Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Good wireless solution for online PS2 gaming?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a wireless adapter for the PS2? All I seem to see is the Linksys B and G adapters. Are there any other adapters other than these two? Of these, does one offer something better than the other. Will I see any difference in speed or reliability? I have a Linksys wireless G router with 3mb (about 2mb in reality) Comcast cable modem access.
Old 01-05-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Well, if you have a G router, I would recommend getting a G adapter, too. It should be more reliable, even if the speed doesn't really make much of a difference to online gaming. Plus you won't be downgrading your G signal for your computer. Now if you already have a computer using a wireless B card, never mind.

There are a number of posts concerning this on the board already. Since you already have a Linksys router, might as well get the Linksys adapter too. You can alternatively get a Microsoft Xbox wireless G Adapter too... you need an Xbox to configure it, but after that you can use it on anything, and it seems to be a bit cheaper.

Just a warning for those buying routers: do not buy the Linksys A+G router. It really, really stinks. I replaced my old B router with this one, and it craps out all the time. Argh.
Old 01-05-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
I have a D-Link B wireless adaptor for my Xbox connected to my D-Link B router.

Works fine.