Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mystery Science Theatre Vol. 7 due out in April.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

VOLUME 7 DUE IN APRIL
Right before the holidays hit, we heard internet reports that Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Volume 7 was due to hit stores in March. There was never any doubt that Volume 7 was coming, but now that all the VHS episodes are on DVD, Rhino is pretty much going episode by episode, dealing with the same old movie rights issue that has been the bane of this show for so long. We don't have titles yet, but we can say that Volume 7 is tentatively due in stores in April. Stay tuned!
Old 01-08-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
As with Rhino's recent box sets I'm betting they will balance it between movies they have to pay for rights to and something they don't. To keep the cost of the box sets down I doubt they could put in four films that they had to pay film rights for.

Granted I have no idea whats left in the MST3K catalog that is public domain, but I won't be surprised if one of the discs is the scrapbook tape or something else cheap to license.

That said I will take anything I can get on DVD, so bring it on Rhino. [fingers crossed for Comedy Central episodes though)
Old 01-08-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love for them to release the Scrapbook tape on DVD. I've only seen terrible copies of it from offline and it'd be a nice addition, for sure.
Old 02-02-05, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to a news post on www.mst3k.com today, Volume 7 will contain:

* episode 407- THE KILLER SHREWS (with short: JUNIOR RODEO DAREDEVILS)
* episode 408- HERCULES UNCHAINED
* episode 410- HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN
* episode 816- PRINCE OF SPACE

A bonus feature will be ASSIGNMENT: VENEZUELA, the short originally MSTed for the ill-fated CD-ROM project and which was never shown on television.
Old 02-02-05, 01:55 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by CloudVader
According to a news post on www.mst3k.com today, Volume 7 will contain:

* episode 407- THE KILLER SHREWS (with short: JUNIOR RODEO DAREDEVILS)
* episode 410- HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN
* episode 816- PRINCE OF SPACE

A bonus feature will be ASSIGNMENT: VENEZUELA, the short originally MSTed for the ill-fated CD-ROM project and which was never shown on television.

PRINCE OF SPACE is one of their best episodes.

This is great!
Old 02-02-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by CloudVader
Sweet! This was my favorite of the Hercules movies that they watched!
Old 02-02-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott shelton
PRINCE OF SPACE is one of their best episodes.
Scott - do you happen to remember what the sequel is called? They did it around the same time they did 'Prince of Space', and *both* episodes are as good as the Sci-Fi era ever got.

Man, that's good news. Three Joel episodes from my favorite season *and* 'Prince of Space'.
Old 02-02-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, Prince of Space. One of my favorites...

(ThatGuamGuy - Invasion of the Neptune Men.)
Old 02-02-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
1. Prince of Space: Yes!

2. What's this CD Rom project? I've heard it mentioned here and there.

3. I am so frikkin behind, I have all the single discs, but only the first two boxes.
Old 02-02-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Ah, Prince of Space. One of my favorites...

(ThatGuamGuy - Invasion of the Neptune Men.)
Thanks, I taped a whole bunch of Sci-Fi episodes, but I didn't label that one to indicate that it was the sequel. And, after a few weeks, they all blend together and I couldn't remember which it was.
Old 02-02-05, 05:02 PM
mwj

Thanks for the information about volume 7. Looks like I will be picking it up. Love PRINCE OF SPACE. Have not seen the other episodes, but that's a cool extra.
Old 03-28-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

COVER ART:

Also:
Rhino has confirmed for us that this bonus will contain the contents of the entire "Venezuela" tape currently available from the Info Club, which also includes the shorts CENTURY 21 CALLING and A CASE OF SPRING FEVER.
Old 03-28-05, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
Scott - do you happen to remember what the sequel is called? They did it around the same time they did 'Prince of Space', and *both* episodes are as good as the Sci-Fi era ever got.

Man, that's good news. Three Joel episodes from my favorite season *and* 'Prince of Space'.
That other movie you're thinking of is "Invasion of the Neptune Men." I didn't get the impression that it was a sequel to "Prince of Space' --none of the characters were the same--I think it was more like just a movie in a similar vein.

Of the 2 I think "Prince" is better, but that's a matter of personal taste. "Neptune Men" was memorable in that it featured a visit from Krankor, the villain from "Prince."
Old 03-28-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts
This set looks pretty good, especially with PRINCE OF SPACE.
Old 05-23-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Update about getting the 4th disc replaced.

THE WHOLE "KILLER SHREWS" MISSING SECTION STORY
Almost since the day that the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Volume 7 DVD set from Rhino Home Video was released about a month ago, internet reports have been circulating that the version of episode 407- THE KILLER SHREWS (with short: JUNIOR RODEO DAREDEVILS) included with the set was slightly edited. Sharp-eyed MSTies (are there any other kind?) noticed that about 50 seconds of movie and riffing, just as the movie begins and before the actual title of the film appears (during which the narration sets up the whole "killer shrews" premise), was not included.

Rhino has come clean and admitted the goof, extends it apologies, and has set up a system whereby you can get a replacement for that disc.

Send an email to [email protected]. In the email, tell them you would like a replacement disc for Volume 7, Disc 4 of the "MST3K Collection" and DON'T FORGET to give them your name and full mailing address. DO NOT email Barb at Best Brains about this, even if you purchased it through the Info Club. Get your replacement directly from Rhino.

Also, thanks to the many many many many people who emailed us about this, and apologies for the lag from the time that you informed us about this and our announcement now. Rhino asked us to hold off until they got the replacement discs in stock, which they now do.
Old 08-24-05, 03:53 PM

Anybody get a replacement disc yet? About three months now since they offered.
Old 08-24-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gbub
Anybody get a replacement disc yet? About three months now since they offered.
Still no disc, but they did have an update on www.mst3kinfo.com that said the replacements will be sent out soon and Rhino hadn't forgotten about it.

For those of you waiting to receive your KILLER SHREWS replacement discs, here's the latest.

Yes, Rhino is now owned by a huge conglomerate, but they are still a pretty small operation. The team working on this replacement issue is not huge, and they have been working to pull together the list of people who need a disc. Actual mailing is slated to begin soon.

When you emailed Dr. Rhino, you should have received some sort of an email in response. If you did, be assured that you are on that list, and will probably receive your disc shortly.

If, for some reason, when you emailed them, you did NOT receive any sort of email reply, please send another email, containing your name and full street address, to [email protected]. Indicate (nicely) that this is the second email you have sent. You should receive an email reply. If you don't, check your spam filters, etc. to make sure you are receiving email correctly.

Rhino wants to thank everybody once again for their patience during this long, involved process.
Old 11-13-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received my replacement disc yesterday and they did fix the missing section. They also made the chapter breaks make more sense than they did on the original release for what that is worth.

Not sure why it took this long for them to finally release the replacement, but I'm happy to finally get it. They also included a Rhino sticker in the package.

Considering how hard it is to get major studios to admit to mistakes and fix them Rhino made this pretty easy since you didn't have to send them the old disc or anything. for finally having the Killer Shrews complete.
Old 12-16-05, 02:47 PM

Anybody else get their replacement yet? I'm just wondering because as the notice said I should have gotten a reply to my email. I tried emailing again and still didn't get a reply. Is this just taking them a really long time?

I feel impatient, but it has been like 7 months.
Old 12-16-05, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I e-mailed them a long, long time ago, got a reply to the e-mail that they would send the disc, and then never got it.
Old 12-16-05, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent a second email last month and still haven't heard back other than in the first email where they said they would get it.
Old 12-16-05, 08:22 PM

I also have not received my replacement disc. I emailed in May and again in October. They replied in Oct saying that they were sending them out, but I did not get one yet.
Old 12-17-05, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my disc about a month or so ago, sorry that you guys weren't so lucky.
Old 01-11-06, 01:59 PM

Hey, I got a response.

Dear MST3K Fan,

We are in the process of sending out these replacement discs. It is taking longer than anticipated due to the high volume of requests and small amount of manpower that is available to remedy the issue. However, we are currently doubling our efforts in attempt to resolve this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We will send a replacement disc to everyone who has requested one.

Dr. Rhino
Old 01-11-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got that too today gbub. I guess I just got to sit tight and wait. And wait. And wait. And wait more.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.