Desperate Housewives - 12/12/04

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Desperate Housewives - 12/12/04

"Suspicious Minds"

Spoiler:
Gabrielle decides to organize a glamorous fashion show for charity; Susan learns Gabrielle's shocking secret; Lynette uses her business acumen to poach a nanny; Bree decides to deal with Andrew's out-of-control behavior herself.

Cast: Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria, James Denton, Nicolette Sheridan, Steven Culp, Andrea Bowen, Mark Moses, Ricardo Antonio Chavira, Cody Kasch, Jesse Metcalfe, Brenda Strong, Doug Savant, Zane Huette, Brent Kinsman, Shane Kinsman, Shawn Pyfrom, Joy Lauren, Lupe Ontiveros.
Director(s): Larry Shaw.
Producer(s): Charles Pratt Jr., Marc Cherry, Tom Spezialy, Michael Edelstein.
Writer(s): Jenna Bans.

Original Airdate: December 12, 2004.
Old 12-12-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm interested in seeing this. Some of the girls I work with were talking about the show a few weeks back and I caught the last episode and liked it. I'm curious to see more of the show.
Old 12-12-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Can't wait! Always appreciate new time with my favorite lady friends.
Old 12-12-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts
Just a note to those DH fans in the Phila area: Tonight's show will be on at 7pm, as the Eagles/Redskins game will be shown on the ABC affiliate (Ch 6) at 8:30pm.
Old 12-12-04, 02:49 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Should be good.
Old 12-12-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel as the promos have given away most of the episode. Hopefully I will be wrong!
Old 12-12-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Poor Susan, she always has the worst luck in everything.

Looks like the secret about Dana is out. Susan's daughter needs to be careful, as I don't think Zach is entirely mentally stable. Then again, neither is his dad.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 12-12-04 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-12-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, so I take it the body in the box was that of the missing sister Mike is supposed to be trying to find?

This series is about to turn into a mixture of Sex and the City and Twin Peaks.
Old 12-12-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damnit!!!! my tivo didn't record this. son of a .....
Old 12-12-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A lot of powder kegs were lit tonight.

I wonder if Carlos is connected to the body in the box?
Old 12-12-04, 09:13 PM

can someone please post a decent recap of this ep. for me? I really wish ABC would have continued with the Sat. repeats.
Old 12-12-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not to sure that Susan should be helping out her daughter, Zach could become mucho scary. Dad seems a little disturbed also. Was burying the blender a good thing to do? Could it be traced back to Mary Alice?

I also feel that the body is who Mike is looking for.

Susan just keeps on having bad luck.

Interesting to see how Bree dealt with her son. Was he really holding it for a friend?

Really a shock to see the police come for Carlos and not his wife. Glad she finally took responsibility and and told John's mother that it was her and not Susan.

Really happy that we get another new episode next Week.
Old 12-12-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Really a shock to see the police come for Carlos and not his wife. Glad she finally took responsibility and and told John's mother that it was her and not Susan.
Yeah, at first I was wondering why she was all worried for herself, but then I remembered that he she was having an affair with a minor.
Old 12-12-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if Carlos is under arrest for a business deal gone awry or if he is possibly connected to the person in the box? He can be a scary MF at times.
Old 12-12-04, 10:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I kinda figured it would turn out the cops were there for Carlos, they weren't going to resolve that story this quickly.

Bree ratting out her son
Old 12-12-04, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, a whole lot of stuff went down tonight. I was a little surprised at Susan's reaction to discovering Gabrielle's secret, but it does fit. I was also surprised that the body in the chest wasn't Dana, but an adult woman.
Lynette was funny trying to steal the nanny.
"I've give you a 20% bump, plus overtime."
".....I don't take orders from your friends, and I don't do laundry."
"Dishes?"
"Only the kids'"
Old 12-13-04, 12:34 AM

Very entertaining episode. Wonder who is the adult female bones in the child's chest. How does it relate to Dana? And does Mrs Huber know about all that when she wrote that note? And is Mike's investigation related to them? It's getting more intriguing...
Old 12-13-04, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another great episode.

Here's hoping the first season comes out on DVD in time to rewatch before Season 2 starts.
Old 12-13-04, 07:25 AM

Cool episode.
Old 12-13-04, 08:03 AM

what ep. # was this?
Old 12-13-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
what ep. # was this?
It's only number 9. Seems more than that for some reason.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...1/epid-368342/
Old 12-13-04, 08:40 AM

Is anyone else waiting for Carlos to beat down Bree's son? I can't stand that kid.
Old 12-13-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
can someone please post a decent recap of this ep. for me? I really wish ABC would have continued with the Sat. repeats.
Hmm, kind of an interesting episode:

Lynette scores some high grade nanny (Marla Sokoloff).

After Susan gets wind of John and Gabrielle's tryst, she confronts Yard boy John, and his mom catches Susan trying to talk some sense into John from afar. The mom concluded incorrectly that Susan is the one sleeping with the yard boy (this blows up during the charity fashion show and Susan's showstopper dress gets all ripped up by the Yard boy's mom, and then Susan is sent up on stage, and stop the show she did), so Susan makes Gabrielle 'fess up, and yard boy's mom appears to be the "don't get mad, get even" type.

Bree is still concerned about Andrew's lack of remorse for what he's done (drunk driving and running over Mrs. Solis). Bree catches Andrew smoking pot, she has Andrew give her a urine sample while he's buzzing, and later when she confronts Rex on the golf course and shows him the urine, but Rex isn't all that concerned, so she throws the urine on him. Eww... Later, Bree finds some more pot in Andrew's locker at school, and decided to place an anonymous call to get Andrew busted for pot possession.

Paul buries Mrs. Huber and the blender in a dug up hole.

Susan finds out that Julie has been writing to Zach while he's in the mental health center. Later, Zach escapes and heads straight for Julie's house and Julie keeps him hidden. Zach confesses to Julie that when he was 4 he was responsible for killing Dana. Paul confronts Julie at her house looking for Zach, Susan intercedes and tells him that Julie doesn't know where Zach is and that she doesn't lie (Julie shoots the viewers a guilty look).

The cops research the box (found in the lake/pond earlier in the season that Paul unsuccessfully tried to sink to the bottom) that had the body inside and they find the box maker. What's the interesting new revealation was that the body inside the box was of an adult whose body got cut up to fit inside the box.

Just as Gabrielle is about to confess her affair with the Yard boy, the cops show up, and she thinks the mom has called in the cops for her crimes (statutory rape comes to mind because she was doing John when he was 16), but the cops/FBI were there to arrest her husband Carlos, and he claims Tanaka is making him take the fall.
Old 12-13-04, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Interesting to see how Bree dealt with her son. Was he really holding it for a friend?
Of course not! We saw him smoking it himself more than once.

Great episode. It was odd that Mike didn't appear at all though. I had an inkling that it might be Carlos who was under arrest when the squad cars pulled up, but I still have no idea why. I was disappointed that Zack couldn't remember more of what happened to Dana, but I guess they can't reveal everything too soon. He said that he was the one who killed Dana, but didn't say anything about how. I wonder who the woman in the box will turn out to be. Even if it is the woman who Mike is looking for, we know almost nothing about her.

I really enjoy both this show and Lost but I feel like they should only last two or three seasons at the most. They can't draw out these mysteries forever and I don't think there would be much point in watching any more episodes once the secrets at the heart of each series are revealed, as much as I like the characters.
Old 12-13-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by focker
I really enjoy both this show and Lost but I feel like they should only last two or three seasons at the most. They can't draw out these mysteries forever and I don't think there would be much point in watching any more episodes once the secrets at the heart of each series are revealed, as much as I like the characters.
Twin Peaks failed because it couldn't continue beyond the original mystery. I hope the writers of both these shows take that into account when looking to the future. Maybe they both can start giving hints towards another huge mystery at least a half-season before the starting ones are solved? We'll be so engrossed in another, it wouldn't be disappointing if the first ended?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.