Is anyone still playing City of Heroes?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-05, 09:20 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

I got CoH for my son for Christmas, and now we're both hooked. Anyone here still play?

For anyone who's interested, look me up on the Justice server. I have a level 8 natural tanker named "Bandoman" (original, huh?)
Old 01-03-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I play on Liberty. I have a 40 scrapper, a 35 blaster, and a 26 controller right now.

I'm taking a break for a week or so to work on X-Men: Legends, which I got for Christmas.
Old 01-03-05, 11:19 AM
Enormous Genitals

Whoa, you're, like, powerful and stuff.
Old 01-03-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Whoa, you're, like, powerful and stuff.
Hell yeah. And I've wasted countless hours of my life I'll never get back.

Take THAT, productivity!

[It's weird going back and reading through some of the old threads; not only is the formatting screwy, but the content is entirely wrong now. Back then, blasters used to be considered gods while scrappers sucked. Now it's the reverse.]
Old 01-03-05, 11:44 AM
Enormous Genitals

How long does it take to level up to your levels?
Old 01-03-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hmm...

I almost never make use of powerleveling for myself (with one exception below); some people DO powerlevel though, and they can get from 1-50 within a few days. It's pretty sick. Once you get one character who's high level, he can get a buddy up to the high levels. Then that buddy works on his character.

The scrapper (40) I had since launch in May. I played him until early July (up to about 30) while studying for the bar. He took the longest, because 1) scrappers were incredibly weak in those days, 2) I didn't know what I was doing, and 3) missions gave piddly xp back then, so you had no choice except to street sweep.

Then I started a blaster after noticing blasters skyrocket in power. There was an ability called Smoke Grenade that was super-overpowered (it's since been nerfed). Using that ability, I managed to get from 1-32+ in maybe a month. 20-30 took me less than 2 days hunting in Dark Astoria... it was sick. After the nerf, it took about 3 more weeks to get him to 35. He's still strong, but he's not a god anymore, so he's a little less fun to play.

By then they'd fixed scrappers a little, and I picked up my old scrapper again. They'd implemented a respec feature, so I was able to fix some old bad power choices. It took maybe 2 months to get from 30-40, and that's doing mostly missions at night; a lot of my time during this period was spent doing things that don't give xp (like slaughtering enemies for badges or exploring for badges). Missions actually give great xp now, so they're very worthwhile. They're going to change my scrapper type in the next update, so I don't really want to keep playing him until I know what the change will be. They proposed something unworkable, then the fans lashed out. Their new suggestion is (IMO) not ENOUGH of a fix, so I'm holding out until they make their decision. My scrapper (*/Regen) right now is a god basically (unless I shut down my toggles, I can't die fighting 10 purple minions or a few +2 bosses, and I've soloed several archvillains), so he needs to be fixed, but I'm just hoping they make the right fix.

Around the first week of December, I started playing a controller on a lark. I managed to level him up to 26. I shot from 18-26 during the past week alone (albeit I've had much more time to play, being on holiday). I had a friend powerlevel me from 10-12 so I could get my travel power a little sooner, but other than that I was completely solo. For him, I did almost no street sweeping... it was all missions and task forces. Right now, he's probably my favorite character.

Generally, I average maybe an hour to an hour and a half a night after work playing, maybe 4-5 hours for a whole weekend, and more on holidays.
Old 01-03-05, 12:16 PM
Enormous Genitals

Wow, I understood about 1/2 of what you just said. I clearly have a lot to learn about this game.

How do you powerlevel? I wouldn't want to fraise myself from level 8 to 50 in a very short time, but I would like to level up somewhat quickly if possible.
Old 01-03-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, I understood about 1/2 of what you just said. I clearly have a lot to learn about this game.

How do you powerlevel? I wouldn't want to fraise myself from level 8 to 50 in a very short time, but I would like to level up somewhat quickly if possible.
Sorry! I can clear up anything you don't understand. This is my first MMOG, so I remember being overwhelmed at first too.

Powerleveling is basically using the teaming/sidekick system to maximize xp. I'll quote from a guide on the subject:

POWERLEVELLING

The current methods of "powerlevelling" that are in vogue rely on taking advantage of the way experience is parcelled out among party members. To oversimplify the process, when a group of PCs kills a mob, the mob's "base experience" is divided up proportionately by level among the PCs in your party, then the base XP that each PC gets is modified up or down depending on the difference in levels between the PC and the mob. (Yes, I know there is also a "party bonus" of XP added to the base depending on how many people are in the party--I'm oversimplifying, okay?)

For instance, if a party consisting of a Level 2, a Level 3, and a Level 5 PC kills a Level 4 mob, first the base XP from that mob is divided into 10 parts (2 + 3 + 5 = 10), and then the Level 2 PC gets 2 parts, the L3 3 parts, and the L5 5 parts. Then, since the mob was level 4, the L3 PC's XP is adjusted up slightly, the L2 PC's is adjusted up more, and the L5 PC's is adjusted down, because he was higher level than the L4. Who got the best end of the deal here? The L2--not only did he get the most XP numerically, but he also has the shortest XP distance to go before levelling. So out of all three of those PCs, the L2 earned the most distance, proportionately, toward his next level.

There is a limit to how far apart in levels this will work, however. If the difference between highest and lowest levels in a party is more than 9 levels (over level 20; under level 20 it's more like 4 or 5), the lower level characters will get no XP from kills.

1) The High-Low Game:

The most common form of powerlevelling, and the one people are usually talking about when they refer to powerlevelling in general, is what I call the High-Low Game. It involves teaming two heroes, one up to 9 levels above the other, unsidekicked, so that the higher-level hero can kill "easy" mobs and the lower-level hero cashes in on that level-adjustment bonus.

There are two basic configurations for the High-Low Game:

a) The duo: One PC teams with another PC 9 levels or so his junior. For example, a L40 might team with an L31. (Or a 32, 33, etc.; they'd get less XP as their level goes up but still quite a lot relatively speaking.) Subsequently, the higher-level PC goes around killing mobs of his own level, experiencing no great amount of difficulty in doing so, while the lower-level PC stays in a safe place (or, at his discretion, tags along with the higher level to apply buffs and such and try not to get himself killed). The lower level PC gets extraordinary amounts of XP and Influence, as his less-than-half share of the base is multiplied by several levels' worth of difference adjustment. (He will also receive a lot of blingbling in the form of Inspirations and higher-level Enhancements.)

b) The trio: If a PC wants to power-level another PC who is outside the 9-level limit, the two of them find a third PC, who is fewer than 9 levels (the optimal range is usually 6-8) lower than the high-level PC. Subsequently, this middle PC sidekicks the lowest PC, then the highest-level hunts on his own while both the lower PCs soak up the XP (or, optionally, the two lower PCs can form their own hunting party in a yellow area of a zone like Founder's Falls while the high-level PC hunts in a red area). The lower-level PCs get less XP than if there were only one of them, but they both get more than they would hunting solo. (Sometimes several PCs are power-levelled at a time this way--1 or 2 higher-levels do the killing for 3-4 lower-levels.)
Old 01-03-05, 12:48 PM
Enormous Genitals

That explains a lot, Capt.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-05, 03:03 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I still play CoH - a couple of times a week, it seems. Look for Great Beyond on Justice, and we'll have to hook up sometime.

Well, I've been playing Great Beyond since the beginning (more or less) and she's only 36 now. My problem is that I jump from character to character - I've got a ton that are level 20 in addition to my level 36. But if I focused, I could get to level 5 or 6 with a couple of hours work, probably up to 10 or 15 with a solid weekend on playing (depending on the build), and 20 by the end of the week.

I've had two friends who play scrappers - and in the space of a week, they've hit level 28 or 29. And they only play a 2 or 3 hours a day.
Old 01-03-05, 03:51 PM
Enormous Genitals

I must be doing something wrong. I've been playing for a week (only about 1 hour/day) and I'm only level 8.
Old 01-03-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I must be doing something wrong. I've been playing for a week (only about 1 hour/day) and I'm only level 8.
7 hours to get a solo tank up to 8 isn't that bad, especially for a first character. You level faster when you know what to do, where the enemies are, what powers to slot and how, etc., but for a first character that's not bad at all.

Scrappers level extremely fast solo, and they're probably the best class for the casual player. Blasters level very fast in the early levels, then taper off for a while (blasting off again in the 20s when SOs become available. Tanks, Defenders, and Controllers just don't level as fast early on solo, but they do well in teams.

The slowest levels in the game, IMO, are 7-13. You can get a travel power at 14, which opens the game up considerably. Then you get the VERY powerful Single Origin enhancements at 22, which makes you really superheroic.
Old 01-03-05, 06:25 PM
Suspended

Well, it depends on a couple of factors - like what character archtype you are playing. Like I said, scrappers are VERY indestructable, and can go up against much higher level stuff and win (which = more XP per hour). Controlers and Defenders are pretty squishy, and level the slowest. Blasters are more or less in the middle (again, depending on what type you do). Tankers are a bit slower in the low end game because they dont deliver a lot of damage. Sure they can take it, but you only get the XP killing things. If you cant kill as fast, then you dont level as fast.

Also - I find that doing missions is much better XP per hour than streetsweeping. So I'd work my contacts and see if you cant get more faster that way.

Failing all that, youre more than welcome to come along with some of my missions. We'll get you over the hump and into the 14+ game.
Old 01-03-05, 07:39 PM

I played for 3-4 months, but then my buddies started dropping off as the WOW Betas were appearing, and suddenly, I was all alone and decided to kill my account. It was a good game, but without my friends on it, I figured I'd move on.
Old 01-04-05, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Calico
I played for 3-4 months, but then my buddies started dropping off as the WOW Betas were appearing, and suddenly, I was all alone and decided to kill my account. It was a good game, but without my friends on it, I figured I'd move on.
Damn Calico where have you been? You're our trusty microsoft insider informant. You need to post more lol
Old 01-04-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The new expansion just came out today... it has some new content (yay) and a lot of gameplay changes (boo). I'm not even going to try and log in today because the servers are gonna be hammered, but here's the release info (I've bolded new content, while leaving "tweaks/nerf/fixes" untouched):

City of Heroes Expansion Issue #3: A Council of War

Epic Archetypes

Upon attaining level 50, you will unlock the first Epic Archetype available in City of Heroes . The Kheldians are a race of energy beings that have made Earth their new home. Kheldians and their dark cousins, the Nictus, attach to humans and form a symbiotic relationship with them.
You can play one of two new Archetypes, Peacebringers are the typical Kheldians, while Warshades are reformed Nictus who now fight for good.
Peacebringers are Natural Origin, while Warshades are Science based.
Peacebringers and Warshades have only one Primary and one Secondary Powerset to choose from, but these powersets have more powers to choose from than a normal powerset.
A Peacebringer's first contact is in Atlas Park .
A Warshade's first contact is in Galaxy City .
Kheldians and Nictus have unique storylines throughout their career in addition to being able to access the normal game content.
Kheldians and Nictus both have a severe vulnerability to a specific type of energy. Unfortunately sinister forces have made every villain group in Paragon City aware of this, and even supplied some with weapons that can severely hurt Kheldians. Be wary of villains wielding strange weapons, and the mysterious Void Hunters.

· Ancillary Power Pools

Upon reaching level 41, you gain the ability to choose from a new set of Ancillary Power Pools to help round out your character. You can only choose one of these Pools, so make your choice wisely.
Blasters
· Cold Mastery

· Force Mastery

· Flame Mastery

· Munitions Mastery

Controllers
· Stone Mastery

· Fire Mastery

· Ice Mastery

· Primal Forces Mastery

· Psionic Mastery

Defenders
· Dark Mastery

· Power Mastery

· Psychic Mastery

· Electricity Mastery

Scrappers
· Body Mastery

· Darkness Mastery

· Weapon Mastery

Tankers
· Energy Mastery

· Pyre Mastery

· Arctic Mastery

· Earth Mastery

Zone events

Dock workers in Independence Port have gone on strike until their security can be ensured.
The Clockwork King is hard at work on something big in Kings Row.
ndependence Port and Talos Island citizens are reporting sightings of ghosts haunting the waterways.

New Villain Group: The Council

An internal coup d'etat has shattered the 5 th Column, and from their remnants, a new villain group, the Council has emerged. Rumor has it that the Council is not as new as we would be led to believe. Heroes are urged to investigate every aspect of this new group across all Security Levels.

Badges

5th Column badges have been switched over to Council badges (Credit for 5th column defeats remain).
Modified badge tracking for defeats so that everyone on the team gets credit, not just the teammates within 200 feet of the villain.

New Zone: Striga Isle

Smugglers on Talos Island and Independence Port can secure passage for anyone Security Level 20 or over to Striga Isle, an island just off the coast of the United States in international waters. This criminal haven is rumored to be a stronghold and training center for Council troops.
Heroes interested in investigating the island are advised to contact Stephanie Peebles near the docks.

Mission Difficulty Contacts

Hero Corp has placed agents throughout Paragon City who are able to put a word to all your Contacts about how tough you think you are. Find one of these contacts and for a small fee of Influence they can make all missions you have and take from that point forward harder.
These Hero Corp personnel exist in all City Zones.

Powers

Bosses of higher levels (25 and up), all Archvillains and Monsters have been made tougher.
Bosses of higher levels (25 and up), all Archvillains and Monsters are now worth more Experience, based on how much tougher they got.
Villains who are notoriously hard (and thus avoided by Heroes whenever possible) have had their XP reward increased.
Giant Monsters, no matter what their level, will con Purple now. This is because the monsters are able to be fought by the entire level range of Heroes. That is, your character will hit and do damage to them as though they are your level. Additionally, they will hit and damage you as though you are their level. Heroes of ANY level should be cautious around ANY Giant Monster now. This does not apply to monsters spawned in missions or wandering in the Eden zone.
Fixed Short help for Super Strength/Rage (Long help was correct. Power was not changed).
Frostfire and Atta are now a new Rank: “Elite Boss”. Elite Bosses are tougher than normal bosses, but not as tough as ArchVillains. Elite Bosses are worth more XP than regular bosses.
Radiation Emission/EMP Pulse will now do extra damage to most machines and robots.
Changed the way many temporary powers expire. Many that were based on “real-time” will now expire based on number of charges instead. This is to prevent gaining a new Temp Power, logging out, and then coming back the next day and find it missing. This change only applied to Temp Powers that were Click Powers. Toggle and Auto Temp Powers do not expire when you are off line.
Group Flight: Removed added Endurance Penalty for each Teammate carried. Slightly Increased base END Cost.
Team Teleport: Removed added Endurance Penalty for each Teammate teleported. Slightly Increased base END Cost.
Powers that “Drain” or affect a target to buff of heal the caster have been modified. Previously, these powers would give you less of a Buff/Heal if used against a higher level foe, and more of a buff/heal if used against a lower level foe. Now, powers like these will give the same buff/heal as though you were targeting a foe of your level (e.g. life draining powers, powers that steal Endurance, or powers that debuff foes to buff the caster). This fix will also affect any power that does something to a target and then something to the caster. For instance, using a Nova Blast will no longer drain a different amount of Endurance from the caster depending upon the level of your villain targets.
Whirlwind, Repel, and Repulsion Field will KnockBack foes of all levels the same distance. That is, Repulsion Field will no longer lock higher level foes into permanent KnockDown. (This is a change to the level of a target and does not affect a targets resistance to or vulnerability to KnockBack).
Increased the effectiveness of the Defender version of Transfusion, Kinetics, Twilight Grasp, Siphon Power, and Kinetic Transfer by about 25% so they are consistently better than the Controller Version (both Controller and Defender version used to be the same).
Modified Totem, Rikti Monkey and Sky Skiff attacks.
The Family now has Tommy Guns.
Updated Force Field/Detention Field f/x.
Animate Stone can now fly with the assistance of Group Fly.
Change to FEAR: Villains that are afraid will no longer run away. Afraid villains will now tremble and cower in place and not attack. They will, however, retaliate once if attacked, but then go back to trembling. This change will affect most Fear powers including: Pool/Manipulation/Intimidate; Pool/Manipulation/Invoke Panic; Scrapper Melee/Dark Melee/Touch of Fear; Scrapper Defense/Dark Armor/Cloak of Fear; Defender Buff/Dark Miasma/Fearsome Stare; Controller/Mind Control/Terrify (villains will tremble in the presence of Spectral Terror, and will flee if the Spectral Terror casts Terrify on them.)
For all targeted toggle powers; if the target is over 300' away the toggle power will automatically turn off.
Boosted damage of Ignite patch.
Blizzard and Freezing Rain will now Knock Down flyers. Targets no longer need to be near the ground to fall if affected by these powers.
Reduced Max Damage resistance of all archetypes except Tankers.
Increased Tanker Damage.
Changed Tanker Taunt to an AoE Taunt. Increased Recharge Time, and increased duration of taunt effect. Tanker Taunt is an Auto Hit and does not require a ToHit roll.
Pool/Challenge no longer Auto hits. Gave it a 20% Accuracy Bonus.
Slightly Reduced Accuracy of Provoke.
Made all Tanker attack powers (secondary set) generate hate from all nearby foes. The more damage the power does, the greater the affected area. This effect does not kick in until after level 5, and slowly ramps up from there. The intent is to reduce a tanker's reliance on Taunt powers, and encourage the use of attack powers to keep villains attention on them.
Renamed Scrapper Taunt powers to “Confront” (This is a single targeted Taunt, so the name change is to differentiate it from Tanker Taunt). Scrapper “Confront” is an Auto Hit and does not require a ToHit roll.
Fixed problem with Lts moving slower than minions.
The powers Ice Armor/Frozen Armor, Wet Ice, and Glacial Armor are no longer mutually exclusive and can stack.
Wet Ice now Resists Sleep effects
Removed Shadow Maul from Skull Boss (Bone Daddy) and replaced it with a new power.
Short Circuit now does extra damage to most robots and mechanical foes.
Increased -Fly on Web Grenades.
Modified Hamidon powers.
Endurance gained from Rise of the Phoenix will now increase with END Enhancements.
Fixed typo in Shadow Maul description. Changed text to “High” damage (no power change).
Removed Disorient from Mutation, and increased duration of the buff.
Reduced Manipulation/Invoke Panic Accuracy.
Fixed Animate Stones immunity to Disorient, Hold and Immobilization. Also, Animate Stone can now Jump.
Malta Turrets will no longer be destroyed when you defeat the Engineer that created it.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Fiery Aura/Healing Flames.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Ice Armor/Hoarfrost.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Invulnerability/Unyielding Stance.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Invulnerability/Unstoppable.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Stone Armor/Earth\ss Embrace.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Regeneration/Moment of Glory.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Regeneration/Resilience.
Added resistance to Toxic Damage to Regeneration/Reconstruction.
All Build Ups, Aims, damage buffs and debuffs will now affect Toxic Damage types.
Added inherent Taunt to Tanker Ancillary Powers.
Added inherent Criticals to Scrapper Ancillary Powers.
Regeneration/Instant Healing's recharge time has been reduced from 60 seconds to 15 seconds.
Regeneration/Integration now offers some increased Regeneration, and can accept Healing Enhancements.
Moment of Glory now lasts longer (120 seconds). Also, fixed some gaps in MoG Mez protection.
Reduced Regeneration/Integration Endurance Cost.
Regeneration/Instant Healing Max Regeneration buff was slightly reduced. Additionally, it gains less of a boost from each added Enhancement.
Moment of Glory HP reduction is less (you will be left with 25% of your Max HP).
Boosted Defense Buff for Moment of Glory.
Improved Regeneration/Moment of Glory Mez resistance.
Added Toxic Damage resistance to Force Field/Deflection Shield.
Added a jump buff to Warshade/Nebulous Form.
Added Toxic Damage resistance to Penumbral Shield and Essence Boost.
Adjusted Cloak of Fear to match the way Fear works now. It will drain more End, but less often (equates to the exact same END cost).
Stone Armor/Granite Armor movement speed penalty was slightly reduced and its Endurance cost was reduced. Cannot be active at the same time as other Armors in this set, Super Speed, Sprint, Hover, Fly, or Group Fly. Slightly increased recharge time.
Improved Stone Armor/Granite Armor Mez resistance.
Added Toxic Damage resistance to Granite Armor.
Add resistance to Slow to Energy Absorption and Wet Ice.
Invulnerability/Unyielding Stance has been renamed to “Unyielding”. It no longer makes you Immobile and offers resistance to Immobilization. It is no longer Mutually Exclusive with Temp Invulnerability, however, it comes with a Defense debuff. Slightly increased its End Cost.
Increased the Duration and Recharge time of Unstoppable. Improved its Mez resistance.
Decreased the Accuracy and Defense buff of Invincibility. Defense bonus is now against melee attacks only.
Fiery Armor/Plasma Shield now grants protection to Sleep and Hold.
Fiery Armor/Burn no longer grants protection from Sleep and Hold.
Fiery Armor/Fire Shield now also gives you protection from Disorient effects.
Fiery Armor/Healing Flames no longer gives you protection from Disorient effects.
Fiery Armor/Rise of the Phoenix now also Disorients nearby foes. This Auto Hits foes but can be resisted by foes. Also, Rise of the Phoenix will leave you invulnerable for a brief while after your resurrect.
Dark Armors/Soul Transfer now also disorients drained targets. This Auto Hits foes but can be resisted by foes. Also, Soul Transfer will leave you invulnerable for a brief while after your resurrect.
Removed Flight Speed Enhancements from Quantum Flight (it is already at maximum speed).
Improved Dark Armors/Obsidian Shield resistance to Mez effects.
As a rule, top end resistance powers like Moment of Glory, Unstoppable and Granite Armor will offer nearly complete Mez Protection. Lower level mez protection powers like Unyielding, Obsidian Shield, etc (pretty much all other Scrapper and Tanker mez protection powers), will have lesser resistance at first, but will improve with level. These powers will reach similar resistances around level 35 for Tankers, and 45 for Scrappers.
Increased Damage of Hot Feet.
Increased Damage of Rise of the Phoenix . It also now accepts damage Enhancements.
Fixed a bug that caused all villains higher than level 50 to not get knocked back, down or up.
Increased Perception Radius for Giant Monsters.
Reduced Detention time and increased recharge time of Rularuu/Wisp/Detention Field.
Updated Requiem's, and Nosferatu's powers.

Miscellaneous

Fixed the long door wait bug, that left players with an hourglass cursor unable to act for an extended period
Minimap is now resizable and has an options pulldown.
Added /assist command which will change your target to a selected allies target.
Autorun will not turn off at ID Card, Enhancement Screen, Power Selection/Respec or Options screen.
Dialogs can be answered via 'dialogyes', dialogno' or 'dialoganswer ' slash commands.
Player description in the Info window will now respect enters and tabs
Quit will no longer be interrupted by mouse clicks. If you are quitting to the desktop you will be given the choice to exit immediately
Wrapped text in chat window will now be indented, to prevent player spoofing of other people (including GM's)
Added new commands powexec_toggleon and powexec_toggleoff to force mode of a toggle power [/b]
It is no longer allowed to give gifts to people in the middle of a respec.
Some columns in supergroup, search, email, and friend windows can now be resized
You can now hit an opponent with a melee attack while chasing after them.
The Supergroup window has been revamped. Unnecessary fields were removed and it now displays level and map. The window is also 2-stage collapsible, the header can be hidden, and then the bottom buttons can be hidden as well.
You can now control what music the boombox plays with a bunch of new emotes. These are also available from the Quickchat menu. They all begin with "bb" which stands for "boombox". The list: bb, bbAltitude, bbBeat , bbCatchMe , bbDance . bbElectroVibe , bbDiscoFreak , bbDogWalk , bbHeavyDude , bbInfoOverload , bbJumpy , bbKickIt , bbLooker , bbMeaty , bbNotorious , bbMoveOn , bbPeace , bbQuickie , bbRaver , bbShuffle , bbTechnoid , bbWindItUp , bbVenus , bbWahWah . bbYellow , bbSpaz.
Old 01-04-05, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Oh - two more issues:

* The free respec is NOT included with the update. That comes later this week.
* The Global Chat is not ready, it seems and will be rolled out later.
* No winter event . . . yet
Old 01-06-05, 08:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

El-Cabong, thanks for your help last night. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer.
Old 01-06-05, 11:33 AM

I still play on Justice:
Quick Blade - 34 scrapper
Carbonation - 30 defender
Reheat - 22 blaster
Kelly Angels - 17 Controller
Frozen Armor - 9 Tank

Look me up some time. Quick Blade and Carbonation are my 2 mains that I really play.
Old 01-06-05, 11:49 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

I quit playing on Freedom 3 months ago after the release of Issue 2 and the respec feature. I totally nerfed my lvl 43 blaster with new powers and just gave up.

I may reactivate to check out the new issue and perhaps powerlevel to 50 to try the new archtype, but I'll probably just wait for Issue 4 or City of Villians.
Old 01-06-05, 01:08 PM
Suspended

El-Cabong, thanks for your help last night. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer.
Hey, no problem. Gimmie a shout next time youre on and we'll see if we cant do round two.
Old 01-06-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still play on Liberty. My play comes and goes, sometimes I get sick of it and go away for a week or two, sometimes I can't wait to play. I tend to solo more than anything - so I get pissed at these "bring a friend" missions that require things like simultaneous boimb disarming
Old 01-06-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I might stay on just long enough to get on The City of Villians beta. I better check to see exactly when that is how to get on. I heard that anyone that been on a year or more has a automatic slot.
Old 01-12-05, 07:16 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

All right, I'm getting broadband again to check out the new expansion pack. I'm going to respec my blaster and get him to 50 to unlock the new archtypes. Is there an official DVDTalk server for my new character or is everyone spread out?
Old 01-12-05, 10:38 AM
Suspended

Well, it would seem that a majority of the active folks are over on Justice. But we never really said one way or another.

Ah hell - I'll say it: The official DVDTalk server is indeed Justice. Let it be so!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.