Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wondered why North Shore ender didnt feel like one?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently that was just episode 20 and they had #22. They in incorperated elements of 22 abit to it.

Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 7:48 AM
FOX to Wrap 'North Shore' Early
By Brian Ford Sullivan

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX is sending its freshman drama "North Shore" packing early as the network has rolled back its commitment to the series by one episode.

Production on the series will halt after its 21st installment at the end of next week as FOX has scrapped plans to shoot its previously ordered 22nd episode, which had been scheduled to start shooting on January 3 following a holiday break.

Because of the change, the show's producers plan to incorporate elements from the 22nd episode, which was originally supposed to end with a cliffhanger, into the newly branded finale. Said episode will now feature a less ambiguous ending.

Viewers however may never end up seeing "North Shore's" final two episodes. Already scheduled are episodes 17 ("Sucker Punch") and 18 ("Catwalk") for December 9 and 16 respectively with episode 19 tentatively slated for January 13. The reason: work on the last two installments won't be completed in time to beat "Point Pleasant," which assumes "Shore's" Thursday, 9:00/8:00c slot on January 20, to the air.

Just 4.16 million viewers on average have tuned into the series since the 2004-05 season officially began (Monday, September 20) with only "World's Craziest Videos" (3.94 million), "Totally Outrageous Behavior" (3.66 million) and "The Complex: Malibu" (2.50 million) faring worse on the network overall. Even more troubling has been the show's retention from current lead-in "The O.C.," which is just 54.25% in the four weeks the series have aired together.

While each of these developments leads one to believe "North Shore" is dead, FOX, Brancato/Salke Productions or 20th Century Fox Television has yet to confirm any cancellation.

"The producers received an 11th hour call during the final week of production and we informed that certain changes to the schedule were being considered. There was talk about fold and hold and now it's get ready and set Lost considered using the facilities, but they are also considering staging their location elsewhere at this time. FOX is the most enthusiastic they have been in the last several weeks primarily because of the ratings increase, the fans, and the focus on better writing for the characters. Production would commence in March and the Summer Schedule is the focus at this time."
Old 01-17-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madara
The reason: work on the last two installments won't be completed in time to beat
ya know sometimes I wonder if the network heads at FOX even know they are running a TV network and not just say a box store in the midwest.. They make all sort of strange moves that sound more like they are stocking a product then marketing tv shows to try to find fans. They move shows around too much as if it was a box on a shelf. Never mind all the strange issues like Tru Calling be sort of kind of canceled but they say it's not canceled but "put on hold", then canned. Now we have Northshore running out of time being it's bumping into another show they want to drop into the same time slot. It's just strange and not the sort of "oppps" one expects a $$$$$ network to do..

I also can't help but think that it's pissing off fans of reality tv (I am not one of them) to show reality shows that are to only run a few eps (6 or so), then can them too after 2 eps etc. Why even watch if you fear they will yank the show at any time? That's even worse then normal drama TV being at least those eps are self contained for the most part..

oh well... not sure it really matters in the case of Northshore if that few people were watching.. I'm not really shocked about that being it was/is really really bad.. I watched it of course but I sort of like bad cheesy tv and B grade films in the first place.