Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Invader Zim Release Date Push

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Invader Zim Release Date Push

I usually try to keep as up to date as I can on DVD release dates I'm interested in. I was seeing which week Invader Zim's box sets come out in January, so I save a little cash between now and then... and it seems that they are both due to be released in April... Amazon's Information .
Old 12-30-04, 11:15 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two questions related to this Amazon information.

1. It appears that two box sets with different prices are available. Is it going to be possible to buy just the box with the extra disc? I already own the first two volumes and have held out on buying the third volume because of the censored Christmas episode, which brings me to my next question.

2. Also listed on Amazon are two mini-discs. Could one of them be the un-censored version of the Christmas episode? I read about Media Blasters possibly releasing this to make amends to all of the fans that had bought the third volume expecting the un-censored episode. If this is the case, does anyone know what is on the second mini-disc that is offered?
Old 12-30-04, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) To answer your first question:

Invader Zim Box With Extra Disc ($29.95)
- this is just the empty box with the disc of special features

Invader Zim Box Full With Extra Disc ($129.95)
- this is the same empty box w/ the disc of special features, but it also contains all three of the already releases volumes

2) To answer your second questions: No.

Media Blasters may quietly re-release the 3rd volume with the corrected christmas episode, but it's not going to be on these mini-discs. It takes a while to find and correct the episode, not to mention produce the new volume, etc, etc. Besides that, these mini-discs are nothing more than novelty items.
Old 12-30-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHY PIGGY WHY!!!! I LOVEDID YOU!!! I LOVEDID YOU GOOOD!!!!!!

also note that the box will contain the Gir in duty mode figure with the blue-ish color. I will also note that the action figures are out now and they fuck'n rock!