life as we know it - 01/20/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
life as we know it - 01/20/05

"You Must Be Trippin'"

Spoiler:
Sue and Ben come up with a scheme to be together on the class ski trip; Deborah aggressively pursues an exciting internship that her mother has forbidden.

Cast: Sean Faris, Jon Foster, Chris Lowell, Missy Peregrym, Kelly Osbourne, D.B. Sweeney, Lisa Darr, Marguerite Moreau, Jessica Lucas, Evan Smith, James McDaniel, Busy Phillips, Amanda Crew, Sean Whalen, Brody Smith, Wesley Salter.
Director(s): Paul Holahan.
Producer(s): Gabe Sachs, Jeff Judah, Stu Bloomberg.
Writer(s): Luvh Rakhe.

Original Airdate: January 20, 2005.
Old 01-20-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Note to DC viewers. Ch. 7 is bumping this to show some stupid Billy Graham thing. This episode will be aired early Sunday morning (2:30 am if I recall).
Old 01-20-05, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... I went to high school with the writer listed above (Luvh Rakhe).
Old 01-20-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jonathan to a big step up the food chain.

The sequence w/ Ben, Dino, Jackie and Sue around the corner was cheesy, yet kind of funny.

Note to Kelly Osbourne - no more mesh shirts over a half shirt. Thank you, that is all.
Old 01-21-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B.A.
Note to Kelly Osbourne - no more mesh shirts over a half shirt. Thank you, that is all.

I think this show would be so much better without her. She is not that great of an actress and I am constantly reminded I am watching "Kelly Osbourne". I think Debs could be a really interesting character but Kelly doesn't do much but whine. And her British accent is distracting, especially since now we see her mom is very American.

But anyway, this episode was the best one yet. I liked how all the characters were sneaking around in one way or the other, and all their schemes ended up back-firing for the most part. I liked how I expected Jackie to catch Dino with the slutty girl and I was so glad they didn't go there.

Plus it is always wonderful to see Busy Philipps again. This show has some great guest stars.
Old 01-21-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I think this show would be so much better without her. She is not that great of an actress and I am constantly reminded I am watching "Kelly Osbourne". I think Debs could be a really interesting character but Kelly doesn't do much but whine. And her British accent is distracting, especially since now we see her mom is very American.

But anyway, this episode was the best one yet. I liked how all the characters were sneaking around in one way or the other, and all their schemes ended up back-firing for the most part. I liked how I expected Jackie to catch Dino with the slutty girl and I was so glad they didn't go there.

Plus it is always wonderful to see Busy Philipps again. This show has some great guest stars.
You're right about Kelly Osbourne. At first I didn't mind her one bit, but now I realize that when she is on the screen, all you think of is that it's her, not her character. It didn't bother me too much initially, but it just keeps getting worse w/ each additional ep.

I'm glad they didn't go there w/ Dino either. Plus, the grin on Jonathan's face as Dino/Ben opened the door was pretty damn funny.
Old 01-22-05, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, i'm in the same boat. at first i didn't mind her, and actually, she was the best actress on the show, which is kind of sad...

but now, the other actors have really blossomed, and now she is kind of a hindrance.

this show continues to grow on me with every episode. i loved the scene with the 4 relaying messages around the corner. cheesy, like someone said above, but pretty funny and a cute scene.

and jonathan searching around for cell phone reception was pretty funny, too. the look on his face...
Old 01-22-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
this show continues to grow on me with every episode.
My wife finished watching the ep this morning and she was laughing her ass off a good portion of the time. When it was over she said that it was now her favorite show on tv.
Old 01-23-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, we'll see how it does up against the OC. seems to fighting for the same demographic... i've never watched the OC, but I would think this show has more comedy.