DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : DVDHeaven.com Lowers Shipping

Bill Geiger
12-22-04, 03:58 AM
I was just checking out dvdheaven.com and noticed that their shipping prices are more on par with Koreandvds.com . Mind you, Koreandvds.com does hold an advantage of some of their discs (mainly superbits) being better priced. One advantage that dvdheaven holds is they accept paypal which might be better for some.

I am posting this because in the past the big holdup from ordering from them was their shipping costs. Just to check, I added 4 items to my cart, with 1 title being a two disc and the total for shipping was $9. Much better than the 16 or so they were charging several months back.

DrGerbil
12-22-04, 04:08 AM
:thumbsup:

marty888
12-22-04, 07:46 AM
I'll have to revisit them. That shipping cost ($9) matches exactly what I just paid for shipping at Layoyo for a similar order.

Subgeniusguy
12-22-04, 04:43 PM
Long overdue. Their high shipping has been what has preventing me from buying from them.

cine
12-22-04, 08:47 PM
I priced out the cheapest shipping option for 4 titles: it's $9 for "Small Packet (Air)". Their popup window for this option says "delivery time is 30-60 days" and they are not "responsible for loss". Any experience on how fast and reliable this shipping option is?

movieking
12-22-04, 09:24 PM
"delivery time is 30-60 days"

That is ridiculous. Better off spending the extra couple of bucks to get it in a timely fashion.

Bill Geiger
12-22-04, 09:57 PM
That is what it says, but that is to cover their ass in case of a customs delay (just like koreandvds). It does say 7-15 says normally.

murphy_wmm
12-22-04, 10:25 PM
That is what it says, but that is to cover their ass in case of a customs delay (just like koreandvds). It does say 7-15 says normally.

That's what I think, too. When I emailed them, they said I should get it within a week or so. In fact, you can contact them directly via MSN if you have any questions which is very nice. I just ordered some stuff via the small packet shipping and I got a tracking number and everything... so we'll see how it goes. I just couldn't turn down getting "Jamon Jamon" and "The Girl on the Bridge" (two films I've wanted for awhile now) for $5 each! :D

LeRoy
12-23-04, 04:14 PM
Do they still only accept PayPal? I hate using that.

murphy_wmm
12-29-04, 05:36 PM
Yeah, they still only have PayPal, but it's not that bad...

I got my order from them today. It took a little over a week ( a little bit longer because of the Xmas holidays; there was no mail delivery the past couple of days). It was very well-packed, big envelope and very well protected so they arrived in perfect order. They even sent me a little gift... a promo copy of "Lost in Translation" ( i am assuming it is a promo, as it is sealed in a jewel case without any artwork). I guess they gave me something extra cuz my order kept getting delayed.. but overall I am very happy with them. They have some great sales, so by all means, take advantage of it!

digitalfreaknyc
12-29-04, 05:37 PM
What mail service did you use?

Bill Geiger
12-29-04, 06:46 PM
It appears given his post above Craig that he use the cheapest option.

murphy_wmm
12-30-04, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I used the cheapest option they had. The order shipped on the 17th and I got it on the 29th. Of course, I also have to keep in mind there was no mail delivery the past two days, and none on christmas eve. So, it basically took a week. I'd check them out, they seem to be the cheapest place for Korean dvd's, and they have lots of good sales on. I got "Jamon Jamon" and "The Girl on the Bridge" for $4.90 each!! Next, I want to order "3-Iron"... they have the set for $18.60 whereas most sites are charging $23.95 or more for it.

dmpre99
01-02-05, 05:52 PM
Can anyone who ordered from dvdheaven how fast they process your order (i.e. ship). Thanks

murphy_wmm
01-04-05, 12:32 PM
They shipped my items two days after they came in stock.

dmpre99
01-04-05, 05:22 PM
They shipped my items two days after they came in stock.

really well they are amazing slow with mine that i am considering reporting fraud to paypal. They havent answered any of my five emails. Does anyone know their msn screenname. Thanks

tmy727
01-04-05, 09:36 PM
really well they are amazing slow with mine that i am considering reporting fraud to paypal. They havent answered any of my five emails. Does anyone know their msn screenname. Thanks

Exactly how long have it been? Remember Holidays may add a bit of a delay. I was checking out their prices and they seem to be very low compared to thedvdective.com. I am seriously considering giving them a try.

digitalfreaknyc
01-04-05, 10:41 PM
Anyone is low compared to DVDdetective. they jack up their prices a lot. Really nice and good communication but really bad prices.

Bill Geiger
01-04-05, 11:34 PM
Gotta remember, they are trying to make a profit as well as cover their shipping charges.

murphy_wmm
01-04-05, 11:37 PM
MSN screen-name is:
hyomin21@hotmail.com

He's online right now, he should be able to help you. :)

Sifu
01-05-05, 12:09 AM
Anyone is low compared to DVDdetective. they jack up their prices a lot. Really nice and good communication but really bad prices.

You've obviously never shopped at hkflix, poker industries, or pretty much any other shop in the US that sells Korean dvd's.

It's really kind of dumb to compare the prices of Korean DVD's between a site in the US and a site in Korea. It's like going to a site in Korea that sells R1 DVD's and wondering why their prices are more than deepdiscountdvd. :lol:

tmy727
01-05-05, 08:18 AM
So for those in the US... where's the most popular places you normally place orders for Korean, Japanese, etc. releases? Sure, places like layoyo.com and koreandvds.com have decent prices, but when I tally the average up with overseas shipping... that usually kills the deal.

digitalfreaknyc
01-05-05, 09:03 AM
You've obviously never shopped at hkflix, poker industries, or pretty much any other shop in the US that sells Korean dvd's.

It's really kind of dumb to compare the prices of Korean DVD's between a site in the US and a site in Korea. It's like going to a site in Korea that sells R1 DVD's and wondering why their prices are more than deepdiscountdvd. :lol:

Of course I understand why their prices are so high. But I'd also like for you to explain why their shipping prices are so high as well. It's just cheaper to order direct from the country of origin.

dvdheaven.com
01-06-05, 06:25 AM
Dear Members,

I am pleased to communicate with you.
Let me introduce myself first.

My name is hyo min song, marketing manager of dvdheaven.com...

I knew this community site from one of your members today. And I am so glad to see you discuss with our site... ^^

If you are ok, I hope I can help you understand our site through this good space...

dvdheaven.com
01-06-05, 06:32 AM
I believe our price is competitive and charming to you. That is why we sell our goods on same price as the korean domestic market. And our price is the cheapest price in korean market too...

We would like to supply our goods to you and we hope you enjoy our dvds.

So, if you have any question or if you find anything that we need to be changed or advanced, please do not hesitate to contact us.

My MSN ID is hyomin21@hotmail.com...
Welcome you anytime...^^

One more thing...
If you are ok, i want to introduce our goods on this website. Please let me know your opinion of this issue...

Thanks...

Best Regards,
Hyo Min Song
=======================
Marketing Team Manager
DVDheaven
-----------------------
Tel : 82-2-455-9861
E-mail : b2b@dvdheaven.com
MSN Messenger : hyomin21@hotmail.com

Trigger
01-06-05, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the forum... if you want to advertise here, you'll have to speak with the guy who runs the site - Geoff. There are rules about such things. Other than that, it'll be nice to be able to have you around to field questions.

I normally buy my Korean DVDs from Yesasia or Koreandvds.com or DVDFromKorea.com - I was about to order from you guys, but noticed the shipping cost put you as more expensive than the others. This was before you lowered the shipping costs though. I'll be sure to check your site again before I place my next order.

dvdheaven.com
01-06-05, 07:00 AM
Thanks for your advice. I will try to contact the webmaster of this forum... ^^
And I will wait for your first order pretty soon...

By the way, we last month contracted to the korean visa company to accept for "verified by visa" on our site. We are developing the payment system now and we can probably accept "verified by visa" from the mid of this month...^^

I hope you like this news...

Trigger
01-06-05, 07:10 AM
Here's who you need to talk to about advertising and promotion - http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/member.php?u=58

Your site has been listed in my sticky thread at the top of the forum since I heard about you - someone here mentioned it.

Verified by Visa - Others may like it, but personally - I find it somewhat of a hassle. I know it's more secure and I like that aspect of it... it's just somewhat annoying to me - more passwords to remember. Anyway, I'm sure other people around here will be happy to hear that.

tmy727
01-06-05, 09:01 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

I was wondering how accurate your inventory is in relation to your online site. In other words, if I purchase a dvd on your site... can I assume that you currently have it IN STOCK and will ship within a reasonable amount of time?

I've experienced some sites that would allow the buyer to checkout... then 3-weeks laters notifying the buyer that it's now being shipped.

Sifu
01-06-05, 10:06 AM
Of course I understand why their prices are so high.
So now you understand? Then it sounds more like this you've got something personal against them. Did you have a bad experience or something?

It's just cheaper to order direct from the country of origin.
That's really not true in all cases. Try ordering any of the heavier sets like Taegukgi, Silmido or both together, from a Korean site, and you'll end up with pretty much the same price, or it will be even more than thedvdetective (if you are in the US).

digitalfreaknyc
01-06-05, 10:29 AM
First off, I understand why their initial prices are so high but NOT their shipping. That was my issue. I have nothing personal against them and the owner has been very nice to me.

Again, I don't buy big boxed sets. I've bought one and the shipping was perfect. The initial $6 shipping fee covers a good amount of discs...4 I think? So order a few at once and you're fine. Still cheaper than DVDdetective.

Either way, i'm probably going to be trying DVDheaven soon as there's a disc coming out this month that I want. If yesasia doesn't put it up soon, I'll try there.

Sifu
01-06-05, 11:54 AM
I have nothing personal against them and the owner has been very nice to me.
I'd hate to see how you talk about retailers you don't like! :lol:

But seriously, everyone has their own preferences, so if you are happy, then that's what counts. I'd rather support domestic companies than save a few dollars here and there, but that's just me.

digitalfreaknyc
01-06-05, 12:40 PM
I'd hate to see how you talk about retailers you don't like! :lol:

But seriously, everyone has their own preferences, so if you are happy, then that's what counts. I'd rather support domestic companies than save a few dollars here and there, but that's just me.

And that's great if that's how you feel. However, whomever has the lowest price gets my business. In this case, that's always been either Koreandvds or yesasia, both of which I'm very happy with. If DVDheaven proves to be quick and cheaper, then I'm all for them. I know it's un-american to support other countries but I can't help it if that's the way I am. :)

Trigger
01-06-05, 02:48 PM
I'm not a fan of DVDdetective either... out of stock on every single item I've wanted and their prices aren't great.

candyrocket786
01-06-05, 04:26 PM

I believe the price flucuations on thedvdetective.com really depend on the various suppliers that he uses.

He had a decent price on The House of Flying Daggers ($39) and he will be selling the New Transformers Set for $64.

...and let's not forget the once, almighty dollar isn't what it use to be.

dvdheaven.com
01-06-05, 08:54 PM
I was wondering how accurate your inventory is in relation to your online site. In other words, if I purchase a dvd on your site... can I assume that you currently have it IN STOCK and will ship within a reasonable amount of time?

We do our best to make all of our online inventory data accurate, however, it is not easy... So sometimes we should send email to our customers on which we notice what is not prepared and when it will be prepared, something like that... This email is usually sent to them within 1 week after we checked their payment.

For your reference, at the end of month and the first of month we can not be easy to prepare specific goods, for almost of the production company do not supply their goods to the distributers.

By the way, we will do our best for the fast shipping...^^
Thanks...

cine
01-06-05, 11:29 PM
By the way, we last month contracted to the korean visa company to accept for "verified by visa" on our site. We are developing the payment system now and we can probably accept "verified by visa" from the mid of this month...^^

Do you have any plan to accept Mastercard?

Bill Geiger
01-07-05, 01:17 AM
Would love to see the prices on Superbits matched or beaten by dvdheaven compared to koreandvds.com

dvdheaven.com
01-07-05, 01:41 AM
Because in this time, we trust only on "verified by visa" service for the payment, we will not accept other card for the time being. However, we heard mastercard was also developing the security module for online payment. So, when their solution is proved to be reliable, we will accept it also...^^

Regarding to the price of Superbits on koreandvds.com, I'm afraid not to follow their price. Recently I found their price was very cheap when our customers also complained our price of them, compared to koreandvds.com.

As a matter of fact, their price is something wrong. Even though we contracted to the major distributor of columbia and we were promised that we would received their goods on the cheapest price, but we could not receive them on same price as koreandvds.com. So we begin to have a doubt about their goods.

Anyway, let me try to ask the production company whether we can receive them on cheaper price and supply them to you on competitive price...^^

tmy727
01-07-05, 10:24 AM
whomever has the lowest price gets my business.... If DVDheaven proves to be quick and cheaper, then I'm all for them. I know it's un-american to support other countries but I can't help it if that's the way I am. :)

Ditto.... if prices are close, then I'd rather deal domestically.

I'm not a fan of DVDdetective either... out of stock on every single item I've wanted and their prices aren't great.

I've purchased from the detective before, but have noticed prices creaping upwards. And yes, inventory is pretty bad. I do enjoy checking his Limited Box category though. :)

Bill Geiger
01-07-05, 03:01 PM
Regarding to the price of Superbits on koreandvds.com, I'm afraid not to follow their price. Recently I found their price was very cheap when our customers also complained our price of them, compared to koreandvds.com.

As a matter of fact, their price is something wrong. Even though we contracted to the major distributor of columbia and we were promised that we would received their goods on the cheapest price, but we could not receive them on same price as koreandvds.com. So we begin to have a doubt about their goods.

Anyway, let me try to ask the production company whether we can receive them on cheaper price and supply them to you on competitive price...^^

I have purchased Superbits previously from Koreandvds.com and they were legit...so no need to question their authenticity. I do appreciate the feedback, however, and look forward to seeing what can be done.

tmy727
01-07-05, 04:19 PM
I have purchased Superbits previously from Koreandvds.com and they were legit...so no need to question their authenticity. I do appreciate the feedback, however, and look forward to seeing what can be done.

Same here... took advantage of the koreandvds.com's Superbit Sale, no problems at all. I'm sure many here can vouch for the same.

Trigger
01-07-05, 08:43 PM
koreandvds doesn't sell bootlegs... they must have a special arrangement - much like bestprices has with ADV.

tmy727
01-10-05, 08:34 AM
dvdheaven.com - Are you there? I sent 2 emails requesting for more info. on a couple of dvds on your site. I can't read Korean and was hoping for more info. on them.

Emailed on the 7th... still no replies :(

candyrocket786
01-10-05, 09:23 AM
Try this:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

mrwilson
01-10-05, 10:46 AM
I can't read Korean

They might not be able to read English.

tmy727
01-10-05, 04:16 PM
Thx! -candyrocket-

They might not be able to read English.

Well, if you read the ealier posts.... he's a new member to the forum and looks like he's posting in English.

dvdheaven.com
01-11-05, 03:36 AM
Dear tmy727,

Sorry for our late response.
As I mentioned on my reply email today, we need to ask your questions to each production company. Of course i did so as soon as i received your email and I am waiting for the answers from them.

So, please give me more time to prepare the answer. ^^

mrwilson
01-11-05, 10:23 AM
'They' as in DVDHeaven.com, not the poster.

dvdheaven.com
01-14-05, 09:42 PM
Regarding to Hannibal Collection Boxset which tmy727 asked me by email, let me sumarize that information as below...

=====================
Hannibal (2disc)

Dubbing : English / Brazil
Screen : Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1 , NTSC
Grade : Over 18 years old
Subtitle : Korean / English / Brazil / Thai
Audio : Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Running Time : 132 Min.

Red Dragon (dts-2disc)

Dubbing : English
Screen : Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 , NTSC
Subtitle : Korean / English / Thai / Chinese / Japanese / Spanish / Portugese / Indonesian
Audio : dts & Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Running Time : 124 Min.

Manhunter (1disc)

Dubbing : English / Portugese
Screen : Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 , NTSC
Subtitle : Korean / Portugese
Audio : Dolby Digital 2.0 & Mono
Running Time : 117 Min.
=====================

According to Universal Korea co....
because they have produced Manhunter as 1 disc when they have released it in korea and they have inputed same dvd into Hannibal Collection Boxset, it is 5 disc box...

And they have no idea how many discs are included in this boxset in different region or foreign country. ^^;

dvdheaven.com
01-16-05, 07:31 PM
http://www.dvdheaven.co.kr/goods_detail_image/image_h_20050117_001.gif
http://www.dvdheaven.co.kr/goods_detail_image/image_h_20050117_002.gif
http://www.dvdheaven.co.kr/goods_detail_image/image_h_20050117_003.gif

This dvd is the best seller in this month on our site...

Bill Geiger
01-16-05, 09:11 PM
Great price at 13 bucks!

Trigger
01-16-05, 10:17 PM
I don't want to triple dip on that movie - maybe I'll pick up this version once Kung Fu Hustle comes out.

dvdheaven.com
01-17-05, 08:07 AM
Do you guys happen to be concerned with this goods?

http://www.dvdheaven.co.kr/goods_detail_image/image_h_20050117_004.gif

Trigger
01-17-05, 11:22 AM
what is it?

Bill Geiger
01-17-05, 01:43 PM
Trigger, looks like the ring from Lord Of The Rings

benedict
01-17-05, 01:55 PM
If you are ok, i want to introduce our goods on this website. Please let me know your opinion of this issue...My apologies for not replying sooner: I thought Trigger's follow-up said it all but now I'm not sure whether the message was strong enough.

The site rules are explained when you sign up. Geoff allows some etailers to contribute to "help" threads but anything that looks like advertising or "spamming" is strictly forbidden. There is a page that explains advertising rates if you wish to do what other etailers have done and take out paid advertising here.

If you are in any doubt I would contact Geoff directly.

However, if too many posts appeared by you across a number of threads that were mainly promoting your company I think they would soon disappear and your membership would be at risk.

Benedict
Moderator, International DVD alk

pro-bassoonist
01-17-05, 05:01 PM
If you are in any doubt I would contact Geoff directly.

However, if too many posts appeared by you across a number of threads that were mainly promoting your company I think they would soon disappear and your membership would be at risk.

Benedict
Moderator, International DVD alk

:up::up:

Pro-B

Trigger
01-18-05, 02:30 AM
I thought Trigger's follow-up said it all\

:up: :up:

*pats self on back*

dvdordie
01-18-05, 08:22 AM
I believe our price is competitive and charming to you. That is why we sell our goods on same price as the korean domestic market. And our price is the cheapest price in korean market too...

One more thing...
If you are ok, i want to introduce our goods on this website. Please let me know your opinion of this issue...

Thanks...

Best Regards,
Hyo Min Song
=======================
Marketing Team Manager

First of all, I do NOT see your price to be on the same level as the Korean domestic market as I am in Korea ATM and know my ins & outs of the DVD scene here.

Since Korea is such a small country and every retailers/distributors know each other, they failsafe the retail price some bit and offline, a shop in Technomart has the cheapest DVD price right now from a consumer point of view. (That is why our forum has a Request forum dedicated to receiving requests and fulfilling it if the requester is satisfied with the price quoted)

For example, Failan. This movie is a GREAT movie and although I own one (bought it like 2 years ago or something), it was selling cheap at a local shop I often go to and I bought one just last week to give as a gift to my step brother. They were selling this offline, retail/legit released DVD for 6,000 won which is an equivalent to U$5.50. Now, your site has it for $14 something.

http://www.dvdheaven.com/list_detail.php?g_cat02=1&idx=752

And to add to this thread, I don't know why mods are letting the topic threader to use his ID as it is a way of PROMOTING a site, which I believe dvdtalk is against in the forums. (As you can see, I have deleted the link to our forum from my sig as a mod had deleted. I substituted with a random phrase)

Yakuza Bengoshi
01-18-05, 09:43 AM
koreandvds doesn't sell bootlegs... they must have a special arrangement - much like bestprices has with ADV.

It'd be more accurate to say that koreandvds will remove bootlegs on a case by case basis when specific bootlegs are pointed out to them. They continue to sell bootleg ports of Criterion Collection releases. Such as these:

And God Created Woman (http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=13285)

Umberto D (http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=12601)

Hamlet (http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=11888)

Henry V (http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=25857)

Autumn Sonata (http://koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=9474)

bboisvert
01-18-05, 11:18 AM
Just adding my 2 pennies... I recently placed my first DVDHeaven order (to get the elusive R3 widescreen edition of Remo Williams). It arrived promptly in about 2 weeks, no problems at all.

I can definitely recommend.

cine
02-06-05, 09:28 PM

What is the status of your plan to accept Visa cards?

Bill Geiger
02-06-05, 10:16 PM
go to the site and you'll see they have already implemented it.

mrwilson
02-07-05, 11:12 AM
Yep, I used it last week.

flashburn
02-07-05, 04:46 PM
This is lame. I have been waiting for about 4 days for a response about a refund. They only refunded me the price of the dvd (and to my dvdheaven account no less, instead of to paypal, or to my CC). When I asked about refunding the price of shipping, they have not gotten back to me after several emails. Looks like I am going to have to go through Paypal to get this resolved.

I think I am going to stick with KoreanDVDS from now on, they have much better customer service than this.

Trigger
02-07-05, 05:35 PM
what did you order? what happened?

flashburn
02-07-05, 05:48 PM
what did you order? what happened?

I ordered a few things, one of which included the Starmax release of House of Flying Daggers. After someone in the HOFD thread said it was 'confirmed' that the Mandarin audio track wasn't included, I cancelled that item.
They refunded me the ~$21 for HOFD, when I asked about shipping they said to compare the shipping prices between my original order and it minus HOFD. They implied that there would be no difference in shipping. When I checked, there was nearly a $4.00 difference, I emailed them showing them the difference and have not heard back. I have emailed them several times with no response.

Of course, now I find out that the Mandarin track is indeed included, so I had to order it from another source.

dmpre99
02-07-05, 05:59 PM
dvdheaven is bad with emails and their inventory is almost never updated... They have great prices but bad customer service

tmy727
02-09-05, 08:30 AM
Giving dvdheaven.com a try:

Malena Special Edition (dts-2disc) (Spectrum)
Tube (dts-ES:2disc, Special Case Limited Edition)
Police Story Trilogy Box Set (dts-3disc / Including a picture album) (Spectrum)
Bourne Supremacy Limited Edition (2000 qty)

For what it's worth.... I ordered from dvdheaven.com on 01/07 - 4-weeks later, I received my DVDs. During my email communications, seems like the delay was due to TUBE: LE. They were having a hard time getting the title since it's been OOP.

To their credit, my DVDs arrive in perfect condition in about a week after their shipping confirmation.

Recent Order:

koreandvds.com

Il Mare, A Love Story SE (dts-2Disc, DigiPac) $12.72
Arahan (dts-2Disc) $21.20 US
Cliffhanger SE[Bitwin Best (2Disc) Sale] $4.99 US
Dogville (2Disc) $7.99 US

flashburn
02-09-05, 04:45 PM
I ordered a few things, one of which included the Starmax release of House of Flying Daggers. After someone in the HOFD thread said it was 'confirmed' that the Mandarin audio track wasn't included, I cancelled that item.
They refunded me the ~$21 for HOFD, when I asked about shipping they said to compare the shipping prices between my original order and it minus HOFD. They implied that there would be no difference in shipping. When I checked, there was nearly a $4.00 difference, I emailed them showing them the difference and have not heard back. I have emailed them several times with no response.

Of course, now I find out that the Mandarin track is indeed included, so I had to order it from another source.

I tried to contact Paypal about this, and apparently I am screwed. They only will help if it was a ebay transaction.

What a shitty company. No wonder why they haven't came back to this thread.

Now, basically if I don't want to lose $21 I am forced to order AGAIN from their company.

uvalaw2005
02-09-05, 10:09 PM
Just got my copies of HOFD LE and Ninja Scroll Collector's Edition, well packed and shipped quickly. That's my fourth successful order with DVDHeaven and I have no complaints.

murphy_wmm
02-10-05, 08:59 AM
Hmm... I ordered "Head On" on dvd from them around saturday last week, and they promised me on MSN that it'd be shipped out right away (I expected monday) but it's now thursday and I still haven't got a shipping confirmation, no answer to the email, and the customer service rep hasn't been on MSN since... I dunno, weird, cuz before I never had any trouble getting in contact with them.

tmy727
02-10-05, 09:25 AM
uvalaw.... did you ever get your mileage points from dvdheaven? I've already received my DVDs but have not been credited. I'd like to use it for my next order (including Ninja Scroll CE... great price!)

cine
02-10-05, 10:35 AM
Hmm... I ordered "Head On" on dvd from them around saturday last week, and they promised me on MSN that it'd be shipped out right away (I expected monday) but it's now thursday and I still haven't got a shipping confirmation, no answer to the email, and the customer service rep hasn't been on MSN since... I dunno, weird, cuz before I never had any trouble getting in contact with them.
The big Lunar New Year Holiday takes place this week, potentially causing delay in their service and shipping.

uvalaw2005
02-10-05, 12:16 PM
uvalaw.... did you ever get your mileage points from dvdheaven? I've already received my DVDs but have not been credited. I'd like to use it for my next order (including Ninja Scroll CE... great price!)

Yep, I've gotten mileage points each time. I couldn't tell you how long it takes for them to show up, but the points from my Feb. 1 order are currently available.

murphy_wmm
02-10-05, 03:40 PM
The big Lunar New Year Holiday takes place this week, potetially causing delay in their service and shipping.

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about that, they are celebrating new year's over there. Thanks for the heads up! :D

flashburn
02-10-05, 07:04 PM
DVDHeaven straightened things out for me. The holiday was the reason for me not recieving a response.

murphy_wmm
02-11-05, 09:06 AM
DVDHeaven straightened things out for me. The holiday was the reason for me not recieving a response.

Same for me! I got in contact with them last night and they have shipped out my package today. :D

cine
02-11-05, 09:41 AM
So how did they handle the refund and the shipping overcharge?

flashburn
02-11-05, 04:42 PM
So how did they handle the refund and the shipping overcharge?

Basically, it was a misunderstanding. At the time when I ordered HOFD they did not know the weight of the item, so they charged the standard price. When I went to compute the shipping difference, they had the actual weight, so it was showing up as a difference in shipping, when in reality there was none.

So my only complaint was not recieving a timely response (over a week, and I have to contact through MSN Messenger to get an answer). But, they were courteous and explained the situation. I won't mind ordering from them again, as they shipped the items extremely quick and they even arrived faster than my KoreanDVDs order from around the same time.

Jetjaguar
02-15-05, 10:24 PM
hmmm i tried ordering ninja scoll from them .. but it wont let me create an account .. it just keeps saying page not found ?

cine
03-18-05, 11:42 AM
Do they have an email address for their customer service which they would respond to?

tmy727
03-18-05, 02:48 PM
Do they have an email address for their customer service which they would respond to?

HERE: webmaster@dvdheaven.com

Additional Contact Info:

Hyo Min Song
=======================
Manager / Overseas Marketing Team
DVDheaven
-----------------------
Tel : 82-2-455-9861
E-mail : b2b@dvdheaven.com
MSN Messenger : hyomin21@hotmail.com

I've placed at least 5+ orders with them and have been very happy. Great packaging and very fast shipping. Considering that I'm in CA. and the dvds are coming from Korea.

ps... I have NO affiliation with this site in any way, just satisfied with their service and price. You can check the "WHAT HAVE YOU ORDERED RECENTLY..." thread to see where and what other members are buying.

pigmode
03-18-05, 03:57 PM
hmmm i tried ordering ninja scoll from them .. but it wont let me create an account .. it just keeps saying page not found ?

Same thing happened to me. When i inquired about it, they said it went through, and indeed it did.

blissnbroken
09-23-10, 11:53 PM
I've tried contacting DVDheaven with 3 different email addresses, but I haven't received any response from them. Does anyone know how I can reach them? Here are the emails I've tried: hyomin21@hotmail.com, b2b@dvdheaven.com, webmaster@dvdheaven.com
On the website it says "If you want to ask anything via MSN messenger, please contact us. MSN ID for Live Chat : webmaster@dvdheaven.com (English available) Please do not send email to this address. We don't use it for email." BUT it also says "If you have any question or any problem when you visit to our site, you can send email and ask anything. Email for Q&A : webmaster@dvdheaven.com (English available)" So I tried emailing and contacting them through msn, but nobody seems to come online (even when I follow Korean timing for business hours). I've also tried msn with the hyomin21@hotmail.com address....the result is nothing. I'm hoping somebody from DVDheaven will see this and respond, because this is the only place I've found where they have responded.