DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Bad Santa DVD vs Badder Santa

Grimm1
12-13-04, 03:46 PM
I want to get the Bad Santa DVD and see there is an unrated version. Are the DVD's the same feature-wise except that one has the extended version of the movie?

If you've seen the unrated version do you recommend it over the R version?

Mr. Salty
12-13-04, 05:38 PM
I might be in the minority, but I prefer the R-rated version of the movie. The added "naughty bits" in the unrated version don't amount to anything, and the unrated version has several additional gun shot hits during a chase sequence that, in my opinion, are too obvious and screw up the pacing of the sequence. The theatrical version has a much better flow to it.

The extras are the same on both discs.

ThatGuamGuy
12-13-04, 05:50 PM
I want to get the Bad Santa DVD and see there is an unrated version. Are the DVD's the same feature-wise except that one has the extended version of the movie?

If you've seen the unrated version do you recommend it over the R version?

The unrated version has a two-minute gag reel exclusive to that disc. Here's a review detailing all the additions:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11182

My quick response to unrated vs. R-rated was that there were a lot of little tiny changes that I liked better, one new sequence (under five minutes) which was fine but added nothing, and the ending felt a little too long. It doesn't make or break the movie; I lean towards unrated because of the tiny changes, which all involve Thornton being allowed to go just a little bit further than he went in the R-rated.

Gizmo
12-13-04, 08:19 PM
Isnt the UNRATED only available in Widescreen?

Matthew Chmiel
12-13-04, 09:43 PM
Both the Unrated and Rated versions are only in widescreen. No full screen versions of the flick are available.

Drexl
12-13-04, 10:40 PM
They are two different movies. :)

(Actually, my brother knows some people who bought both of them thinking they were two different movies.)