Reload this Page >

Mario + others in NBA Street v.3!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-05-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets hope some Sega characters make it in for the other console versions and I might have to buy all three, after they reach $19.99 of course.

Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach Take on the NBA's Best
Wednesday January 5, 9:02 am ET
Nintendo All-Stars Take to the Street in EA's NBA STREET V3

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 5, 2005--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News) and Nintendo announced today a partnership that brings the Nintendo All-Stars -- Mario(TM), Luigi and Princess Peach -- to the Nintendo GameCube(TM) version of NBA STREET V3, scheduled to launch in February under the EA SPORTS BIG(TM) brand. The game is being produced by Electronic Arts Canada, the studio that also is home to the industry-leading NBA LIVE and NCAA® March Madness® hoops video game franchises.

Featuring today's biggest NBA stars, a collection of the league's all-time greats, a Hall of Fame cast of past STREET characters, and now, for the first time ever, Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach, NBA STREET V3 is non-stop, action-packed fun. Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach are available to play as the Nintendo All-Stars team, while they are also available to compete individually in NBA STREET V3's new slam dunk contest.

"We're very excited to be able to incorporate the Nintendo All-Stars, as well as their own authentic Nintendo court, into NBA STREET V3," said V3 executive producer Wil Mozell. "There's nothing quite like seeing Mario, Luigi and Peach taking the over-the-top gameplay of NBA STREET V3 to the extreme as they square off against some of today's top NBA stars and all-time greats."

"Nintendo's characters have always proved they can compete on the world stage," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Now they'll show that they can compete on the streets as well."

The highly-anticipated third chapter in the multi-platinum-selling series expands on the fast-paced and larger-than-life game play that has made the franchise a hit. The all-new Trick Stick and interactive Gamebreaker control elevates the game to new heights with unmistakable style and attitude. NBA STREET V3 is also packed with highly detailed authentic street courts, deep player customization options, and new Court Creator. Screen shots of the game can be found at http://info.ea.com.
Old 01-05-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may SEEM like a good idea.... but..

I don't think it was a good idea.
Old 01-05-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the screens, I could'nt view them from work. You're right, they don't look so hot. I like the crossover though (no pun intended)!
Old 01-05-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts
Cute idea, but I still prefer having online play.
Old 01-05-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I like it.
Old 01-05-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool! I like crossovers, but not really an NBA fan. Oh well.

Now, if they're can make it to the next SSX game.. hell yes!
Old 01-05-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Now, if they're can make it to the next SSX game.. hell yes!
They might want to save them for the next 1080 game if they make another one.
Old 01-05-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How can anyone view those screens and think it's ok???? You guys amaze me
Old 01-05-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it looks HORRIBLE.....looks kinda fake, but they are real according to GameSpot....

Oh well
Old 01-05-05, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Yeah, it looks HORRIBLE.....looks kinda fake, but they are real according to GameSpot....

Oh well
Everybody has got to watch the video before they say it's a horrible idea. If you are not grinning after you see the video, you're a more cynical person than me.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4126

I think it's hysterical.

Ben
Old 01-05-05, 01:03 PM
RVP

Why not just make a mario basketball game? Mario is not "street" so why put him in this game? Makes no sense. Seems like I like EA less each day.
Old 01-05-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The clashing of styles looks great. You'd have to be devoid of artistic imagination to think not. It reminds me of an unreleased Square-Enix PS2 game called Hanjuku Hero vs. 3D, a war strategy game where 2D armies fight 3D armies. Not to anybody's surprise, it never came out here as most American's disregard artistic style in video games.

"The game's protagonist is the young, but incapable king of the peaceful 2D kingdom of Almamoon. He is being supported by his adviser Sebastian and a female only referred to as "atashi" (me in Japanese). And our spriteful hero needs all the help he can get, after a giant pan appears in the skies above his kingdom and scores of polygonal combatants follow to challenge him and his kingdom's army."
Old 01-05-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RVP
Why not just make a mario basketball game? Mario is not "street" so why put him in this game? Makes no sense. Seems like I like EA less each day.
I hate EA (a lot), and I'm not the biggest Mario fan either.. but I love this idea. It's different, which is something we need more of in today's ever-growing stale video game world.
Old 01-05-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sure the contrast of styles is kind of cool.

ITS AN NBA GAME. Mario and Luigi and Peach should not be int he game. I'd rather have a Nintendo All Stars BBall game.
Old 01-05-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's NBA by name only. If adding Mario to the mix makes it any more unrealistic than it already was then.. wow.
Old 01-05-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am somewhat surprised you are for this Pixy, I would think you would be agains the urbanization/ "streetizing" (made up word) of Mario. I am not sure how this will turn out, but I think it will sell very well.
Old 01-05-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think there's anything wrong with just putting Mario in another game. From the screenshots they still look the same, I don't see any Nikes or gold chains on him. It looks like they're just putting them in a street game, not making them street.
Old 01-05-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a great idea. It looks excellent in the video. As far as Mario not being "street" neither is Tim Duncan and he is probably in the game. I liked Link being in Soul Calibur and this idea looks to be just as much fun.
Old 01-05-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by msdmoney
I am somewhat surprised you are for this Pixy, I would think you would be agains the urbanization/ "streetizing" (made up word) of Mario. I am not sure how this will turn out, but I think it will sell very well.
I don't know if this would be considering streetizing. He's wearing his usual outfit, which includes both Blood and Crip colors.
Old 01-05-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drexl
I don't know if this would be considering streetizing. He's wearing his usual outfit, which includes both Blood and Crip colors.
Old 01-05-05, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 01-05-05, 02:40 PM
RVP

But his hat is Red! He must be a blood!
Old 01-05-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those pictures look unbelievably stupid!

It's not "imaginitive" ... Peach looks like a pregnant Karen Carpenter; why would they do this? I'd be equally against putting a variety of "Sega" characters, or have a 1 on 1 Solid Snake vs. Gabe Logan match.. bah!

Of course... you don't have to use the Nintendo players - I just can't believe how many of you think this is a good idea!
Old 01-05-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wtf??? hahahah! That's awesome! I usually never care for the recycled basketball game of the month, but this has definitely got my attention, I'm gonna buy this. I'm cracking up listening to you people in outrage

the video looks sweet!
Old 01-05-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
How does Street play on the GCN? I've never actually bought this version, but I've always disliked the GCN controller for sports games...

Still, a great way for nintendo to get multi-console owners to buy this version. I know that's why I bought Soul Calibur 2 on their system...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.