Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there a DVD of all the old Rush videos?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for the original videos (Territories, Tom Sawyer) on dvd. I don't like their new stuff, but as a drummer, love watching Neil Peart play. The fills (which they nicely highlight in the videos) are always pretty badass. Anyway, let me know if there's a definitive collection of the music videos and if you recommend any other of their media. I'm not too interested in their Rush in Rio performance, by the way.
Old 01-12-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
I think Chronicles is the only one released of any number of the Rush videos.

I'm a drummer too, and the only other thing I could find to get my Peart fix was the Work In Progress video.

Do you have those?

Last edited by The_Infidel; 01-12-05 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-12-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
I think Chronicles is the only one released of any number of the Rush videos. Do you have that one?
No, I only have Neil Pearts' drumming dvd (Work in Progress). I've never been that huge into Rush, but I was watching VH1 classic last night and they played that territories video (which is so 80s it's not even funny) and was all about it.
Old 01-12-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't have the DVD, but here's the list of videos on the Chronicles VHS. I'm pretty sure it's the same collection on the DVD.

Closer To The Heart, The Trees, Limelight, Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, Subdivisions, Distant Early Warning, Red Sector A, The Big Money, Mystic Rhythms, Time Stand Still, Lock And Key

EDIT: Just looked it up, and the DVD has two additional videos, Afterimage and The Enemy Within.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 01-12-05 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-12-05, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way, A Show Of Hands was a pretty good video, as it showcased Neil's "revamped" drum solo for the first time.
Old 01-12-05, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that's what it was, subdivisions, nto territories. no wonder I didn't recognize the song. anyway, I'll have to pick it up. thanks. that video is killer
Old 01-12-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Honestly, even if you don't like their new stuff tht much, the Rush in Rio DVD is well worthwhile if only to watch Oh Batterista (Neil's Solo).

As a Rush fan and drummer, myself, I love this show, but you might consider picking it up just for the solo, too.
Old 01-12-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edclem
Honestly, even if you don't like their new stuff tht much, the Rush in Rio DVD is well worthwhile if only to watch Oh Batterista (Neil's Solo).

As a Rush fan and drummer, myself, I love this show, but you might consider picking it up just for the solo, too.

yeah, I guess I'll have to pick that up too. I didn't particularly like the work in progress dvd for that reason - not enough monster fills, but have heard some good stuff about the Rio performance. can't get enough of those monster fills.
Old 01-12-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
yeah, I guess I'll have to pick that up too. I didn't particularly like the work in progress dvd for that reason - not enough monster fills, but have heard some good stuff about the Rio performance. can't get enough of those monster fills.
Rush in Rio absolutely kicks ass. Buy it today.
Old 01-12-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edclem

Yeah Oh Batterista was nominated for a Grammy as well, not that it means much but it feels good to see Neil get some recognition.