't thought to get the games? I asked at the store and they said they can only hold a game for one day, so I can't really reserve the title either.
Old 01-20-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's usually Tuesday....although some put the rentals out Monday
Old 01-20-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cool. Thanks.
Old 01-20-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Tuesday? Is this the Tuesday the week after release, or do they put them out for rent before they're available to the public (because I thought games usually came in to Best Buy and the like on Wednesday or Thursday).

Anyway, I had the Game Pass for a month back when I had time to play a lot more, and had the same issues you did: unless the game was a mega hit where they ordered five billion rental copies, it was hard to get games, especially RPGs which they 1) don't order a ton of and 2) take a long time to complete so people rent them for longer.

Also, with the proliferation of GamePasses and the fact that people could rent a game for literally a month at a time, you'd have to be really lucky to get some games. Might help to ask the employees if they could hold it for you, or phone you when it comes in, since some stores do that for you. This may be a problem for movies at Blockbuster too, now that there are "no late fees" and you can rent a movie a couple of days longer for really no penalty...
Old 01-20-05, 01:16 PM
RVP

I don't know when they put them out, it may depend on the store? I just came back from Blockbuster and they didn't have Punisher out yet.
Old 01-21-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, when Mercenaries was out, they had it on the shelf that MONDAY. I believe they get shipments on Monday or Tuesday. Most games release dates are on that Tuesday....Best Buy just seems to get their stock later most of the time, thus, the Wed/Thurs release there. Go to EB or GameStop....they usually have games Tuesday