Does Bravo now have the worst logo?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

that thing is huge now, at least 2in by 2in even on my little 17in tv
Old 01-07-05, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It could be worse, they could put the logo over the entire screen. {Please disregard this pointless post, I just wanted to be the first to reply to a Mikehunt thread. Just happened to see it here outside of the "others" forum, all lonely like... }
Old 01-07-05, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know, ABC new winter snow flake add on for their logo is pretty damn DUMB..

Wait, so someone at the network thought it was a good idea to holiday decorate the network logo and make it bigger!?!!! As if we LIKE the thing in the first place and "Oh look they make it 100% bigger due to putting a snow flake around it, how festive!"

of course worst logo IMO still goes to the Doctor Phil show.. Not only does he have the HUGE logo over the left side of the screen, at any given time there is also 5+ "Dr Phil" signs all over the back ground of any given shot.. The wall, the other wall, the tv screens spinning the logo. Never mind all this is going on while he sits there.. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr WTF!!??!?! It's sort of clear what show I just walked in on someone watching, I don't need a screen logo too.. blah.. It has to be his ego gone over board..

Last edited by DeadLamb; 01-07-05 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-07-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
You could be in Oklahoma, where whenever there is a slight breeze or a drop of percipitation, the big 4 put on a map of the whole state that takes up 1/4 of the screen.
Old 01-07-05, 09:15 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
TBS' new logo isn't so hot either.
Old 01-07-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The VH1 or MTV (forget which) "Best of 2004" logo/graphic is/was so big it covered up the names and ID info of all the people featured in their shows. So stupid.
Old 01-07-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Trio logo always annoyed me the most. It was just a giant opaque red circle that screamed phosphor burn.

Some of the Fox Sports logos are screwed up. When they use someone else's sports feed and then slap their bug on top of it, it frequently covers up important information about the game, like the quarter or time remaining.

das
Old 01-07-05, 09:34 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These logos and the little popup bars that advertise another show on that network really need to go.

Whoever came up with these as advertising methods really needs to be strung up, hung by their toes over a pool of ravenous piranna.

J/k on that, but logos and popup ads on tv.

Not that we have NHl on tv now, but at least they got rid of that light tracking thing. Man, that was really annoying and made the games unwatchable.

It was funny though, because when the puck was against the boards, you'd have a glowing blip in the middle of the stands.
Old 01-07-05, 03:05 PM

Bravo - It's a word balloon, but half it is square, the other rounded. Ugh.

TBS - Pretty subtle. I took it as a smile since they've been advertising sitcoms and such. Could be worse. Like Bravo.

ABC - Not the worst idea, but it was awfully distracting. Thankfully it wasn't bright white.

MTV and VH1 should be slapped repeatedly for clogging the sccreen with thier self-promoting, non-static logos, ads and whatnot. Especially if they cover up credits on who is talking on the screen.

Dr. Phil - I never thought of that until DeadLamb brought it up. He has his logo everywhere.

Now that think of it, does the People's Court need an on-screen bug (so we don't confuse it with 80 other court shows, maybe? Then again, Judge Judy has nada.) ? Does Starz have to ID thier stations during a movie?

Hell, I'm going to start bugging my posts here. Oh wait. That's called a signature...