Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Red Orchestra - UT2004 Total Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Red Orchestra - UT2004 Total Conversion

Anyone check this out yet? You can download it from fileplanet among other places. It's a hefty download, but it's a really neat looking conversion. It's a world war 2 themed version of Unreal Tournament 2004 - it pretty much plays like Battlefield 1942. There are too many controls and I haven't gotten the mapping down yet, but aside from that it seems pretty awesome.

I played a little BF: Vietnam tonight since I haven't touched it since the day I got it - and I still hate it. Even after downloading and installing the patches, the game is laggy and slow and it studders. I just put a new video card in this machine and it should be able to handle BF no problem. Nope, it chugs along like my machine is old as hell. Not to mention all the spawn camping and whatnot. You would think that if a game runs all choppy and sluggish on a decent PC then the graphics are amazing... nope. They aren't very impressive. I hope BF 2 is better.

I'd like to check out Red Orchestra sometime if anyone wants to set a time when we can all jump on a server. There aren't alot of folks to play with it seems.
Old 12-14-04, 07:44 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I'll dl it this week. I just got UT2004 and a headset a few weeks ago, since I and all my buddies from grad school play every Tuesday and Friday night.

Sounds like fun.