Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

U2 Tour Delayed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 03:17 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
U2 Tour Announced!

The U2 tour opening, which was expected to be in Miami on March 1, has been postponed to a later date due to a “family illness,” reports Rolling Stone.

Irish newspapers are reporting that one of the edge's daughters is very ill.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/li...p?story=598682

Edited as they announced the tour..

Last edited by BDB; 01-24-05 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-12-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is horrible news...
Old 01-13-05, 07:14 PM
Banned

i hope you are reffering to Edge's daughter and not the tour starting on time. Edge is the epitome of a musician, and I pray that God will watch over his family and heal her. Take your time fellas, will be here when your ready
Old 01-13-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually, a little of both, with an emphasis on the ill family member.
Old 01-14-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
i hope you are reffering to Edge's daughter and not the tour starting on time. Edge is the epitome of a musician, and I pray that God will watch over his family and heal her. Take your time fellas, will be here when your ready
Well said, I have seen u2 20 times and was losing sleep I was so excited for this tour. But family is way more important. I pray whatever the family illness, it is cured. The true fans will always be ready to go in moments notice.
Old 01-21-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Tour announcement on Monday, but starts end of March on the West Coast and the Kings of Leon are opening. (According to u2.com)
Old 01-21-05, 06:31 PM

The tour will begin March 28, here in San Diego. The rest of the tour dates will be announced on Monday.
Old 01-21-05, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by BillSD
The tour will begin March 28, here in San Diego. The rest of the tour dates will be announced on Monday.
If that is true

I would think they start in LA seeing that the Staple center is A WHOLE LOT better venue the the SD Sports Arena
Old 01-24-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

NORTH AMERICA DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

March 28th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 1st Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 5th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 9th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 14th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
April 20th Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 24th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 28th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
May 7th & May 9th Chicago, IL - United Center
May 14 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
May 17 & May 18 East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
May 21 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May 24 & May 26 Boston, MA - Fleet Center

Tickets for performances in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and San Diego will go on sale this Saturday, January 29th.

Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)

Once again, U2 will offer General Admission floor tickets giving fans the best view in the house for the lowest ticket price. Reserved seat tickets in the stands will also be available. In North America, general admission floor tickets will be $49.50 (plus applicable service fees). Additional ticket prices will vary per market. There will be an 8 ticket limit per person with a maximum purchase of 2 general admission floor tickets.

EUROPEAN DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

June 10th Brussels - King Baudouin Stadium
June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
June 14th Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium
June 18th London - Twickenham Stadium
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park
June 24th Dublin - Croke Park
June 29th Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium
5th July Katowice - Slaski Stadium
7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9th July Paris - Stade de France
11th July Zurich – Letzigrund Stadium
13th July Amsterdam – Arena
19th July Milan - San Siro
23rd July Rome - Olympic Stadium
27th July Oslo - Vallehovin Stadium;
29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium
31st July Copenhagen - Parken

3rd August Munich - Olympic Stadium
5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou
9th August San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade
Old 01-24-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow 50 bucks (supposeing you go to the boxoffice and not through ticketmaster.com for floor seats. i hope they do more dates then that.
Old 01-24-05, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't know why they need 5 days between shows. They better also hope the Knicks, Celtics, Nets, and Sixers aren't in the playoffs. Don't know how they could schedule those dates in such uncertainty.
Old 01-24-05, 07:13 PM

The time between dates, I'm guessing, is for multiple dates. Look for an extra night added when the first ones sell out (my guess).

For instance, the Dublin date is already rumored to be the 24th, 25th and possibly the 26th.

RS
Old 01-24-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tickets go on sale Tuesday 10am for Fan Club members for ALL venues
Old 01-25-05, 11:07 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I participated in the pre-sale for Chicago, but passed on the tickets I got (3rd row section 102) since I think I'll have a chance to get better tickets on Saturday. I couldn't get into ticketmaster's webpage for 10 minutes when tickets went on sale, so I imagine whoever did get in got decent seats. I can't believe there are so many people wanting to spend $175 per ticket to see them.
Old 01-25-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You shoulda bought the tickets, then sold them if you get better ones on Saturday...You might be kicking yourself and you would have had no problems selling those seats...
Old 01-25-05, 12:52 PM

The California presale seems to be melting the Ticketmaster server.
Old 01-25-05, 04:25 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

It did have a meltdown, but somehow I managed to end up with my desired GA seats for the San Jose show.
Old 01-25-05, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got fucked 3 times. Had Lower Level Bowl seats in cart, had credit card info on file, and then...bombed out at processing...3 different times. Too bad your presale code that you just used to "not get tickets" no longer works. After an hour and a half with Ticketmaster Managers giving me at least 15 passwords, I ended up with NOSEBLEEDS for $370.05. Not a proud U2 fan today.

Last edited by Chrisedge; 01-26-05 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-25-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anybody have the code, not planning on using it? I would gladly take nosebleeds for one of the two boston shows if I could pick some up.

Email me or pm me if so, would be very thankful..
Old 01-25-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
Not a proud U2 fan today.
Sorry to hear this. I was lurking a few U2 boards to see how much luck fans had today with the MSG show, and it seemed that very few actually got tickets at all. Many of them just settled for the 2 NJ shows.

I was a member of Propaganda back in 2001, but decided not to join the new fan club (not worth it to me). I just hope I get lucky with tix next week when they go on sale to the public.
Old 01-26-05, 10:29 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No DC area dates, that sucks.
Old 01-26-05, 06:23 PM
Banned

If I went to a ticketmaster outlet, do I have to have cash one me, can't I just bring my Mastercard and just have it be cool? Also, if I want GA seats, is the best way to get them to be at a Tickmaster outlet right when they go on sale? I want these tickets badly, and at $49.50, I will glady pay to see them again. The only guestion is can I get them.
Old 01-31-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Out of curiosity, what was his daughter's illness?

U2's The Edge battles paper over story

DUBLIN (AP) - The Edge, the lead guitarist of U2, is fighting an Irish newspaper in court over its report into a relative's serious illness that forced the Irish rock band to delay the start of its next world tour.

A high court judge in Dublin agreed Monday to a two-week delay to the hearing of rival lawsuits between The Edge and the Sunday World newspaper. The Dublin-based tabloid identified the relative and condition the person was suffering in a front-page story Jan. 8, but withdrew the report from later editions when The Edge's lawyers immediately obtained a temporary injunction.

This barred the Sunday World from repeating its story and warned other Irish newspapers not to pick it up, claiming it amounted to an unwarranted invasion of privacy. The Edge wants the injunction to be strengthened into a permanent injunction against publication.

The Sunday World wants the injunction overturned. Its lawyers are arguing that the details of the relative's illness are newsworthy because they are cited as the reason why U2 has delayed the U.S. start of its new Vertigo 2005 tour. Originally slated for March 1 in Miami, Florida, it now is supposed to start March 28 in San Diego, California.

The Edge, whose birth name is David Evans, married Aislinn O'Sullivan in 1983 and had three daughters with her. They broke up seven years later and divorced in 1996.

The Edge, 43, has two children with Morleigh Steinberg, a belly dancer and choreographer from the band's Zoo TV tour. They married in 2002.
Old 01-31-05, 06:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Leukaemia

Leukaemia is cancer of the bone marrow, where blood cells are made. Leukaemia occurs when abnormal white blood cells multiply rapidly and spill into the blood stream. Left untreated, these leukaemic cells crowd out the healthy cells, leaving the body starved of oxygen, with little immunity to disease, and unable to 'plug' wounds in the skin and blood vessels.