Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 02:09 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Veronica Mars 12/14/04

"An Echolls' Family Christmas"

Spoiler:
Veronica searches for a thief when Weevil's poker winnings disappear after a game at Logan's place.
Old 12-14-04, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At this point in time, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to watch this show. That said, i've seen the chick that plays Veronica on Letterman before. And last night she was on the Late Late Show guest-hosted by the cute redhead with the big knockers from "Less Than Perfect".

I gotta say, the interview had me frequently wishing there was some girl-on-girl action between the two.

Also, they showed a clip of Ronnie in "Reefer Madness". She looked hella sexy in lingerie.
Old 12-14-04, 09:08 PM

Good episode---that was a pretty downbeat ending for a Christmas show, but probably apt for this show. Also, I wasn't expecting the "butler" twist there.

I gotta say, the interview had me frequently wishing there was some girl-on-girl action between the two.
Completely off-topic, but was this Sara Rue? Yeah, she's pretty cute and I love staring at her knockers. Did you catch the Celebrity Poker Showdown she was on, with Lauren Graham? Much girl-on-girl sexual tension there, I thought.

At this point in time, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to watch this show.
You should reconsider--I'm enjoying this show quite a bit.

Last edited by areacode212; 12-14-04 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The episode was okay, but the poker mystery wasn't too hard to point to the culprit, but the manner in which the money was extracted was the only thing that surprised me.

Lisa Rinna's botoxed lips are a scary sight.

Well, we now know that it wasn't Jake Kane siccing the security on Veronica, and Jake immediately suspected his wife of the deed.
Old 12-14-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Lisa Rinna's botoxed lips are a scary sight.

Well, we now know that it wasn't Jake Kane siccing the security on Veronica, and Jake immediately suspected his wife of the deed.
Her mouth scares me, too.

Decent ep - liked seeing Jake flip out on his wife after Veronica told him about her mom and the pics.
Old 12-15-04, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, enjoyed the episode even though it lead nothing new to the whole murder mystery. That was such a down note for a christmas-ish episode.
Old 12-15-04, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So, will Aaron die? Logan's sarcasm kills me.
Old 12-15-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A little too Murder She Wrote for me this episode. And why do TV shows and movies always equate fancy shuffling with playing prowess?

Oh yeah, Lisa Rinna looked fucking ridiculous. Moron. Why do people do that to themselves? Does she think she's fooling anyone? She can't possibly think it improves her looks, can she?

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 12-15-04 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-16-04, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Oh yeah, Lisa Rinna looked fucking ridiculous. Moron. Why do people do that to themselves? Does she think she's fooling anyone? She can't possibly think it improves her looks, can she?
She's fucking annoying to boot. Try watching her on SoapNET's "Soap Talk". She's VERY close to "Kathie Lee" annoying..

However, with those lips, i'd let her give me a brown bunny any time of the day..
Old 12-16-04, 06:34 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Just watched my recording and thought it was rather average. The only story progression we saw was Jake Kane going off on his wife about the pictures.

They do seem to be trying to make Logan more likeable.
Old 12-16-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What I like about Logan is that he's a pretty sharp cookie, but pampered, nonetheless. The reparte between Logan and Veronica always elicit a chuckle/laugh out of me.
Old 12-17-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
What I like about Logan is that he's a pretty sharp cookie, but pampered, nonetheless. The reparte between Logan and Veronica always elicit a chuckle/laugh out of me.
I like the fact that they've been slowly warming up to each other since the show began and going back to presumably where there relationship used to be.

I liked tonight's episode alot. Sometimes the "case of the week" ones can be fairly interesting, and if I read correctly, this one actually does have alot of implications down the road.