TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Committed 1/6/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Committed 1/6/05

The Return of the Todd Episode

I can't help it, I laughed my butt off at most of this episode, especially the last 10 minutes. The Nanny-cam footage of Nate and Todd was frikkin' hilarious. And then the maiden voyage of the new ramp in front of Nate's store just capped it off.

Marni is just a little too optimistic (the perky voice gets a little grating at times, but Jennifer Finnigan is cute as hell).

How did they get Newhart to make an appearance?
Old 01-06-05, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hidden camera and the whipped creamed pies were too funny!

Old 01-06-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
"Big Apple Cobbler" had me laughing my butt off. Loved Newhart. Really a stupid show. One I will be watching often.
Old 01-07-05, 07:21 AM

"The brother's in a chair, man!!!"

I agree- the Nanny Cam footage of Nate and Todd had me laughing out loud- very funny physical comedy!
Old 01-07-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman

How did they get Newhart to make an appearance?
Tom Poston starred with Newhart on his second series and they are good friends still.

The show wasn't too bad. I don't know if it would make it outside of Thursday night though.
Old 01-07-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Darn, I watched Tuesdays but didn't know it was on again...Is it going to be repeated this week?
Old 01-07-05, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Probably not, but they are going to show 2 new episodes next week on Tuesday and Thursday, just like this week.
Old 01-07-05, 04:20 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally saw this last night after Joey, and ended up watching Tuesday's pilot (which I had taped semi-accidentally) afterward. While it's not really a total laughfest, I like the slightly twisted bent to the humor. It's better than most of the other sitcoms out there (note, I said sitcoms and not comedies... I don't consider one camera comedies like Arrested Development to be sitcoms).

I'm not familiar with any of the main players except Tom Poston and Tammy Lynn Michaels (who was superb in Popular and very good here as well). I thoguht they all did a good job. The show's dynamic made more sense to me after reading the producer in TV Guide describe it as two characters that would normally be the quirky supporting characters and making them the leads.
Old 01-07-05, 04:56 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
"See you later." Said the Postal Worker to Marni, then he looked at the Nanny, "Occupant."

Old 01-09-05, 01:28 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I just watched my recording and the nanny-cam footage of Todd and Nate was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a while.
Old 01-12-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
I missed this episode, but caught the one they showed last night. It was decent, although it seems they're going through the courtship pretty fast. Last night it was mentioned that they had already gone out on 45 dates.

3 episodes, 45 dates.

Still, this show is pretty good, and I'll be watching on Thursday.
Old 01-28-05, 01:47 PM

i've watched the past couple of episodes....because I was bored and had set to record the whole 8 pm hour. While the quirky odd couple has been done to death...Darma and Greg? The show is somewhat entertaining..but just barely by my standards.
What the heck is up with "Clown". I always find these type of forced odd characters grating. " We need an eccentric character...hmmmm...let's have a delusional old man come out of the closet for no reason whatsoever than to make lame jokes. Name..?? He doesn't need no stinkin' name."

I don't know in what direction they expect the show to take....can they find something every week which will cause him to wonder where he stands with her?

Since there have been no threads these past few weeks...maybe the committed threads..all 2 of them ..can be merged.

edit: it just hit me who the lead female character reminds me of. The character is basically the allyson hannigan american pie "this one time at band camp" girl. She's pretty much oblivious of what she is doing.

Last edited by maxpower; 01-28-05 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 01:51 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I'm still think it has its moments. It only has a 13 episode order and NBC has already scheduled their version of The Office in that timeslot after the 13 episodes are up and judging by the ratings I'd be shocked if it comes back next season.

I remember Jennifer Finnigan saying the clown was based on a real person one of the writers knew.