Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Nintendo DS at Blockbuster?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-27-04, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have almost $200 in Blockbuster gift cards and was thinking of getting a Nintendo DS with it, since their DVD box sets are all a lot more expensive.
There aren't any GameRush stores near me though, and the website doesn't seem to have them to order.

Has anyone bought one at a Blockbuster store? Is the price also marked up a lot? Is there a item# someone could give me so I can try giving it to the BB closest to my house to order for me?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 12-27-04, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Geist
Has anyone bought one at a Blockbuster store? Is the price also marked up a lot?
This is just an educated guess (since my DS purchase was at a Game Rush, instead of at a solo Blockbuster), but based on their entire history selling other consoles, it will be the exact same price found at any other retail chain... $149, in this case.

And I can't imagine the price being different at Game Rush vs non-Game Rush locations.
Old 12-27-04, 04:20 PM

Thanks, sounds like the perfect use for the credit then!

Any chance you have your GameRush receipt laying around? Maybe it has an item# I can use to get my Blockbuster to order it for me.
Old 12-28-04, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
It is the exact same price (150) as anywhere else, I got it with my DVD-trade-in credit when it first came out.
Old 12-28-04, 11:15 AM

Cool, thanks. Unfortunately, the girl at my local Blockbuster told me they can't order anything like that. She didn't sound convincing but there was no one else around to verity this with.

I also looked at their site and there are no GameRush stores anywhere within driving distance. I called one just out of state hoping to get an item# I could use to present a more cooperative Blockbuster employee, but I was told that they are not allowed to give out order information to customers.

So I have the credit and the will, just no help from anyone that works for the company to get one.