Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Question regarding Terminator 2 dvd replacement.

royal
12-20-04, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know who to contact to get a defective terminator 2 replacement? I took off the metal casing from the extreme edition and it completely ruined the plastic outsiding of the case. In addition to that, the box art wasn't aligned behind the plastic properly and when taking off the security tape, it ripped the cover art.

Now I looked at the back of the case and it shows the dvd made by Artisan and their website address of www.artisanent.com. When I go to that site, it redirects me to lionsgatefilms.com. I'm assuming artisan changed their name. When I try e-mailing Lionsgatefilms, they keep ignoring my e-mails. Am I contacting the wrong place? Does anyone have any correct contact information I would use to get a replacement dvd?

Thanks in advance!

Leechboy
12-20-04, 04:38 PM
I may have an extra cover for it somewhere in my room. If I find it you can have it.

Cameron
12-20-04, 05:13 PM
take it back to the store

royal
12-20-04, 05:18 PM
take it back to the store

I can't. It's one of those movies that you just throw into your collection sealed for a while until you want to watch it. I just decided to finally take the metal casing off like a few months after I bought it and all of what I described in the 1st post happened just recently. Best Buy store policy wont let me return it once it's open, not to mention I don't have my receipt anymore. Perhaps I should've kept the receipt even if it's months later.

eau
12-20-04, 05:40 PM
I can't. It's one of those movies that you just throw into your collection sealed for a while until you want to watch it. I just decided to finally take the metal casing off like a few months after I bought it and all of what I described in the 1st post happened just recently. Best Buy store policy wont let me return it once it's open, not to mention I don't have my receipt anymore. Perhaps I should've kept the receipt even if it's months later.
Exchanges will be lenient right after the holiday ;)

chileorgullo
12-20-04, 05:49 PM
Same problem.
Actually I know a ton of people who bought it, and only one of theirs opens properly! Knowing this, I was very careful removing mine, and same problem. I was able to get a replacement. Unfortunatley it was the cardboard one, but still better than a ruined one like most of my friends got.
What I did was
-go to return/exchange
-and with the reciept, show the clerk that it was like "stuck" or like impossible.
"It's impossible to get out, I haven't even watched the disc yet." I added, "This isn't supposed to be extreme part right?" (I had it half out)
she kindly let me go into the movie section come back and gave me the replacement, and explained the metal gets caught. she was really cool about it
-so try to get someone who doesn't look stuck up or anything, I might not have been so lucky.
I did it the next day, so I don't know about your situation, but good luck.

tbwmp88
12-21-04, 03:48 AM
"This isn't supposed to be extreme part right?"

:lol: I heard so many bad stories about the metal case, so I decided to get the cardboard one.