Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WB TV SERIES "MAVERICK" TO DVD

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 10:02 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wb Tv Series "maverick" To Dvd

I an happy to report that Warners as part of 50 years of WB TV will be releasing 'MAVERICK' Could Cheyenne,Bronco, 77 Sunset Strip be forthcoming on DVD. One can only hope.

Warner Home Video Celebrates 50 Years of Television History from Warner Bros. Television with a Year-Long Promotion Featuring Today's Hit Shows and All-Time Classic Series

BURBANK, Calif. -- Dec. 27, 2004 -- In 2005, as Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) celebrates 50 years as the leader in television entertainment, Warner Home Video (WHV) is launching a year-long promotion featuring first-time-available and catalog DVD releases of WBTV hits. The studio-wide campaign will include DVD releases of series that date back to Maverick, one of WBTV's earliest series, continuing through to recent hits, and will feature special promotions for retailers and consumers.

Last edited by MUNKB; 01-11-05 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Back up Info
Old 01-10-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Halle-fucking-lula
Old 01-10-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

when and to what end...specs? pics? source? give us something
Old 01-10-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts
Maybe they'll release a better version of the Mel Gibson/James Garner film.
Old 01-11-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will this spur Universal to finally release that other great James Garner television series on DVD? (I've complained about this so many times in so many threads that I won't even name the series this time.) Probably not, but a guy can dream, right?
Old 01-11-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Walter Neff
Will this spur Universal to finally release that other great James Garner television series on DVD? (I've complained about this so many times in so many threads that I won't even name the series this time.) Probably not, but a guy can dream, right?
I think Walter Neff and I are the only people on this board who really want Rockford on DVD. I don't care about extras, commentary, deleted scenes... all I want is good clean uncut episodes of Rockford. This is one of the few television shows I NEED to own. Come on Universal!
Old 01-12-05, 12:22 AM

I want Rockford also....I think you'd be surprised at how many people would buy it. James Garner has a very large fan base and many people consider Rockford to be one the best of the late 70s/early 80s crime shows.

Back to the topic...Maverick would also be an attractive purchase, particularly if it's reasonably certain Warners would continue with future volumes.

77 Sunset Strip was mentioned in a USA Article some months ago about various titles Warners was going to release over the next several years. No date or details was given though. I don't recall hearing about Cheyenne or Bronco.
Old 01-12-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts
I've been waiting for Rockford since it was first announced...two years ago!!!
TV Guide once said James Garner is like Sarah Lee; nobody doesn't like him.
Old 05-17-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from the bits

Finally, some details on the release later this year of the TV series Maverick have also appeared and if correct, Warners seem to be in the process of dropping the ball on this popular series. Rather than a season set, it looks like we'll be getting a disc containing merely three episodes of the series. No specific release date has been revealed as yet.
Old 05-18-05, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
If No Season sets then No Sale.

Warners have been doing great on their Classic movies, Don't short change your classic TV series.

I think season sets of Have Gun, Will Travel have been doing well for Paramount.
Hope the upcoming Wanted: Dead or Alive also has strong sales.
Old 05-18-05, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
This whole WB tv promo seems to have vanished into thin air. Supposed to run throughout 2005 and hasn't started yet. All seasons of Adventures of Superman were also included. This was heavily promoted in trade magazines. What happened??? As for Maverick and Rockford. Garner sued both WB and Universal over residuals of the shows, and won. I'm willing to bet neither show can be released to dvd unless the studio can make a deal with him for his cut of the dvd sales.
Old 06-27-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

09.27.05 is the date...9.99 is the price
Old 06-27-05, 10:13 AM

So this is, what, two or three episodes? A TV movie/pilot? Don't they know by now that people want season sets?

RichC
Old 06-27-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they are testing the waters for this one...as well as F-Troop. Seeing if they have some interest to merit releasing multiple disc box sets for 40-60 bucks
Old 06-27-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll buy it but would really prefer season sets. I love this show.
Old 06-27-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great to see all of the love for James Garner, but remember that Jack Kelly was Bart Maverick for the entire series run. The (relatively) few shows that I have seen featured either Kelly (brother Bart) or Garner (brother Bret) but not both. Garner left after the 1960 season and Roger Moore of all people was brought in as cousin (I think) Beauregard Maverick.

I believe that one episode of Maverick, where Bret buys into a poker game that turns out to be rigged, was redone almost scene-for-scene as a Rockford Files episode twenty or so years later. I'm relying on memory for this, so you guys can tell me if I'm completely delusional about this.
Old 07-13-05, 03:37 PM
Cool New Member

Does anyone have any info on how many episode on the single disc are being released?
Old 07-13-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

3 episodes

Shady Deal at Sunny Acres
Gun-shy
Pappy
Old 07-13-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts
I'll buy this in a heartbeat.

Warner Brothers still seems to have some skepticism about TV on DVD for some reason. They did the same thing with Babylon 5 - released a couple of TV movies first to see if there was a market or not, and only after sales exceeded their expectations did they release the full season sets.

Looks like the same thing here - if it doesn't sell, no full season box sets.

So I'm buying it. The price is right anyway.
Old 07-13-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
Maybe they'll release a better version of the Mel Gibson/James Garner film.
I was thinking the same thing...Great movie, i beleive that movie was the last hurrah for the late great Denver Pyle, aka (Uncle Jesse)...
Old 07-13-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Wannabe
I think Walter Neff and I are the only people on this board who really want Rockford on DVD. I don't care about extras, commentary, deleted scenes... all I want is good clean uncut episodes of Rockford. This is one of the few television shows I NEED to own. Come on Universal!
I'm buying when they decide to release season sets, by the way how many seasons of rockford files were there...
Old 07-14-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnbook
I'm buying when they decide to release season sets, by the way how many seasons of rockford files were there...
It aired for six seasons, I believe...
Old 07-14-05, 02:50 PM

Speaking of Rockford, did anyone else see this at tvshowsondvd.com?

Rockford Files, The - Rockford Files 'announced' (sorta)
Posted by Gord Lacey
7/14/2005

Universal Studios Home Video has posted a trailer for their "Classic Television" lineup, which mentions Murder She Wrote, McMillan& Wife, McCloud, Columbo, Emergency!, Adam-12 and The Rockford Files. The Rockford Files is the only title on the list that hasn't been announced yet, so we assume it will be out before the of the year.

Check out the trailer on the McCloud DVD website. Thanks to Dominic Hadzima for sending us the information.
Here's a crappy screenshot from the trailer:

Yay.

---Lepus Rex
Old 07-14-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lepus Rex
Speaking of Rockford, did anyone else see this at tvshowsondvd.com?

Here's a crappy screenshot from the trailer:

Yay.

---Lepus Rex
I'll believe it when I have it in my hot little hands. I hope it's true, but Universal already got my hopes up once before by announcing a "Rockford Files" DVD set and then never actually releasing it. The existence of cover art gets my hopes up, but I'm not holding my breath...
Old 02-16-12, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: WB TV SERIES "MAVERICK" TO DVD

Finally! The complete 1st season is to be released 5/29/2012:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mav...Season-1/16528

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.