Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Beastmaster'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read John Sinnott's DVD review of Beastmaster at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=14072 and...

I'd like to know if the easter eggs from the previous release are present on this new one
Old 01-16-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No Eggs = No Sale

Is the "home video" gone from the original release? I notice that this has the "The Saga of the Beastmaster", but it doesn't sound like it's the same thing that was found on the original release, which was a 45-minute 8mm film in which Don Coscarelli and Paul Pepperman provide a running commentary about what's going on. That, along with the commentary they do for the film, was very informative and fun. Too bad they didn't make this a 2-Discer and put everything they had in there, instead of making us buy both or choose between one or the other.
Old 01-17-05, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
The Easter Egg, running 2m:25s, of the additional Tanya Roberts nudity is on the new release. It's easy to find (just look for the symbol that's etched in Dar's hand - on the bio menu, I believe). Some of it is included in the Saga of the Beastmaster doc, which was produced for this special edition.

Here's my full review, if you're bored...

Last edited by Pointyskull; 01-17-05 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-17-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
The Easter Egg, running 2m:25s, of the additional Tanya Roberts nudity is on the new release. It's easy to find (just look for the symbol that's etched in Dar's hand - on the bio menu, I believe). Some of it is included in the Saga of the Beastmaster doc, which was produced for this special edition.

Nice review. I'll probably pick this up.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the theater when I was a kid, so I haven't seen it in widescreen since then.
Old 01-17-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey

interesting review

could you help to confirm if the 27 minutes of very interesting and very low-tech behind-the-scenes footage as mentioned in this review here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=2901 is present in the new version?
Old 01-17-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by InnocentBlood
interesting review

could you help to confirm if the 27 minutes of very interesting and very low-tech behind-the-scenes footage as mentioned in this review here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=2901 is present in the new version?
The "low tech" footage appears to be incorporated into the new Saga of the Beastmaster doc.
Old 01-17-05, 08:54 PM
Defunct Account

Opps, a little late making it to this thread. Thanks 12thmonkey for answering the questions! I didn't think to look for Easter Eggs, but I'll add the fact that there is one to my review once I check it out.

Thanks for raising the question IB

-John
Old 01-18-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Easter Egg is there, so now I need to figure out what to do with my previous version.
Old 01-19-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent news about the Easter Egg still being present and the transfer being top notch. Time to put the old one up on ebay.
Old 01-21-05, 01:39 PM

Shame its not all new and dancing 2 dvd version with shedloads of new extras, but hey I bought it forthe new Doc alone worth it surley?