Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

GITS2 Innocence R3 Korean

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 01:59 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for real datas of this 2 dvd with DTS 6.1ES version.Koreandvds annonce no english sub;But they often give wrong datas ....If someone can find news about it....
thanks
Old 12-30-04, 11:14 AM

sites in korea often put wrong info about subs, leading people into (or out of) buying something... then the purchaser and sites find out the hard way the info was wrong. i suggest yesasia.com via email will actually go out of their way to find the correct info for you.

i say no subtitles. for the same reason the japanese didnt : cos of the clash with the usa release license.
Old 12-31-04, 03:22 AM
Cool New Member

I got this answer from dvdfromkorea.com:

"Unfortunately there is no English subtitle in "Innocence" DVD. Usually Japanese copyright holder (especially Anime side) do not approve K-DVD publisher to include English subtitle in RC3 DVD."

Too bad for the DTS track
Old 12-31-04, 03:33 AM

Thats weird that Japanese copyright holders wouldnt include english subtitles, I dont see any logical reason behind it (unless of course the japanese version has subtitles, which would take away from sales), without subtitles they just seem like a similar (Yet cheaper) product to the Japanese releases, unless of course they dont want subtitles included to perhaps help along the sale of the rights to a US Company (Claiming them full english-subtitle rights)..

Either way, I just bought the US version yesterday (I already own the japanese one), and its not as annoying as it sounds (I only watched a few minutes of it so far). Reading about it, it does seem real bad, but actually seeing it, it doesnt seem to interfere/distract too much (Thats not to say I would have completely preferred a regular subtitle track, and even moreso, a Dub)
Old 12-31-04, 04:54 AM

theres loads of great korean issues of anime : and most dont have english subs, so its seems the cost of licensing might be cheaper for korea or the amount licensed is great for some other reason... no english subs means the license for other english speaking countries still has some value / worth...
Old 12-31-04, 07:38 AM

Theres only 1 reason, the rights were sold to america and other countries thru Dreamworks and part of that deal was no subs on other versions, so Dreamworks get maximum cash.