Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Highlander Season 6 - 2/8/05!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highlander Season 6 - 2/8/05!

TVShowsOnDVD is reporting the released date, specs/features, and cover-art for the 6th and final season of Highlander-The Series.

However, something doesn't smell right. The specs show 22 episodes. However according to many TV episode listing sites, TVTome, et al, show only 13 episodes for Season 6. So I don't know what's up with those specs.
Old 12-12-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
They mention in the write-up that AB has a habit of copying and pasting info from past seasons when releasing the specs. So unless they've uncovered some lost episodes, someone was just too lazy to type new specs.
Old 12-12-04, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah...those specs are wrong...Season 6 was only 13 episodes...honestly only the episodes with the demon and the finale are any good...most of the season didn't even feature Adrian Paul.
Old 12-12-04, 04:59 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
That set sure looks different from this set that has been available for over a month.

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/s.nl/...t.A/id.1657/.f
Old 12-12-04, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lisadoris
They mention in the write-up that AB has a habit of copying and pasting info from past seasons when releasing the specs. So unless they've uncovered some lost episodes, someone was just too lazy to type new specs.
Oh OK, that's what that meant. I misread it to say that TVShowsOnDVD copies and pastes its specs.
Old 12-12-04, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by X
That set sure looks different from this set that has been available for over a month.

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/s.nl/...t.A/id.1657/.f
Well, I can tell you this just by looking at the Season 5 set from that site. The Anchor Bay release (of Season 5) had packaging similar to the Matrix set (ie. double discs per flap) where the "Legendary Heroes" version has single disc flaps, not to mention a different box color all together. The Anchor Bay release for Season 5 has the same color as the LH Season 6 version. And LH's Season 5 is the same color as Anchor Bay's Season 2.

So we've got two different companies here releasing them and they're different.
Old 12-12-04, 06:32 PM
X
Administrator

The "Legendary Heroes" Season 6 has the same box color as the Anchor Bay Season 5.

It's hard to imagine that they'll package the Anchor Bay Season 6 with double discs per flap if there's only 7 discs and they want to maintain a box of any decent width to match the others.

There sure is a price difference between the two versions.
Old 12-13-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Weird. Are there really 2 versions of season 5? Or just erroneous mockups?

I just received 4 and 5 from Legendary Heroes, which used to be Highlander-Official.com. #4 says Anchor Bay on it, 5 doesn't. Very strange. But they both look like the first 3 except that 5 doesn't say Anchor Bay anywhere and there are only 8 discs. I'm going to be pissed if this is some lesser version.

The price difference is just the sale from the original site at the moment, I think. You can see their pre-order for the Raven series is still outlandish.

Further on mine:
#1 Anchor Bay distributor, 9 discs
#2 Anchor Bay, 8 discs
#3 Anchor Bay, 9 discs
#4 Anchor Bay, 9 discs
#5 just Davis-Panzer, 8 discs

Otherwise, I would have no reason to suspect there was any difference whatsoever. Design of the case, layout, pic style, symbols are all identical in concept. I might add that the identical marketing layout is on legendary heroes and amazon and tvshowsondvd, but the set I received from legendary heroes looks a bit different. Anybody else actually receive this and have something different from me?

Last edited by Spiky; 12-13-04 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-13-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The highlander series was originally available on dvd only from the official web site, after which Anchor Bay released them in the usual manner. I don't know if there's any difference since I just have the Anchor Bay releases, but this would explain the difference in labeling.
Old 12-13-04, 11:54 AM

ONLY 13 EPISODES!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!! I thought there was more than that!

is that it then no more sets after this one?
Old 12-13-04, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Romerojpg
ONLY 13 EPISODES!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!! I thought there was more than that!

is that it then no more sets after this one?
Well, there's the 22-episode season of The Raven which was a spin-off with the Elizabeth Gracen character.
Old 12-13-04, 01:31 PM

I thought there was more seasons really its a shame as its ended soo soon, its just a punch in the face as I thought there was 9 seasons for some reason and the fact its ending in 13 episodes just isnt nice for me, better enjoy it while it lasts and hope the price for season 6 is very, very low! to console me

Wonder when The Raven will come out anyway?

never got to see it over here as they didnt bother with it on our TV's, in fact they never did even Highlander on our TV's we got season 1 and 2 and that was about it, so buying the dvds is great for me as its all pretty much brand new

Lets hope the new Miniseries and film get filming soon then!
Old 12-13-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I'll be glad to pick this up. I saw a lot of the series when it originally aired, but I didn't catch any of the sixth season, so I have no idea what happens.

Overall it was a pretty entertaining show.
Old 12-13-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spiky
Weird. Are there really 2 versions of season 5? Or just erroneous mockups?

I just received 4 and 5 from Legendary Heroes, which used to be Highlander-Official.com. #4 says Anchor Bay on it, 5 doesn't. Very strange. But they both look like the first 3 except that 5 doesn't say Anchor Bay anywhere and there are only 8 discs. I'm going to be pissed if this is some lesser version.

The price difference is just the sale from the original site at the moment, I think. You can see their pre-order for the Raven series is still outlandish.

Further on mine:
#1 Anchor Bay distributor, 9 discs
#2 Anchor Bay, 8 discs
#3 Anchor Bay, 9 discs
#4 Anchor Bay, 9 discs
#5 just Davis-Panzer, 8 discs

Otherwise, I would have no reason to suspect there was any difference whatsoever. Design of the case, layout, pic style, symbols are all identical in concept. I might add that the identical marketing layout is on legendary heroes and amazon and tvshowsondvd, but the set I received from legendary heroes looks a bit different. Anybody else actually receive this and have something different from me?
Checking LegendaryHeros vs DeepDiscountDVD I'm seeing cover differences between the sets.

I picked up season 5 during the 20% off sale at DDD and I'm bummed that I could have gotten it cheaper at legendary heros along with Season 6.
Old 12-15-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Romerojpg
Wonder when The Raven will come out anyway?
Due out in May or something like that according to the legendary heroes site. They only just announced they would put it on DVD in summer 2004, I believe. It's been on VHS for a couple years.
Old 01-01-05, 08:20 AM

Hey anyone know what the actual price should be for season 6 than? as its the same price as all the other seasons on all sites!!!!

but its only 13 episodes?
how can it cost the same?
surley its not the same amount of dvds?
whats going on shoudnt it be half the price?

as I want to pre order it, but it just seems a rip off that its the same price as the other seasons! grrrrr
Old 01-02-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Same price as all the others. You'd have it now if you had bought it from the source (pun intended) in the last 2 months, it was $40. I forget how many, 6-7 DVDs I believe.
Old 01-02-05, 07:22 PM

For me overseas that cheaper $40 set ends up costing more than the Anchor bay version as postage is a joke $25!!!!!!! and then I will also be stung by customs for at least another $25 so its not good for overseas peole guess I will have to spend my cash on the JOKE priced nchor Bay version
Old 05-16-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 358 Posts
Highlander The Series DVD question!

Hey, new to the DVD Talk area so be kind (I mean you X, )

Didn't think this was worth a new thread so tacked on to this one that came up under search.

I've been thinking for a while about getting Highlander The Series on DVD, seemed everywhere I looked it was going for about $59 or so and $69 at BB. Yesterday while surfing I found this,

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/s.nl/...t.A/id.1642/.f

I figured for $40 with no tax and free shipping I couldn't go wrong and would try season 1, so I ordered. But now I'm seeing there may be different releases? I'm not a collector and while I watch some extra's and enjoy commentaries, I pretty much buy DVD's to watch, not resell or collect.

Are there different releases? Did I screw up by buying from them? Assuming the actual shows are the same, is there a signifacte difference between this and other releases and finally how can I tell the difference?
Old 05-16-05, 10:58 PM
X
Administrator

Hey, Sdallnct! Get out of this forum! Beat it!
Old 05-16-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 358 Posts
Originally Posted by X
Hey, Sdallnct! Get out of this forum! Beat it!
Dang, thought I could sneak in...guess back to otter for me