Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Csi 12/09/04

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Csi 12/09/04

(Didn't see a new thread on this episode, and the Search feature almost makes it a pain to search on "CSI" because of the 4-letter minimum)

So the light is shined brightly on new world order in CSI, and it feels strange.

Warrick's balls descended as he started barking back at the cop he suspects of improper conduct. This goes up the chain, and Catherine has to give Warrick a talking-to, and Warrick looked annoyed in the differences in management styles between her and Grissom.

Greg is freaked out after being at the scene where a couple of murders occurs at the scene being investigated by him, Grissom and Sophia. Sophia shows some grit pursuing the shooter in order to gather the firearm used in the killings.

A bit of Sarah's past comes back to face her as a case leads her and Brass to a foster home, and brings back memories for her. I like Brass and Sarah as a team, though.

Grissom offers Catherine a bottled baby pig as a gift for her promotion, and agrees that his lack of political savvy cost him Warrick and Nick, but his misfortune is Catherine's bounty.

So is the crime lab going to be running short on staff for the night and swing shifts now? It would seem each shift is lacking about 2 CSIs after the shakeup from 2 episodes ago.
Old 12-10-04, 02:56 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I watched it and felt it was a rather lackluster episode. This whole CSI 'shakeup' has to be done because Petersen is tiring of his role and the show in general because it appears as though he'll be getting a lot less screen time.
Old 12-10-04, 02:56 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I didn't care for the new setup.

Average episode overall.
Old 12-10-04, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not enough Peterson in this episode. He started off the show and kind of dissappeard for the rest of it.
Old 12-12-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
I thought the crime scene shooting was pretty intense. Have they ever been at the scene when someone was killed?
Old 12-12-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
I thought the crime scene shooting was pretty intense. Have they ever been at the scene when someone was killed?
I don't remember killed, but I think both Warrick and Nick have used their weapons on a scene.
Old 12-12-04, 12:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Back in the pilot the new CSI, Holly Gribbs, was shot and killed at a scene when Warrick left her alone to go gamble.
Old 12-12-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
There were too many cases, so they didn't go in depth enough on any of them. Pretty weak episode, in my opinion.
Old 12-12-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the starved boy case was gruesome, but fascinating. Loved Sarah's exchange: "You don't look like you're skipping any meals"--"Shut up, you skinny bitch!"

I agree this ep had too many cases: it made it hard to keep up what everyone was working on and what they were talking about half the time. One thing I will say about the awful CSI:Miami: they usually focus on one case, making it easier to follow.

So that ending with Sarah-- was she abused/neglected? Was that court case she was looking up her mother?
Old 12-13-04, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I enjoyed the episode, but this is the first season I've watched the show, so less Grissom didn't really have an impact on me, though I did find it strange.
Old 12-13-04, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was an ok episode. The lack of Peterson on show just didn't seem right. He is the driving force of the show. 3 cases per episode is just too many. At one point I started to lose track of who was working on what and why.