Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : who sells harddrive power splitters (b&m)

twikoff
01-20-05, 10:09 AM
the thermal paste thread made me think to ask in here.. anyone know of a mainstream B&M that sells harddrive power splitters?
http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/products/i/3926.jpg
i bought some online a few months back.. and i know i bought extras.. but cant find the damn things

i know i could buy more online.. but Im adding another drive to my replay.. and want to do it NOW.. I dont want to wait for shipping..
there has gotta be someone that sells them... dont think i have ever seen them at radio shack.

HN
01-20-05, 10:15 AM
Fry's for sure if you have one around. Otherwise, any small computer shop in the neighborhood should have'em.

twikoff
01-20-05, 10:19 AM
closest frys is in atlanta.. probably an hour to an hour and a half away.. although its pretty new, and Ive been meaning to drive up and check it out... havent ever been in a frys before..

yea.. ive been checking the phonebook for the local computer shops before.. never have had a need for them before.. and down here in BFE, there arent many options..

maybe i need to use this as an excuse to buy something else.. because if I end up ordering online.. it seems silly to place an order for a few connectors that are less than a dollar each.....

X
01-20-05, 10:27 AM
I think I've seen them at Best Buy and CompUSA. At least one of them.

twikoff
01-20-05, 10:33 AM
hmmmm.. no local compusa.. but there is a new best buy down the road.. ill give them a call

i didnt figure i had much chance of finding at office max, office depot, staples, etc.... the other big stores around here.. probably isnt alot of need for them
hell.. even ide cables are a pain in the ass to find in b&m stores.

Otto
01-20-05, 03:13 PM
Any primarily computer-oriented store will have them. Radio shack will definitely have them as well. Best Buy might have some on the racks if you look around, but they will be overpriced.

AndyCapps
01-20-05, 05:06 PM
Last place I bought them was Radio Shack. I'm thinking Circuit City might have them as well.

twikoff
01-20-05, 05:51 PM
our radio shack must just suck.. once again, they let me down

there is only 1 real computer show around here.. and i hate to support them, because they rip everyone off so bad...
but i wanted the connector.. dude actually tried to tell me i needed all types of other shit to go with the cable too.. :lol:
I just kindof tuned him out.. gave him the 4 bucks.. and left

they werent even packaged.. he just had several laying out loose.. he told me they were different and to pick the one that i needed....
of course, they all had exactly the same connectors 1 male to 2 females :drool:
but there were varios lengths.. he gave me the price and told me to pick one out.. so of course i took the longest (I guess Im a size queen)..

worked just fine... added a 2nd drive to my replaytv... remarkable how easy that was to prep and setup