Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

So, was I the only one that did the Treasure Hunt @ Empiredvd?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just happened to check one of my email accounts and saw that Empiredvd.com.au was having a Treasure hunt. I believe I was the last one to win (total number of 25 people could win) as when I clicked, the contest closed immediately after. You could win up to $60 (AUD) in vouchers. I had to use the clues but should end up with a free $20 (AUD) which is good enough for a dvd and shipping.

Since they stated that it was the end of round one, I am guessing they might have this again.

http://www.empiredvd.com.au/promo_th...OXK51242021823
Old 12-18-04, 08:41 PM

I was number 7 to win a voucher, subject to getting the confirmatory e-mail...

Same as you, used the three clues even though after the first two there was something very, very familiar about the film! Still, a $20 voucher is a $20 voucher and would be put to good use.
Old 12-18-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, who the hell knows when that is gonna happen. The way I see it is, since it say you found it, most likely you got it, regardless of the # of where you got it. Oh yeah, I was searching imdb.com and everything trying not to use up the $$ but after thinking about Dusk Til Dawn I then check imdb again and saw Solaris and there was the win. Congrats to you!
Old 12-18-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Out of curiosity, what were the clues?
Old 12-19-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Round ONE of the Empire DVD Treasure Hunt has closed because the Treasure Hunt closing deadline has been reached. We have recorded that you are amongst the lucky who found the hidden icon - once the round has closed Empire DVD staff check the time & date stamp of the entries to validate the winners - you should receive an email notification shortly!
Old 12-19-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, round 2 starts tonight for those interested. It starts a little before 7PM South Australia time.
Old 12-19-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ROUND 1 WINNERS
# Member State Clues Used Time Taken
1 lfoster ACT 3 14m
2 angevb NSW 1 15m
3 aussiedvdfan71 Victoria 3 15m
4 Tobin Tasmania 3 15m
5 djsmith NSW 3 16m
6 acayless Canterbury 3 17m
7 ian959 WA 3 17m
8 raps NSW 3 18m
9 alisha NSW 3 18m
10 braken NSW 2 19m
11 kristophersmum NSW 3 20m
12 ubow NSW 2 20m
13 drouyn Western Australia 2 20m
14 neo VIC 2 21m
15 guesswho NSW 3 22m
16 rosalina NSW 3 22m
17 underdog Victoria 3 23m
18 FrozenPea QLD 3 25m
19 wingwah NSW 3 26m
20 Lummie Queensland 1 26m
21 spud70 NSW 1 26m
22 rumsey4 NSW 3 28m
23 Mechanizmo NSW 1 29m
24 kronos NSW 3 29m
25 dvdcoma NM 3 29m <---- Me!
Old 12-20-04, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I won the second round as well, $40.00 voucher this time. It started quickly and ended quickly as the 2nd round is now closed. Closed about a minutes after I answered. I was 19 or 20, I forget. Hope others from here got in as well. The first clue I had no idea about (Jack Lives Here) and the second clue was (I want you to hit me as hard as you can). Obviously, I got the answer after that clue. That first clue still bugs me. That gives me a total of $60.00 in vouchers. Thank you empiredvd.com.au!
Old 12-20-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ian959
I was number 7 to win a voucher, subject to getting the confirmatory e-mail...

Same as you, used the three clues even though after the first two there was something very, very familiar about the film! Still, a $20 voucher is a $20 voucher and would be put to good use.
Did you get your voucher yet?
Old 12-20-04, 03:56 PM

The problem is that it starts at 7PM Australian time--which is like 3AM EST.
Old 12-20-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ROUND THREE
Opens: Thursday 23 Dec 04 @ 19:45
Closes: Friday 24 Dec 04 @ 19:45
NOT STARTED YET Max. Num Winners 60

It's easy! We've hidden a special icon on one specific DVD title in our web site - all you have to do is find the icon and click on it to win up to $30.00 of DVD's of your own choice! The icon will show in the DVD synopsis, so you will need to view the DVD details to find the icon. NOTE: This icon will only begin to appear once the hunt commences - note the start date/time above.

With 1000's of titles in our catalog this is not an easy task - so we're going to give you one starting clue for free, and then offer you up to 3 additional clues to help you in your search. However each of these additional clues you unlock will have a certain cost which comes off the potential total voucher that you could win - that means the less clues you unlock, the more your reward will be!

There is a maximum number of 60 winners per round - when 60 members have found and clicked on the icon, this round of Treasure Hunt will automatically close.

The Treasure Hunt icon looks like this:

Happy Hunting!!!
Treasure Hunt is intended to be a fair competition for Empire members, so please note the following conditions:

Only Empire DVD Members are entitled to play - the Treasure Hunt icon will not show up on the title it is hidden on if you are not presently logged in when viewing that title

Only 1 voucher per household per round will be awarded - sorry, but that really makes it more fair to all members!

Members using multiple member accounts will not be tolerated - if you are found to have used one account to unlock clues and then another to claim a voucher, or similar circumstances, this will result in automatic disqualification of all related voucher claims

If you disclose any of the Treasure Hunt clues to any body else in any way (ie. forums on other web sites, emails), yours and any voucher claims arising from such disclosure will be automatically disqualified

This is a LIVE Treasure Hunt - that means all of the allocated vouchers for this round could already have been won whilst you were sitting around reading this! The competition will close immediately (and before the close date) when the maximum number of claimants for the round have been received
Old 12-21-04, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Did you get your voucher yet?
No voucher, no e-mail, no nothing yet...
Old 12-23-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Round 3 is going on right now for those interested. You just need to become a member first.
Old 12-23-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it took me a while and I finally got it. In total for the 3 rounds I got myself $70 in vouchers!