Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Eternal Sunshine CE (jan 04)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-04, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eternal Sunshine CE (jan 04)

Ive looked around and can find very little info on the 2D set coming out on jan 04 for Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind CE, just wondering if anyone know all the *New* extras that will be on there so i can decide if its worth double dipping. i love this movie but sometimes hate d.d. for a few extras. thanks!
Old 12-24-04, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure it just includes the original release and the soundtrack to the movie.
Old 12-24-04, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chaza
I'm pretty sure it just includes the original release and the soundtrack to the movie.
No.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...6x%3D0%26y%3D0
Old 12-24-04, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Features:
A Look Inside Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
A Conversation With Jim Carrey and Director Michel Gondry
Feature Commentary with Michel Gondry and Writer Charlie Kaufman
Deleted Scenes
Polyphonic Spree "Light & Day" Music Video
Lacuna Commercial

Bonus Disc
Inside the Mind of Michel Gondry
Anatomy Of A Scene: Saratoga Avenue
A Conversation With Kate Winslet and Michel Gondry
Additional Deleted Scenes
Old 12-24-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
well that just blows.
Old 12-24-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i wonder if this has to do with putting it back in the public eye just about oscar nomination time....hmnmmmm
Old 12-24-04, 07:32 PM

Is the current release barebones?
Old 12-24-04, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by angryyoungman
Is the current release barebones?
It is the same as Disc 1 of the CE.
Old 12-24-04, 08:54 PM

I am selling my original release one on ebay now. I will be surprised if it meets the reserve price. ($12.00)

This is the most ridiculous example of money-grubbing multiple releases I've ever seen.

The first one came out three months and one week before the special edition.

Damnit.
Old 12-24-04, 09:53 PM

where can i find it for the cheapest? or does anyone think it will go on sale at best buy release week?
Old 12-24-04, 10:08 PM

In this particular case: I don't see how you guys can complain about a double dip. It was announced when the 1disc came out. They didn't spring this on you. We had the choice to wait or buy because we had all the information.

That's why I've waited, and I'm glad the wait will be worth it. I loved this movie in the theater and I can't wait for that commentary.
Old 12-25-04, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by shawagg
In this particular case: I don't see how you guys can complain about a double dip. It was announced when the 1disc came out. They didn't spring this on you. We had the choice to wait or buy because we had all the information.

That's why I've waited, and I'm glad the wait will be worth it. I loved this movie in the theater and I can't wait for that commentary.
Completely untrue. The DVD was released on September 28. The press release on DVDAnswers is dated October 19. If you search through the posts here on the messageboard, you'll even see the first discussion of the 2-disc double dip occurs around then. This WAS sprung on us after less than a month of the disc being on shelves. We were not given a heads-up or a choice to wait. I don't see how you could've known to wait unless you had a really good premonition or inside information or something or are just misremembring things. But at least you're one of the lucky fans of this movie who saved a few bucks by not buying it on the release date.

I'm pretty pissed about this double dip myself, especially since I know I'm going to end up buying it anyway (I love the Anatomy of a Scene features). Buying the first edition of this movie, for me, was like flushing money down a toilet, since I know I won't be able to eBay it for what I paid for it.

I usually just grin and bear it when it comes to the inevitability of double dips, but this one is really infuriating on so many levels.
Old 12-25-04, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Not to mention that when the talk of the double dip was around it was only talk for a collectors edition with soundtrack and I believe script or something like that.

taking this to add extras only a few months after release is really crappy.
Old 12-25-04, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by CloudVader
Completely untrue. The DVD was released on September 28. The press release on DVDAnswers is dated October 19. If you search through the posts here on the messageboard, you'll even see the first discussion of the 2-disc double dip occurs around then. This WAS sprung on us after less than a month of the disc being on shelves. We were not given a heads-up or a choice to wait. I don't see how you could've known to wait unless you had a really good premonition or inside information or something or are just misremembring things. But at least you're one of the lucky fans of this movie who saved a few bucks by not buying it on the release date.

I'm pretty pissed about this double dip myself, especially since I know I'm going to end up buying it anyway (I love the Anatomy of a Scene features). Buying the first edition of this movie, for me, was like flushing money down a toilet, since I know I won't be able to eBay it for what I paid for it.

I usually just grin and bear it when it comes to the inevitability of double dips, but this one is really infuriating on so many levels.

Well I knew somehow that I should wait. Maybe it was just a feeling or maybe I did read it somewhere. I can't say for sure.... but, sometimes I think of stuff and it comes true. You know that deja vu feeling you get, well when I was younger it used to scare the shit out of me at how often it happened.... I'm probably making too much of it.
Old 12-25-04, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

sounds like you are.
Old 12-25-04, 03:38 AM

I've got this preordered from Amazon, I was more excited when it was announced with the soundtrack, as I'd probably get more use out of that then the bonus features which I may watch once, if that.
Old 12-25-04, 10:53 AM

I'll just rent the bonus disc.....I don't want that horrid new cover anyway. How many words or praise can they smack on one cover?
Old 12-25-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am a sucker for bonus features and having the best version possible of movies I really enjoy. This was my favorite movie of last year and had I known a newer version would be coming out so soon, I would've skipped the initial release and just rented it. I really think I'm going to pass on this double dip, at least till a price drop or I can find a really good deal on it. Of course, with the regular 1-disc out at the same time, a price drop doesn't seem very likely. Double dips don't always piss me off, but this one is just friggin' ridiculous.

K
Old 12-25-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't know about this special edition until recently and would have been annoyed had I picked up the first version only to hear about this version. It's good to hear that a special edition is coming due, so I'll pick this up since I'm coming into some new found gift cards for Christmas.

This was my favorite movie of this year ( I haven't seen any of the fall/winter Oscar seeking films, but I doubt it will be displaced by many if any once I get the chance to see them - I'm hoping for a nomination for Carrey).
Old 12-25-04, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is bullshit. What a crappy thing to do to all the people who bought the dvd and supported the film.
Old 12-25-04, 03:09 PM

Hey, I agree with you guys on this one.
Luckily I haven't bought the film yet. It took FOREVER for me to finally get it off of Netflix and found out that I loved it enough to own it. Once it came time to buy it, I found out about this 2D release. The reason I didn't buy the first release was because I didn't see it in theatres (wanted to but no time) and I didn't want to buy the DVD without renting it because I'm not always a fan of kauffmans work. Adaptation was okay but I really hated Being John Malkovich (even though he rules). Anyway, I'll be picking this up because it was my favorite movie of the year.
Old 12-25-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a typical double dip. No tears here, I'll probably pick it up.
Old 12-25-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
My favorite film of the year. I might double-dip if I have some GCs leftover.
Old 12-25-04, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

will double dip as well, however, when it was announced (after the street date of the original) the extra disc was thought to be the soundtrack (making it much easier to skip).

shabby, if you ask me.

kms
Old 12-27-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I bought the original when it came out, but haven't gotten around to opening it and watching it (even though I love the movie).

I'll just return the unopened original and get the CE.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.