Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Return to the Batcave - 5/17/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return to the Batcave - 5/17/05

Hopefully this means the actual episodes of the 1966 series will come out around the theatrical or DVD release of Batman Begins.

IMDB listing:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321359/...PTE_;fc=1;ft=1

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2714
Batman - Release Date for Return to the Batcave
Posted by David Lambert
1/11/2005

Okay, we get e-mail all the time from readers who don't understand why we only post info about episodic television on DVD, such as weekly series and mini-series, and why we overlook telefilms. Our basic in-a-nutshell answer is that there are too darn many of them, and we barely have time to keep up with what's already on our plate. But to every rule there is an exception, and this is one of them!

Since episodes of the 1966 Batman series aren't available on DVD yet, and there's no sign yet that Warner Brothers (who owns the characters through sister company DC Comics) and 20th Century Fox (who owns the footage from the classic TV series) have reached an agreement yet on when that will become available, we fans of the Adam West/Burt Ward series must console ourselves with what little DVDs are available. I was in heaven when I found Image's Holy Batmania under the tree this past Christmas (and what an enjoyable pair of discs it is, too!). So I'm anxiously awaiting Anchor Bay's Return To The Batcave, which we've known was in-the-works since last September!

Now we owe our thanks to correspondent Pavan Badal, who's been in touch with Anchor Bay recently and got a slew of release dates from them for us! Pavan's responsible for a half-dozen TVShowsOnDVD news stories today, and we owe him our thanks for all of his regular help. But this is his best news of the bunch, at least to me: he passes along Anchor Bay's word that Return to the Batcave will hit DVD on May 17th!!
Old 01-11-05, 03:49 PM

This was the recently aired TV special right?? That was horrible! And I'm a huge fan of the original TV show.
Old 01-11-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
I hope it has commentary and mentions all of the people that also appeared in the original show and who they were.
I seem to remember there were a lot of minor characters from the original series playing minor roles in Return to the Batcave.
Old 01-11-05, 05:51 PM

This was a clever reunion movie. Not at all typical of reunion movies. I enjoyed seeing this and the fun that West and Ward obviously had with it.
Old 01-11-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 great batman announcements this week....just give us the show and a new movie box set and all is well in the universe
Old 01-11-05, 11:45 PM

All I want are the Batman and Wild Wild West TV shows. Those have been at the top of my list forever it seems.
Old 01-11-05, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll believe it when I see see Season 3 of the animated series. When Scarecrow took away Batman's fear! Whatta fuckin' cool story.

(Best character design ever as well!)

(I expect to see S/3 release but can't count on it.)