Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Level 2 & 3 warnings all over Ohio!

woofman
12-23-04, 07:36 AM
Just as I was trying to chisel my way into my truck through a very thick coat of ice, my boss called and said we're on a two hour delay. The local news channels saying level 2 & 3 warnings all over the state, and over 170,00 people are without power in Columbus alone! Some places have received over 17 inches of snow already! My work is under a level 3 warning which means emergency vehicles only or you can get ticketed if caught driving. I can't really see a cop sitting out there right now pulling people over, but I'll have to go in either way since I'm considered "critical staff" where I work. Gotta love the banking/credit union industry! Be safe out there today kids!

Forum Troll
12-23-04, 08:00 AM
Must be bad, they just emailed us here (at Hill AFB) that Wright Patterson AFB is closed due to the snow. That's a rare occurence.

buckeyefan
12-23-04, 08:10 AM
15" so far here. Got an extra day off added to my vacation thats starting tomorrow. I'm off til January 3 now!

Third Baseman
12-23-04, 08:12 AM
35 INCHES SO FAR HERE!

Not really. BUT, we are getting crazy wind + plus which is suppose to turn to snow by noon or something. :up:

AND I'M WORKING OUTSIDE TODAY AND TOMORROW. :(

glassdragon
12-23-04, 09:19 AM
i had to stay at work longer as my replacement was in a level 3 and couldn't drive... i'm tired as hell

Lateralus
12-23-04, 10:14 AM
Well at least everybody over there got a White Christmas, here in PA we got rain, lots and lots of rain.

DGibFen
12-23-04, 10:22 AM
Yeah, it's pretty nuts here in KY. Louisville got around 8-10 inches of snow, but if you drive an hour or so east, there's next to nothing on the ground in the state.

30 miles south of Louisville an entire county lost power due to freezing rain!

Yeah, just a crazy storm in this area. At least we'll have a rare White Christmas this year.

madara
12-23-04, 10:27 AM
Damn, stop being so greedy! Here is wisconsin we have nothing :(

devilshalo
12-23-04, 10:28 AM
I hate the friggin' cold. It's 46 here this morning in California and I had to turn my damn_heater on. Brrrrrr! :mad:

I guess I shouldn't sleep in just shorts and a t-shirt. :o

:p

monkey42
12-23-04, 10:41 AM
Forum Troll,

WPAFB closed at 1 yesterday, and of course again today. It isn't too rare for it to be closed. It was closed for a snow day last year.

ChiTownAbs, Inc
12-23-04, 10:42 AM
pics

X
12-23-04, 05:47 PM
It was about 70 in Northern California today. The car was so hot after I went shopping I had to have the air conditioning on all the way home.

Cygnet74
12-23-04, 05:54 PM
and in southern california... it's nice out. went for a stroll thru the park on my lunch hour, laid in the grass, watched the clouds float by...

MonkeyG
12-23-04, 06:26 PM
Just got back from Oahu a couple days ago. It's freezing in L.A.! :D

Trelach24
12-23-04, 06:28 PM
I want snow! :grunt:

sfsdfd
12-23-04, 06:30 PM
The east side of Cleveland hasn't been hit as badly (surprising, since we usually have lake-effect goodness added to the merriment.) Even so, I had to dig my car out of the snow this morning. Literally, the snow reached up over the hood of my car - it was just one flat sheet of snow in front of the bottom of the windshield.

My girlfriend's family in a southeast suburb of Columbus is without power, so she had to postpone her trip home for the holidays.

- David Stein

Trigger
12-23-04, 06:51 PM
Sunny and kinda breezy here today - all this means to me is a good spring ski season. :)

jaeufraser
12-23-04, 07:59 PM
and in southern california... it's nice out. went for a stroll thru the park on my lunch hour, laid in the grass, watched the clouds float by...

Yeah, ain't it nice here? I lived in snow, and I sure don't miss it!

The Cow
12-23-04, 08:03 PM
My part of Dayton got about 15-17" it seems. I love the snow, so this is great, but it was a bitch to dig out in front of the driveway after the plows came by.

BizRodian
12-23-04, 08:30 PM
Ice storms + Christmas travellers = NO FUN AT THE AIRPORT.

mikehunt
12-23-04, 10:03 PM
Well at least everybody over there got a White Christmas, here in PA we got rain, lots and lots of rain.

it was raining like a bitch at 11am today. then it all froze and we got about 2 snow flakes

Third Baseman
12-23-04, 10:05 PM
Sigh.... they lied! All we got today was hard wind, some rain/bluffs of snow/ice.

In the end. Just a cold day at work. :(

Buford T Pusser
12-24-04, 02:26 AM
The east side of Cleveland hasn't been hit as badly (surprising, since we usually have lake-effect goodness added to the merriment.) Even so, I had to dig my car out of the snow this morning. Literally, the snow reached up over the hood of my car - it was just one flat sheet of snow in front of the bottom of the windshield.

My girlfriend's family in a southeast suburb of Columbus is without power, so she had to postpone her trip home for the holidays.

- David Stein

I thought you moved out of the Cleveland area. :confused:

orangerory
12-24-04, 03:15 AM
I flew into Memphis - man, they got hit with a pretty bad ice storm. The roads are horrible here. I don't think there's a plow in the entire city. I was on one of the last flights in from Charlotte yesterday - of course, my bags didn't make it. Friggin airport - no bag office, you have to go wait in line with all the people with cancelled flights. What a mess! So, getting nowhere on the phone or internet today, I said screw it and drove up to the airport to see if my bags were in (one had clothes, one had presents).

Of course, one of my bags is sitting behind the counter. They don't know where the other one is (no scanners in Memphis - only in Charlotte). But, they say a plane just came in from Charlotte. I'm not holding my breath but I go down to check - thank god, after 10 minutes or so it came out.

Yeah - clean clothes... presents...

I hate Memphis and I hate US Air. (not really - but US Air will be hearing from me - I better get a coupon or free ticket or sumthin) We also had the crazy flight attendant from hell. I mean, the woman was seriously out of it. She definitely needed a xanax or something.

The Cow
12-24-04, 03:17 AM
She definitely needed a xanax or something.
You may wanna consider your own advice... -wink-

nightmaster
12-24-04, 03:53 PM
Yeah, it's pretty nuts here in KY. Louisville got around 8-10 inches of snow, but if you drive an hour or so east, there's next to nothing on the ground in the state.

30 miles south of Louisville an entire county lost power due to freezing rain!

Yeah, just a crazy storm in this area. At least we'll have a rare White Christmas this year.

Its just as bad in Southern Indiana. 16 inches of snow on the ground at my house, 80 miles north of Louisville.