Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Oldboy UE thread part two: The Revenge!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the other one was locked for whatever reason, here is part two I suppose. I ordered this set about three or four days ago from KoreanDVDs using the 25% off coupon, and the total came to $84.xx. I got an email last night that they have shipped my set, so now it's time to play the waiting game. I'll update everyone on the condition of mine once I receive it, just as others have done.

I've never ordered from KoreanDVDs before, so let me ask this. How long does it usually take to get a shipment from him? I did pick the cheaper shipping option by the way.

Also, the last I checked, this set was still available at KoreanDVDs.

The following is some of the important information regarding exchanges and how to get replacement parts for your Oldboy UE set. If I'm leaving out anything that is highly important, then please let me know.

Here's the FULL notice from Starmax regarding replacements:

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologise to customers for damage to
the digipak caused by rivets in copper case of the old boy UE released on the 23rd of
november.
Regarding this, we have decided to exchange the digipak for customers after reviewing the problem.

Customers can apply to exchange through eMail for given period of time, depending on the exchange application, we will send the new ones out when new digipaks have produced.

further details fo exchange is outlined below.
-----------------exchange details------------------------

eMail Subject:
OLD BOY UE DIGIPAK EXCHANGE APPLICATION (to seperate from spam mail,
please write the subject as given)

eMail Body:
1. NAME
2. ADDRESS (It will be sent through registered post, therefore please
write address which the product can be handed)
3. PHONE NUMBER (Phone number which can be answered at all times)
4. Serial number (please record product number in front of copper case)
5. Damaged disc (e.g. Movie / Supplement disc No.1)
6. Others (Film cut damage or other added problems)

Subject of exchange:
1. Digipak damaged by rivet in copper case
2. are only subject to change, but if you
have damage to other digipak, send it to us, we will exchange it after
review.
3. Current exchange is for digipak only, excludes dvd holder inside the
digipak.
4. If there is other issues, point it out in the "Others" in your eMail,
we will action it after review.

Exchange period:
1. Application: 1st DEC 2004 ~ 20th DEC 2004
2. Dispatch: 23rd of DEC 2004 Bundle post (please be advised that
postage could be delayed due to end of year holiday season)

Exchange appliaction eMail.
[email protected]
(Please understand we do not accept any queries other than eMail)
YesAsia contact information:

# General
[email protected]
# Product Information
[email protected]
# Shipping
[email protected]
# Order Status
[email protected]
# Returning Items
[email protected]
# Technical Support
[email protected]

(888) 716-5753
(852) 2786-0817 (HK Office)
Perviously posted by ehonauer:

Could be good news, I sent the following to Starmax:

To: [email protected]
Subject: ????UE ??? ????
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:02:15 +0000

Hello,

I am in the USA. I have a damaged Oldboy UE. Will you send a replacement digipack to me?

If your answer is "Yes" then I will send my replacement request using your form.

Thank you

I received this message back:

To:
Subject: ????UE ??? ????
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 02:49:15 +0000

Please send to us your replacement request.

name :

adress :

Phone number :

Serial Number :

Problem :

Thank for your mail

STARMAX

Although the reply doesn't specifically state that they will send me a replacement, they didn't say no (or ignore my email like YesAsia). So it seems like they will be taking care of consumers outside Korea.

IMPORTANT: If you send an email to Starmax, make sure you copy and paste the following as your subject line:

¿Ãµåº¸ÀÌUE µðÁöÆÑ ±³È¯½Åû

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 12-20-04 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never ordered from them, but my friends' order (Cheap shipping) came within about a week after ordering.

Thats a great price. Mine was $120 +Tax at the store
Old 12-14-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Since the other one was locked for whatever reason, here is part two I suppose. I ordered this set about three or four days ago from KoreanDVDs using the 25% off coupon, and the total came to $84.xx. I got an email last night that they have shipped my set, so now it's time to play the waiting game. I'll update everyone on the condition of mine once I receive it, just as others have done.

I've never ordered from KoreanDVDs before, so let me ask this. How long does it usually take to get a shipment from him? I did pick the cheaper shipping option by the way.

Also, the last I checked, this set was still available at KoreanDVDs.

I remember when had the UE around $78 shipped. I believe they underpriced it by mistake.

Brent,

You should have your item within a 7 day window from the original shipping date. It might take a little longer considering that USPS is experiencing high volume.
Old 12-14-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a link to the old, closed thread.

Oldboy UE Thread Part I

Benedict (moderator) said he closed it because of length, although it seems that somebody posting a link to an eBay auction is what raised it on his radar. So people, don't post any links to eBay auctions here!

To sum up the last thread, the Oldboy Ultimate Edition (UE) is a beautiful package in a limited edition of 2,754, but the DVD digipacks are getting scraped by rivets on the custom copper case during shipping. Starmax has agreed to send replacements digipacks, and retailers seem to be coordinating this for consumers outside Korea. However, Starmax is only taking replacement requests THROUGH 12/20. So if there is a problem with yours, don't lollygag before reporting it.

Brent, I have another set on the way from KoreanDVDs, too. This is the wrong time of year for overseas shipments. Hopefully we'll get ours before the 12/20 deadline for digipack replacements!

I'm curious how KoreanDVDs still has this in stock. Maybe they have all those extra copies Starmax pressed up after the first 2,754 sold.

Last edited by ehonauer; 12-14-04 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

mine shipped from koreandvds.com as well and it got here with EMS in about 4 days. The mailman left the notice so I'm going to get it tomorrow at lunch time. let you guys know then as well as the damage. I'm glad I was able to get it before the window from starmax to get replacement packs. I've never ordered from koreandvds.com before that is why i went with the ems shipping. I'm happy so far and i did get replies to my emails. The one thing is is that it looks like their selection might be limited in comparison with other places. I've only order from Korea once through Mr Kwang but i never received the item although he sent me the money back, I just felt bad cause it wasn't his fault but it wasn't mines either and i know is hard for a small shop to take such a loss. So from now on i worry about using the regular mail if there is no sort of tracking. Is the regular airmail reliable? do they offer coupons usually? shipping cost is a killer.
As for the other thread, i thought that it was the ebay link(s) that really drove the dagger in.

Last edited by BuddhaWake; 12-14-04 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 03:40 PM

Koreandvds for me is a no go zome
as here in the UK we would get stung by Customs for that set maybe about 20 quid charge to get it back! scary!
Old 12-14-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh wow, I hope I get mine before the 20th. What process is KoreanDVDs making everyone who bought it there go through in order to make everything right?
Old 12-14-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh wow, I hope I get mine before the 20th. What process is KoreanDVDs making everyone who bought it there go through in order to make everything right?
Click on the link three posts above yours.
Old 12-15-04, 11:02 AM

Anyone got a reply from yesasia yet?

I guess they were swamped by emails and pics
Old 12-15-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey fella's meet the proud owner of #1310. it arrived today. the damage was like everyone else's around. everything else was good. the box is scratched from the manufacturing, but once is cleaned it should be fine. thumbs up to koreandvds.com
Old 12-15-04, 07:08 PM
Cool New Member

Has anyone who emailed Starmax, had a response?
I emailed them with the info they asked for, but haven't heard anything back.
Old 12-15-04, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shintaro
I've sent them numerous messages, even including the Korean text in the subject line (December 4th), but all has been quiet.
Old 12-15-04, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
me too.
Old 12-15-04, 07:30 PM

No reply from starmax for me either.

All of my emails from @Yahoo were being returned, I sent one with @Gmail and it apprently went through. I'm just hoping I dont get a message in a few weeks saying "Gmail was unable to send your message and it has been returned"
Old 12-15-04, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a huge question for everyone, so help me out here.

I placed my order for this at KoreanDVDs on 12/09/04, and that night I got a pending charge for $84.19. That is still listed as pending as of right now, listed on my PayPal account. Tonight however, I just noticed an actual charge, a completed charge, for $84.19 that went through today...12/15/04. Is this normal, or should I be worried about anything? Usually the pending charge will just change to completed, instead of something totally new showing up.

The one that is pending is listed as ESTOP INC. ., but the one that is completed is listed as WP-ESTOP INC. SEOUL GB. I just want to make sure this is all normal, since I've never seen anything like this before. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 12-15-04, 10:20 PM

hmm, Im not sure.

I do know that with places like CDJapan, they'll "make sure" you have the money in the account (And you wont be able to touch it for a few days), it'll eventually return though and they'll later-on charge when it ships.

What might be the problem is they "authorized" the payment to make sure you had enough money, and before it was replaced, they "Charged" you the amount. If thats the case, it should re-appear in a few days.
Old 12-16-04, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Shintaro
Yes, I got an email from them yesterday morning requesting what digipacks i needed replacing
Old 12-16-04, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cooey
Yes, I got an email from them yesterday morning requesting what digipacks i needed replacing
Was it in English? Great news... i'm only hoping the rest of us hear back from Starmax before the deadline, in fact, I expect it.
Old 12-16-04, 05:42 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by cooey
Is that because you emailed them about the replacement program, but didn't state what needed replacement?
Old 12-16-04, 09:32 AM

I also got an email yesterday morning from Starmax. It asked me to send them my details (name, address, serial number, description of damage). Basically the same info that was posted in the other thread.

I had emailed them a week ago about it, so it did take them a while to get back with me. And I did use the Korean text in my subject.

Edited to add: I had originally just asked them if they would replace my damaged cases since I lived in USA. I did not specify which cases were damaged.
Old 12-16-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can you post the email that you sent them? How did you use Korean text in the subject?

Or heck, post the email address in this thread also.
Old 12-16-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a huge question for everyone, so help me out here.

I placed my order for this at KoreanDVDs on 12/09/04, and that night I got a pending charge for $84.19. That is still listed as pending as of right now, listed on my PayPal account. Tonight however, I just noticed an actual charge, a completed charge, for $84.19 that went through today...12/15/04. Is this normal, or should I be worried about anything? Usually the pending charge will just change to completed, instead of something totally new showing up.

The one that is pending is listed as ESTOP INC. ., but the one that is completed is listed as WP-ESTOP INC. SEOUL GB. I just want to make sure this is all normal, since I've never seen anything like this before. Thanks a lot guys.
It sounds like they sent through two separate transactions, an authorization and a charge, rather than an authorization and a charge on the same transaction. I believe PayPal expires authorizations in 11 business days, so that $84 will be locked up until then.

Starmax only seems to reply when you ask a question. If you send a replacement request, they don't reply. As far as I know, I was the first one to get a response from Starmax (I asked them about replacements to the US), but after I sent my actual request to them I never heard back. Same thing with YesAsia.
Old 12-16-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you post the email that you sent them? How did you use Korean text in the subject?

Or heck, post the email address in this thread also.
All this info is in Part I of the thread.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380994

Last edited by ehonauer; 12-16-04 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-16-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know that, but since it's locked I thought it might make sense for someone to post it all here at the start of this new thread, considering the other one is so long. It makes sense to me at least.
Old 12-16-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know that, but since it's locked I thought it might make sense for someone to post it all here at the start of this new thread, considering the other one is so long. It makes sense to me at least.
Sounds like a great idea! Get working, new thread starter!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.