Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Lost info [CONTAINS SPOILERS]

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-04, 01:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
New Lost info [CONTAINS SPOILERS]

from aintitcool:

“Lost” returns from its month-long hiatus on Jan. 5 (the first episode of 2005 leads into the fourth-season premiere of “Alias”), and there’s loads of intriguing elements to which we can look forward. Claire and her abductor will remain hidden, Jin’s wife will vanish, the giant monster will return in three episodes, we’ll learn a shocking truth about Shannon and Boone’s past, and Drew Goddard is scripting the next Sawyer-centric ‘sode.
How things appear to shake out now, flashback-wise:
1.1/2 Flight’s End
1.3 Kate
1.4 Locke
1.5 Jack
1.6 Jim & Sun
1.7 Charlie
1.8 Sawyer
1.9 Sayid
1.10 Claire
1.11 Jack II
1.12 Kate II
1.13 Boone & Shannon
1.14 Michael & Walt
1.15 Charlie II
1.16 Sawyer II?
1.17 ?
1.18 Hurley

That’s right. Hurley will be the last of the regulars to get a flashback episode. And he doesn’t get it until Jack, Kate, Charlie and likely Sawyer have had two. Series co-creator Damon Lindelof visited the Fuselage fansite Tuesday night and promised we’d get “a SHOCKER of a flashback” for young Hugo Reyes.

So what could be so shocking about Hurley?

Last edited by EEz28; 12-27-04 at 12:08 PM. Reason: change title
Old 12-25-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
He was skinny when he got on the plane?
Old 12-26-04, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly, I'd be shocked if he didn't have some deep, dark secret or sordid past like all of the others.
Old 12-26-04, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Frankly, I'd be shocked if he didn't have some deep, dark secret or sordid past like all of the others.
Haha. The flashback should totally be him doing mundane things like eating cereal, sleeping, or playing videogames.
Old 12-27-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
boone and shannon either aren't brother and sister and are really "together", or they have some incestuous stuff in their past... good tv!
Old 12-27-04, 09:43 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You might want to specify in the subject header that this thread contains spoilers.

I thought the new info was going to be about scheduling, casting, that sort of thing.
Old 12-27-04, 11:57 AM

I hope 1.17 is either a Locke II or a Claire II
Old 12-27-04, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Triple S
Haha. The flashback should totally be him doing mundane things like eating cereal, sleeping, or playing videogames.
And going to the bathroom allot.

I think they should show him thin and then do time lapse about 3 times and show him big.

But seriously. Maybe he is behind it somehow?
Old 12-27-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
You might want to specify in the subject header that this thread contains spoilers.

I thought the new info was going to be about scheduling, casting, that sort of thing.
I always assume any vague thread title like this has spoilers, but its certainly a good idea to include it in the title for those clicking around.

Future shows sound promising, looking forward to a second season (which I assume is going to happen!) I wonder if they'll do more flashback episodes next season.
Old 12-27-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho

I closed my eyes as soon as I saw what it was and scrolled down a ways. I didn't see everything, but I saw enough to have some hints.
Old 12-28-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigsierra
I closed my eyes as soon as I saw what it was and scrolled down a ways. I didn't see everything, but I saw enough to have some hints.

You should not have to close your eyes. We have a sticky that talks about spoilers and posting.
Old 12-28-04, 09:49 AM

What happened to replaying all of the first episodes to get caught up to where we are now. I remember someone saying that they will replay the first episodes until like febuary or something because the new episodes werent ready yet? It was prolly wrong info, nothing new, just wondering tho.
Old 12-28-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
You should not have to close your eyes. We have a sticky that talks about spoilers and posting.
In spite of the "sticky," there were spoilers in the post.
Old 12-29-04, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was thinking....after the fat guy was talking about how someone on the island wasn't on the flight list maybe the shocking twist for him is....he really is the person who was on the island already!
Old 12-29-04, 08:37 AM

Even though we still haven't seen Hurley on the plane, its impossible that he's been on the island for too long..... he knows about the Gulf War, Star Wars, etc.

I suppose its possible that he arrived on the island before the plane crash for some other reason, but he hasn't been on the island since he was a kid.
Old 12-29-04, 10:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry i didnt put "spolier" in the title when i first posted it, but for those who dont want to know anything more about the show other then when its going to air next why are you clicking on a thread that says "new lost info"?
Old 12-29-04, 11:48 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EEz28
Sorry i didnt put "spolier" in the title when i first posted it, but for those who dont want to know anything more about the show other then when its going to air next why are you clicking on a thread that says "new lost info"?

That's the eternal mystery of why spoiler warnings are necessary in the first place.

Some people just can't resist clicking I guess and need the extra safe guard.
Old 12-29-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm clicky crazy. How could I help myself? It contained the word "Lost", and it's been far too long since I've seen a new episode. hehe

I don't mind small spoilers. It just had more than I expected was why I didn't read down too far.
Old 02-01-05, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Here's some information on Hurley, from Kristin at EOnline: http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/050124d.html

From Terri: When will Hurley's backstory be shown on Lost? He's hysterical!

Very soon. I know all the deets. How much you wanna know on a scale of one to 10? The end is a great reveal.

From chloe1292: Seven!

Puuurrrfect, that's where I like to aim. Okay, Hurley ep, we find out that he
Spoiler:
had a huge life-altering experience before coming on the plane, the number-one thing Americans dream about, but that it ended up being the worst thing that could have happened because the experience was somehow cursed. It hurt everyone he loved--and that curse is tied to the island. And, dun dun dun, the hatch.
Cryptic enough for ya? Let's just say it's going to be amazing. From the sound of it, right up there with the Locke episode.
Gotta say, the first part seems to fit the character, but the other parts, namely having to do with
Spoiler:
the island and the hatch
are somewhat puzzling.

And this on Shannon and Boone:

From rrspike147: Gah! Lost! The Boone! And the creepy! And the wiggins! The wiggins! Kristin?

Gah! I know! There are developments coming up
Spoiler:
on Shannon's love life, yes, and the Boone thang is not going away. At the Globes, Maggie told me, "You'll see more between Shannon and Boone. It may never die." She also told me, "You'll see more of the connections between the characters and their pasts, and where our lives intersected before the plane crash."

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 02-01-05 at 02:50 AM.
Old 02-01-05, 10:49 AM

Are we down to just 4 new episodes?
1.15 Charlie II
1.16 Sawyer II?
1.17 ?
1.18 Hurley
Old 02-01-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
ign.com reported a while back that it was picked up for a full 22 episode season. So there should be 4 more after that.
Old 02-01-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Since they announced the DVDs will be out this summer, I may stop watching and wait for that. Who am I kidding??? I'm hooked
Old 02-01-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I work at the ABC affiliate in Hawaii (KITV) in the news department. I was lucky enough to be able to visit the set of "Lost" for a day. It was only for one scene, but it was for the episode with Hurley. So the only "star" I saw was Jorge Garcia. He's a cool guy. I think he's a pretty good actor. Most of the takes he did straight through without stopping.

I don't know EVERYTHING about the episode since I only saw one scene. But, what I do know I guess I can share.

If you REALLY want to know some of the information, you can e-mail me. Like I said, I haven't seen the WHOLE script but know enough to piece the information together.
Old 02-01-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
or you can post it here with spoiler tags!

as for the 1.17 episode, i believe it is a
Spoiler:
Jin Episode

and the 1.19 episode is a
Spoiler:
Locke episode, entitled Deux ex Machina

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-01-05 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-01-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
or you can post it here with spoiler tags!

as for the 1.17 episode, i believe it is a
Spoiler:
Jin Episode
And the title is
Spoiler:
...in Translation

Classic.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.