Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Disney Cartoon Favorites- all 4 for $25.00 at Best Buy B&M

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-05, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney Cartoon Favorites- all 4 for $25.00 at Best Buy B&M

You can pick up all 4 Disney Cartoon Favorites (Mickey, Donald, Goofy & Chip 'N Dale) at Best Buy for $25.00. Just get the Disney Gift Card before you buy the DVDs and there's a coupon for $!5.00 off any 4 Disney DVDs. I don't really know anything about these. Is there some different things that aren't included on the Disney Treasures? Is anyone picking these up tomorrow?
Old 01-10-05, 07:32 PM

I was wondering about them also.

Are these like the spotlight collections for the Loony Toons sets? Or are these new sets with different stuff?
Old 01-10-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think I saw somewhere where everything except a pair of the Chip and Dale episodes can be found in Disney Treasures (or, also in the case of Chip and Dale, will be included in an upcoming Treasures release).
Old 01-10-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by shawagg
I was wondering about them also.

Are these like the spotlight collections for the Loony Toons sets? Or are these new sets with different stuff?
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...=404136&page=2
was wondering the same thing. read this thread earlier.
Old 01-11-05, 11:57 AM

Thanks, CaseyB! Good find - you saved me some $$$ this afternoon.
Old 01-11-05, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok - I'm confused; what is this Disney Gift Card you have to have? And if it's something you have to buy first, then doesn't that cut into your savings?

Thanks for any insight.
Old 01-11-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaTimster
Ok - I'm confused; what is this Disney Gift Card you have to have? And if it's something you have to buy first, then doesn't that cut into your savings?

Thanks for any insight.
During the Holiday Season, Best Buy had a Blue Disney CD-Rom Gift Card (the gift card was also a rectangular CD-Rom). On it, there was a coupon for $5 off 2 Disney DVDs, $10 off 3, $15 off 4.

It's a YMMV on still finding these at stores.
Old 01-11-05, 03:32 PM

At our BB, the Disney gift cards described above were in the Disney DVD section - not with the rest of the gift cards at the front of the store.

It's a regular gift card / gift certificate sort of thing, so no, it doesn't cut into any savings at all (since I was going to spend the $$$ anyway). You just have to get a gift card to get the coupon on the back.

You can pretty much put any amount of $$$ on them. Thus, I first put $25 on the gift card, rang up the 4 Cartoon Favorites titles separately, and then paid for them with the newly purchased gift card and $15 off coupon on the back.

Last edited by davejt1; 01-11-05 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-11-05, 03:35 PM

I saw plenty of these cards in one of the stores, while in another one they had none. Thank you, CaseyB, I was thinking to probably buy these DVDs, and at this price couldn't resist.
Old 01-11-05, 05:51 PM

They still have plenty of these gift cards at our store (West Hollywood) in the Disney section and around the check out section. The minimum you can put on the card is $5.00, and you can use the gift card 30 minutes after activation. Glad to see so many folks getting a good deal (at least to me), I passed since I get all the Disney Treasures. However, I got a few extra gift cards because I know they'll come in handy through out the year, especially Black Friday when there's usually some Disney DVDs for $9.99. Enjoy and Happy New Year!
Old 01-11-05, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyB
... The minimum you can put on the card is $5.00, and you can use the gift card 30 minutes after activation...
There may have no minimum on these cards and you can use them right away. I bought two tonight - $1 on each card, and used them right away. The coupon is good through 12/31/2005.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.