Oprah today: her boy-wonder Nate survived the tsunami

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else see Oprah today? It reruns at 9pm on a local affiliate of the channel that shows it during the day, and Nate Burkus (the designer that she's had on her show dozens of times) was on, telling of surviving the disaster: recap on the Oprah website

Yeah, I know, it's Oprah, but it's pretty bizarre that one of her regulars was caught in the tsunami.
Old 01-18-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was watching Entertainment Tonight last night and they had a small segment about this. I guess his partner didn't make it out alive. Just curious is Nate gay? They kept on mentioning his "partner."
Old 01-18-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by QuikSilver
I was watching Entertainment Tonight last night and they had a small segment about this. I guess his partner didn't make it out alive. Just curious is Nate gay? They kept on mentioning his "partner."
I assume that...

I watched it last night..they basically had nate..then the several others who helped him and vice versa..very emotional..
Old 01-18-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shoppingbear
Yeah, I know, it's Oprah, but it's pretty bizarre that one of her regulars was caught in the tsunami.
An intern getting stuck between Oprah and the food services cart could be just as dangerous......
Old 01-18-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
I saw this show and it was intersting. I felt bad for him but lotsa positive things also happened so the show wasn't a total downer.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-19-05 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-18-05, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I saw this show and it was intersting. I felt bad for him but lotsa positive things also happened so the shwo wasn't a total downer.
The most positive aspect is that now Nate has been outed, Oprah can no longer play him up to her shrieking female minions like he is some sort of "eligible" bachelor. Well at least not eligible to her audience full of harpies.
Old 01-19-05, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Jadzia
The most positive aspect is that now Nate has been outed, Oprah can no longer play him up to her shrieking female minions like he is some sort of "eligible" bachelor. Well at least not eligible to her audience full of harpies.
Umm, yeah, because every woman shrieking over him actually believed that guy, a guy that good looking, working as a interior designer no less, is actually straight.... (but, I know what you mean, there probably were women that deluded! )

Come to think of it, any guest she has on her show is just as out of reach: they shriek over Tom Cruise but he's never going to date one of those hysterical fans!

Come to think of it again... Nate's still , even if he is gay...
Old 01-19-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shoppingbear
Umm, yeah, because every woman shrieking over him actually believed that guy, a guy that good looking, working as a interior designer no less, is actually straight.... (but, I know what you mean, there probably were women that deluded! )
I remember on one of her shows (or maybe it was on After the Show) Nate was taking questions from the audience and some of the women were asking Nate "Are you married?" "Do you have a girlfriend?" I think there was one older lady that wanted to hook Nate up with her daughter.