Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDHeaven.com Lowers Shipping

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just checking out dvdheaven.com and noticed that their shipping prices are more on par with Koreandvds.com . Mind you, Koreandvds.com does hold an advantage of some of their discs (mainly superbits) being better priced. One advantage that dvdheaven holds is they accept paypal which might be better for some.

I am posting this because in the past the big holdup from ordering from them was their shipping costs. Just to check, I added 4 items to my cart, with 1 title being a two disc and the total for shipping was $9. Much better than the 16 or so they were charging several months back.
Old 12-22-04, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 12-22-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll have to revisit them. That shipping cost ($9) matches exactly what I just paid for shipping at Layoyo for a similar order.
Old 12-22-04, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Long overdue. Their high shipping has been what has preventing me from buying from them.
Old 12-22-04, 08:47 PM

I priced out the cheapest shipping option for 4 titles: it's $9 for "Small Packet (Air)". Their popup window for this option says "delivery time is 30-60 days" and they are not "responsible for loss". Any experience on how fast and reliable this shipping option is?
Old 12-22-04, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"delivery time is 30-60 days"

That is ridiculous. Better off spending the extra couple of bucks to get it in a timely fashion.
Old 12-22-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is what it says, but that is to cover their ass in case of a customs delay (just like koreandvds). It does say 7-15 says normally.
Old 12-22-04, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
That is what it says, but that is to cover their ass in case of a customs delay (just like koreandvds). It does say 7-15 says normally.
That's what I think, too. When I emailed them, they said I should get it within a week or so. In fact, you can contact them directly via MSN if you have any questions which is very nice. I just ordered some stuff via the small packet shipping and I got a tracking number and everything... so we'll see how it goes. I just couldn't turn down getting "Jamon Jamon" and "The Girl on the Bridge" (two films I've wanted for awhile now) for $5 each!
Old 12-23-04, 04:14 PM
Banned

Do they still only accept PayPal? I hate using that.
Old 12-29-04, 05:36 PM

Yeah, they still only have PayPal, but it's not that bad...

I got my order from them today. It took a little over a week ( a little bit longer because of the Xmas holidays; there was no mail delivery the past couple of days). It was very well-packed, big envelope and very well protected so they arrived in perfect order. They even sent me a little gift... a promo copy of "Lost in Translation" ( i am assuming it is a promo, as it is sealed in a jewel case without any artwork). I guess they gave me something extra cuz my order kept getting delayed.. but overall I am very happy with them. They have some great sales, so by all means, take advantage of it!
Old 12-29-04, 05:37 PM
Banned

What mail service did you use?
Old 12-29-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It appears given his post above Craig that he use the cheapest option.
Old 12-30-04, 07:48 AM

Yeah, I used the cheapest option they had. The order shipped on the 17th and I got it on the 29th. Of course, I also have to keep in mind there was no mail delivery the past two days, and none on christmas eve. So, it basically took a week. I'd check them out, they seem to be the cheapest place for Korean dvd's, and they have lots of good sales on. I got "Jamon Jamon" and "The Girl on the Bridge" for $4.90 each!! Next, I want to order "3-Iron"... they have the set for $18.60 whereas most sites are charging $23.95 or more for it.
Old 01-02-05, 05:52 PM

Can anyone who ordered from dvdheaven how fast they process your order (i.e. ship). Thanks
Old 01-04-05, 12:32 PM

They shipped my items two days after they came in stock.
Old 01-04-05, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by murphy_wmm
They shipped my items two days after they came in stock.
really well they are amazing slow with mine that i am considering reporting fraud to paypal. They havent answered any of my five emails. Does anyone know their msn screenname. Thanks
Old 01-04-05, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by dmpre99
really well they are amazing slow with mine that i am considering reporting fraud to paypal. They havent answered any of my five emails. Does anyone know their msn screenname. Thanks
Exactly how long have it been? Remember Holidays may add a bit of a delay. I was checking out their prices and they seem to be very low compared to thedvdective.com. I am seriously considering giving them a try.
Old 01-04-05, 10:41 PM
Banned

Anyone is low compared to DVDdetective. they jack up their prices a lot. Really nice and good communication but really bad prices.
Old 01-04-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gotta remember, they are trying to make a profit as well as cover their shipping charges.
Old 01-04-05, 11:37 PM

MSN screen-name is:
[email protected]

He's online right now, he should be able to help you.
Old 01-05-05, 12:09 AM

Anyone is low compared to DVDdetective. they jack up their prices a lot. Really nice and good communication but really bad prices.
You've obviously never shopped at hkflix, poker industries, or pretty much any other shop in the US that sells Korean dvd's.

It's really kind of dumb to compare the prices of Korean DVD's between a site in the US and a site in Korea. It's like going to a site in Korea that sells R1 DVD's and wondering why their prices are more than deepdiscountdvd.
Old 01-05-05, 08:18 AM

So for those in the US... where's the most popular places you normally place orders for Korean, Japanese, etc. releases? Sure, places like layoyo.com and koreandvds.com have decent prices, but when I tally the average up with overseas shipping... that usually kills the deal.
Old 01-05-05, 09:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sifu
You've obviously never shopped at hkflix, poker industries, or pretty much any other shop in the US that sells Korean dvd's.

It's really kind of dumb to compare the prices of Korean DVD's between a site in the US and a site in Korea. It's like going to a site in Korea that sells R1 DVD's and wondering why their prices are more than deepdiscountdvd.
Of course I understand why their prices are so high. But I'd also like for you to explain why their shipping prices are so high as well. It's just cheaper to order direct from the country of origin.
Old 01-06-05, 06:25 AM

Dear Members,

I am pleased to communicate with you.
Let me introduce myself first.

My name is hyo min song, marketing manager of dvdheaven.com...

I knew this community site from one of your members today. And I am so glad to see you discuss with our site... ^^

If you are ok, I hope I can help you understand our site through this good space...
Old 01-06-05, 06:32 AM

I believe our price is competitive and charming to you. That is why we sell our goods on same price as the korean domestic market. And our price is the cheapest price in korean market too...

We would like to supply our goods to you and we hope you enjoy our dvds.

So, if you have any question or if you find anything that we need to be changed or advanced, please do not hesitate to contact us.

My MSN ID is [email protected]...
Welcome you anytime...^^

One more thing...
If you are ok, i want to introduce our goods on this website. Please let me know your opinion of this issue...

Thanks...

Best Regards,
Hyo Min Song
=======================
Marketing Team Manager
DVDheaven
-----------------------
Tel : 82-2-455-9861
E-mail : [email protected]
MSN Messenger : [email protected]

Last edited by dvdheaven.com; 01-06-05 at 06:34 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.